Cadel didn't deserve yellow either.

And I guess I should be honest here and also say that if George Hincape was caught with a needle in his arm, I would still think he is great. I guess having met him once, and hearing the stories from friends who have ridden with him gives me a soft spot that wouldn't harden unless I walked in on him and my wife.....and I would still probably ask for an autograph before I shot him.

thoughtforfood said:
And I guess I should be honest here and also say that if George Hincape was caught with a needle in his arm, I would still think he is great. I guess having met him once, and hearing the stories from friends who have ridden with him gives me a soft spot that wouldn't harden unless I walked in on him and my wife.....and I would still probably ask for an autograph before I shot him.
Nothing wrong with that. Heck, if we're on the premise that almost everyone dopes, I like Hincapie a lot too. A real hard worker and from what I hear a great classics rider. He can pretty much do it all.

Thoughtforfood, you need to post a pic of your wife if you even contemplate George picking her over his existing.

thoughtforfood said:

Crankyfeet said:
Thoughtforfood, you need to post a pic of your wife if you even contemplate George picking her over his existing.
Yea, he did ok for himself didn't he?

Speaking of podium girls, I miss Cipo.

My favorite Cipo quote (actually one of my favorite from anyone) "Not only am I the fastest man in cycling, but I am also the most beautiful."

thoughtforfood said:
My favorite Cipo quote (actually one of my favorite from anyone) "Not only am I the fastest man in cycling, but I am also the most beautiful."
Cipo used caffeine suppositories at 40k to go.

Can you identify your inside role that you were able to obtain this information first-hand? Or was it hearsay?

Doctor.House said:

The caffeine probably had nothing to do with helping his cycling performance. His event started after the finish. It just took about an hour for the suppositories to fully dissolve.

Doctor.House said:

Crankyfeet said:
Can you identify your inside role that you were able to obtain this information first-hand? Or was it hearsay?
he had his head up Cipo's ass.....

Doctor.House said:
c'mon House, you almost had everyone believing in your views, then you expect us to belive that at 40k to go when the sprinters teams were chasing the breakaway, Cipo had time to stick a pill up his ****:eek:

thoughtforfood said:
And Levi has? I know Levi is juiced, but he has never been implicated in anything. And if your argument is that he rides for disco, therefore he is dirty, I would agree....but on Cadel, I would revert to his membership in the T-Mobile dope machine.
You know Levi is juiced???
Really?? Prove it.
You sound so sure so you should be able to back it up then yeah??:rolleyes:

nns1400 said:
Someone did. :rolleyes: This is like left-wing Dems saying Bush isn't "their" president.

Cadel supporters need to go cry in their Fosters.

That being said, I am looking forward to what Cadel can do next year. Congratulations to an Aussie making the podium. And why didn't VS interview him? He speaks English. They just talked about Contador, interviewed Levi and skipped Cadel. I've never heard the man speak!

I'm crying in my double shot flat white. I think Cadel is at his peak, I don't think he can hurt more than in those climbs this year. You'd remember it if you heard him speak. Its one of the reasons given by his supporters for him being clean. Another is the other riders in the peloton who mention his name as a clean rider. eg. Boonen.

Thanks for you comments, nns, you're a rational voice among the Disco fanatics.

Matt888 said:
You know Levi is juiced???
Really?? Prove it.
You sound so sure so you should be able to back it up then yeah??:rolleyes:
Look, you can hide your head in the sand if you want, but I am certain that super-human feats of strength are evidence that someone has enhanced their biological functions. You can deny it if you want, I don't really care. Unfotunately all you are doing is continuing to lead cycling down the road to destruction by supporting the current state of affairs. I just want to be able to enjoy watching cycling again, and with yahoos like the top 3 in this tour producing results that exemplify the term "too good to be true," that is in jeapordy. I love cycling, I just don't drink the Kool-Aid when it comes to hero worship of men like Levi. I think he is probably a nice guy; I thinkhe resorted to doping because it was what he had to do to make a living in the sport he loves; I also know that if the doping culture that exists today continues, professional cycling will die. I really don't want that, but you go right ahead and continue to help is down.

thoughtforfood said:
Look, you can hide your head in the sand if you want, but I am certain that super-human feats of strength are evidence that someone has enhanced their biological functions. You can deny it if you want, I don't really care. Unfotunately all you are doing is continuing to lead cycling down the road to destruction by supporting the current state of affairs. I just want to be able to enjoy watching cycling again, and with yahoos like the top 3 in this tour producing results that exemplify the term "too good to be true," that is in jeapordy. I love cycling, I just don't drink the Kool-Aid when it comes to hero worship of men like Levi. I think he is probably a nice guy; I thinkhe resorted to doping because it was what he had to do to make a living in the sport he loves; I also know that if the doping culture that exists today continues, professional cycling will die. I really don't want that, but you go right ahead and continue to help is down.
I don't have my head in the sand mate. What I do know is that there is no way you can make the statement you made without proof. You said you know. To say that you know something should not leave anyone to beieve that could back it up with some proof. You need to restate that you think they are cheats not that you know, because it seems quite apparent that you do NOT know. It seems fair to me that I could request that you inlighten us all with your obvious knowledge to back up your statement. No?

Trajectum said:
Would be funny if you guys drink Heineken instead. Since we dont drink Heineken, we just export it to the rest of the world :)
Heineken is one of the beers we do drink. Nowadays is made in Australia

thoughtforfood said:
... I am certain that super-human feats of strength are evidence that someone has enhanced their biological functions...
firstly i dont believe cycling is clean yet but i do have hope and i dont crucify anyone who puts in a good ride.

A mate of mine who is a recreational cyclist recently rode across America (PACTour). These guys rode on average 210km per day. they had no rest days, 15% ascents, head winds and 38 (100) degree heat. They completed the same distance as the tour in 14 days and the whole ride was 17 days. when they finished each day they didnt have a masseus on standbay they had to clean their own bike, do their washing and go to the local restaurant for dinner. They road each day for 10-12 hours. My mates training regieme is about 300km a week on group rides which would barely raise his BPM.

Now if he head a team of people behind him, threw in a couple of rest days and trained for an extra 30000km a year i feel it is entirely possible to do any grand tour without drugs. I rode 200km in 9 hours doing only rides to work for training (7km each way). The pros do it in about 7 again if i added 30000km to my training there is no reason i couldnt knock 2-3 hours off, its only a change from 22 to 28km/h.

I am sick of people saying what these pro guys do cant be done. it can and does get done all the time.

forget about the riders, i wanna know how many posters on this forum are doped or dopes??

i'm looking at all the cadel haters. :rolleyes: