Cadel didn't deserve yellow either.

thoughtforfood

Jul 24, 2007
How many of you really believe that Cadel was the only clean rider to keep up with the doped ones?

I have been reading a lot of posts by people who decry doping, and point fingers with the only proof being a particular rider's performance versus others who were thrown out of the tour, or the team on which they reside. Yet these same people seem to think Cadel is truly clean, and the only one deserving of yellow.

If this is you, how can you be so blind. I know there are 2 speeds in the peloton, and anyone of the top speed variety are most assuredly doping. Cadel is in that group like it or not.

Secondly, he rode for T-Mobile during the time when there was systematic doping by the team itself. Yea, he didn't partake......didn't inhale as we yanks like to say.

Past that, if the wheelsucking little puke had actually ridden in stage 8, he would now be wearing yellow, and celebrating. He is not, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

No, I do not dislike anyone because of the country in which they were born. I like Michael Rogers (probably on the juice, but still seems like a nice guy), Phil Anderson (crazy marriage problems aside), and especially Robbie. That guy has balls, and will push to the barriers to win whether he is the pusher or pushee.

All I am saying is that the vitol spewed towards other dopers by specific people, is completely absent, or at best minimal in the case of Evans. Are you all really that blind?

thecyclist said:
Evans hasn't been implicated in a doping scandal though, and some one has to win.
And Levi has? I know Levi is juiced, but he has never been implicated in anything. And if your argument is that he rides for disco, therefore he is dirty, I would agree....but on Cadel, I would revert to his membership in the T-Mobile dope machine.

But Evans finished ahead of Levi, that is why he is the real winner.

I'm not sure about the T-Mobile thing. Botero was really bad at T-Mobile.

thecyclist said:
But Evans finished ahead of Levi, that is why he is the real winner.

I'm not sure about the T-Mobile thing. Botero was really bad at T-Mobile.
More clearly, what I am saying is that implication or not, the greatest evidence of whether someone is doping or not is performance. Cadel's performance screams of systematic doping, as does Contador, as does Levi, as does Ras, as does Armstrong, as does Vino, as does Ulrich, as does____________.

Cadel deserves the win why?

Because there isn't any proof that he is doping.

The real winner is either Cadel or Rasmussen.

thecyclist said:
Because there isn't any proof that he is doping.

The real winner is either Cadel or Rasmussen.
No, the real winner is Contador, we all just wish it wasn't a doper. Cadel does not fall into the category of clean....sorry, he just doesn't.

thecyclist said:
Evans hasn't been implicated in a doping scandal though, and some one has to win.
Someone did. :rolleyes: This is like left-wing Dems saying Bush isn't "their" president.

Cadel supporters need to go cry in their Fosters.

That being said, I am looking forward to what Cadel can do next year. Congratulations to an Aussie making the podium. And why didn't VS interview him? He speaks English. They just talked about Contador, interviewed Levi and skipped Cadel. I've never heard the man speak!

It seems fatuous to denounce Ras and praise Evans. Or to laud Aldopo and decry Vino. Some individuals may have failed tests that makes them, at least ostensibly, more culpable. But surely most of us on here know that the whole history of modern doping points overwhelmingly to the fact that there is no great difference between any of them (with a few possible exceptions)-either in intent or practice. There is very little point in getting overly exercised by one dirty rider over another.

nns1400 said:
Australians don't drink Fosters, we just export it to the British.

I say well done Cadel, he did his best and his best was second. Where's the shame in that?

mrfrogger said:

I say well done Cadel, he did his best and his best was second. Where's the shame in that?
You mean Fosters isn't "Austrahlian for beeah?" I'm so disillusioned. :( Next you'll tell me that you don't all carry around big knoives and wear croc teeth necklaces.

Yes, well done Cadel for second place, and best Aussie finish yet.

mrfrogger said:
Would be funny if you guys drink Heineken instead. Since we dont drink Heineken, we just export it to the rest of the world :)

Gregers said:
It seems fatuous to denounce Ras and praise Evans. Or to laud Aldopo and decry Vino. Some individuals may have failed tests that makes them, at least ostensibly, more culpable. But surely most of us on here know that the whole history of modern doping points overwhelmingly to the fact that there is no great difference between any of them (with a few possible exceptions)-either in intent or practice. There is very little point in getting overly exercised by one dirty rider over another.
Yet it appears petty rivalries, and xenophobic agendas rule the thoughts of many. Me, I fall to logic and consistency as guiding principles, and I am sure that I fail in my attempt many times.

