Cable routing on FSA k wings without internal routing.

chad

Guest
I got a pair of these and didn't realise they came in a OEM version without
the internal cable routing holes. Now the brake cables have to run under
the top of the bar. I dont want to tap the top of the bar but want to
secure the cable somehow to the bars at places.

Anyone else have this version and how did you deal with the brake cables.
Also how high did you tape up the bar? To the first flat section after the
hoods?

"chad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I got a pair of these and didn't realise they came in a OEM version without
> the internal cable routing holes. Now the brake cables have to run under
> the top of the bar. I dont want to tap the top of the bar but want to
> secure the cable somehow to the bars at places.
>
> Anyone else have this version and how did you deal with the brake cables.
> Also how high did you tape up the bar? To the first flat section after
> the
> hoods?

I don't know about this specific bar. I do have Easton EC70s which have a
flat on the leading edge for cables instead of holes or a groove. I run
tape up to the 'shoulder' and just make sure the cables are the right
length. They pretty much fall in place and don't move around when I'm
holding the top wing bit.

Does that help?

Skippy E&OE

Are you certain that there is such a thing as an OEM version of these bars?

You really should return the bars and ask for a new set - never heard of FSA
K-wing bars with no holes for the cables.

Thanks Skippy I'll give it a try and thats what i thought I'd do and yeah
these are a OEM version. They do come in one.

news:[email protected]...