Cable guide underneath Bottom Bracket?

Leozinho

Feb 21, 2005
What's that cable guide underneath the bottom bracket called, and where can I get one? Is a bike shop likely to stock them?

I bought a frame on Ebay that didn't come with one (argh!). It's just got two holes in the bottom bracket shell: one in the middle that appears threaded and one to the right side that doesn't seem to be threaded.

Also any idea what would FY 61 stamped on the BB shell means?

Thanks.

Leozinho said:
What's that cable guide underneath the bottom bracket called, and where can I get one? Is a bike shop likely to stock them?

I bought a frame on Ebay that didn't come with one (argh!). It's just got two holes in the bottom bracket shell: one in the middle that appears threaded and one to the right side that doesn't seem to be threaded.

Also any idea what would FY 61 stamped on the BB shell means?

Thanks.
Bottom Bracket Cable Guide like the one:
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.c...Frame Parts&tc=Cable Guide&item_id=SH-66Y9850

FY 61 is likely your serial number with some kind on a date code and sequence number built in.

Not sure where you get one, but it's the standard guide that comes with either shifters or a set of cables ( I don't recall which ). I may have an extra if you're interested.

It's called the cable guide underneath the bottom bracket. :) When I built up my bike, I didn't get one with either the frame, shifters, or cables. My LBS had a bunch of them floating around though. I think they charged me $1 for it.

Thanks for the replies. The LBS, who doesn't know me from Adam, gave me one for free.

Thanks for the help.