Cable tightening

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Neale, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neale

Neale Guest

My rear gear has just started to make a clicking noise from the rear - one click per wheel
    revolution, and has also become prone to slipping a gear when under load going up hill (Campag
    Mirage kit).

I seem to have cured it by giving a few turns on the cable tensioner (the bike's about 6 month old
    with 600 miles on the clock)

...yes, pathetic, I know, but its not my only bike!

...anyway, am I likely to have sorted it, or do I need to be aware of some exact and arcane science
    re: cable tension??

Tags:

2. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:49:19 +0100, "Neale" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My rear gear has just started to make a clicking noise from the rear - one click per wheel
    >revolution, and has also become prone to slipping a gear when under load going up hill (Campag
    >Mirage kit). I seem to have cured it by giving a few turns on the cable tensioner (the bike's about
    >6 month old with 600 miles on the clock)

Campag must be adjusted only by specially trained virgins wearing white gloves.

OK, not really. Campag's website has downloadable instructions: I would go and grab some and
    probably have a look at http://www.sheldonbrown.com as well.

The science of cable adjustment is fairly precise in my experience and worth learning the Proper
    Technique as it prolongs sprocket and chain life.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
    between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
    the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

3. Mark

Mark Guest

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

> Campag must be adjusted only by specially trained virgins wearing white gloves.
    >
    Don't forget the ceremonial white robes.
    --
    mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.