cable splitters for travel bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alex, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    I just bought a Ritchey Breakapart frame. I'm looking for cable splitters for brake and derailleur
    cables to make traveling with the bike easier. The Ritchey assembly instructions refer to these
    devices but don't mention which they spec.

    Does anyone have suggestions/sources for these things and possibly know which Ritchey specs.

    Thanks in advance,

    Alex

    Tags:

  2. "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a Ritchey Breakapart frame. I'm looking for cable splitters for brake and derailleur
    > cables to make traveling with the bike easier. The Ritchey assembly instructions refer to these
    > devices but don't mention which they spec.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions/sources for these things and possibly know which Ritchey specs.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Alex

    Here: http://www.bgcycles.com/access.html scroll to near the bottom of the page. These work
    very well!

  3. I think, but am not certain that sailing shops do such splitters as well.

  4. Jack Fortune

    Jack Fortune Guest

    On 25 Jun 2003 14:34:27 -0700, [email protected] (Alex) wrote:
    > I just bought a Ritchey Breakapart frame. I'm looking for cable splitters for brake and derailleur
    > cables to make traveling with the bike easier. The Ritchey assembly instructions refer to these
    > devices but don't mention which they spec.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions/sources for these things and possibly know which Ritchey specs.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Alex

    On two of our travel bikes we are using these:

    http://www.teamspirit.net/comp.html#split

    I believe that Bruce Gordon also markets a cable splitter, as well.

    best regards,

    Jack Fortune

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I just bought a Ritchey Breakapart frame. I'm looking for cable splitters for brake and derailleur
    > cables to make traveling with the bike easier. The Ritchey assembly instructions refer to these
    > devices but don't mention which they spec.
    >
    > Does anyone have suggestions/sources for these things and possibly know which Ritchey specs.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Alex

    Bruce Gordon Cycles