BTW, I enjoy well written comments, and yours was quite laudable.

thoughtforfood said:
Past that, if the wheelsucking little puke had actually ridden in stage 8, he would now be wearing yellow, and celebrating. He is not, and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
Me thinks you don't like the guy. Maybe a little prejudiced when casting aspersions.
Remember Boonen said he was the ONLY rider that he was sure wasn't on any juice.
Wheelsucking up mountains is what you'd expect a non-doped rider to do following high-cadence syrup-blooded competitors.
He didn't have much team support as opposed to his main rivals
What's the point of attacking if you are near your limit. The only time he lost significant time was when he counter-attacked instead of sticking to his rhythm.
Before someone says that you could say the same for LA :- In LA's history, rather than have an independent competitor vouch for his cleanliness, LA had several third-parties vouch that they had helped dispose of syringes, overheard him say to a doctor that he had taken PED's as well as there being numerous other smoke plumes with no "proven" fire.
IMHO Cadel could be a doper. Unless we enter a world with 100% testing control, any performance above normal is going to look suspicious.
But, oh how we (and the commentators) love to see those guys who attack, attack, attack all the time, no matter how brain-dead the strategy usually is unless its done at the right time.

Crankyfeet said:
Me thinks you don't like the guy. Maybe a little prejudiced when casting aspersions.
Remember Boonen said he was the ONLY rider that he was sure wasn't on any juice.
Wheelsucking up mountains is what you'd expect a non-doped rider to do following high-cadence syrup-blooded competitors.
You are absolutly right, I don't like him. In fact, I found this forum by googling "Cadel Evans wheelsucker" (true story).

I actually like Levi, but I will not defend him because I believe him to be a blood doper.

I try to remain consistent in my aspersions regardless of "like"..

I'm glad you didn't take that personally cause it wasn't meant to be. But until we get a pretty fine-meshed net, everyone in this sport that achieves anything is going to be under a cloud. But it aseems the main loop-hole enabling a competitor to cheat without being caught is that the dopers are doing their juice cycles prior to competition. It is then naturally flushed out before the comp (or masked) and they are able to pass competition tests with the juiced benefits of the thickened blood or roided muscles.

If everyone is comprehensively tested year-round (wonder what that would cost??$$$), it would help prevent that happening. Though you could have new-comers joining the tour on doped performances (at semi-pro non-tour level), and then suddenly sucking once the drug teat is removed. How far down the various competition performance levels can the testing program afford to control??

I apologize for yet another soap-box debate on the same old story.

thoughtforfood said:
You are absolutly right, I don't like him. In fact, I found this forum by googling "Cadel Evans wheelsucker" (true story).

I actually like Levi, but I will not defend him because I believe him to be a blood doper.

I try to remain consistent in my aspersions regardless of "like"..

nns1400 said:
Someone did. :rolleyes: This is like left-wing Dems saying Bush isn't "their" president.

That being said, I am looking forward to what Cadel can do next year. Congratulations to an Aussie making the podium. And why didn't VS interview him? He speaks English. They just talked about Contador, interviewed Levi and skipped Cadel. I've never heard the man speak!
hi marge. try this link. unfortunately, they dont archive past interviews. there were some pretty good ones from earlier in the tour, but i am pretty sure cadel is still in there somewhere. but dont say i didnt warn you lol

http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

I don't think Cadel sang bass in the school choir.

Klodifan said:
hi marge. try this link. unfortunately, they dont archive past interviews. there were some pretty good ones from earlier in the tour, but i am pretty sure cadel is still in there somewhere. but dont say i didnt warn you lol

http://www.velonews.com/vntv/

Crankyfeet said:
I'm glad you didn't take that personally cause it wasn't meant to be. But until we get a pretty fine-meshed net, everyone in this sport that achieves anything is going to be under a cloud. But it aseems the main loop-hole enabling a competitor to cheat without being caught is that the dopers are doing their juice cycles prior to competition. It is then naturally flushed out before the comp (or masked) and they are able to pass competition tests with the juiced benefits of the thickened blood or roided muscles.

If everyone is comprehensively tested year-round (wonder what that would cost??$$$), it would help prevent that happening. Though you could have new-comers joining the tour on doped performances (at semi-pro non-tour level), and then suddenly sucking once the drug teat is removed. How far down the various competition performance levels can the testing program afford to control??

I apologize for yet another soap-box debate on the same old story.
No, didn't take it personally at all. You nailed me on the "like" thing for sure, but aside from that, I think he dopes. It really isn't personal towards him.

I do agree with you on the testing thing, which is why I support teams that are trying to do something, like Slipstream and T-Mobile. I believe that sponsors and team managers need to take much of the money burden upon themselves because if they want the results, that is the surest way. Now, will that happen in the climate we unfortunately have following this tour, somehow I think there will be a "market correction" before that happens. But eventually the sponsors will see that the races will go on, and people like me will still watch, and there is money to be made. And I am one that will root on anyone who is willing to take on the full extent of The Hell of the North; I do not care who they are or what is on their kit.