cadel evans at vuelta

Bounty Bob

Guest
From cycling news report on stage 19

>Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto) showed a vast amount of experience
>as he struggled to maintain his classification position. The
>Aussie couldn't hold the wheels of the lead group, and lost
>1'22 to an aggressive Carlos Sastre, and slipped from
>second to third overall, but limited his losses enough to
>hold his podium spot.

Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

in 554639 20070922 040528 Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>From cycling news report on stage 19
>
>>Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto) showed a vast amount of experience
>>as he struggled to maintain his classification position. The
>>Aussie couldn't hold the wheels of the lead group, and lost
>>1'22 to an aggressive Carlos Sastre, and slipped from
>>second to third overall, but limited his losses enough to
>>hold his podium spot.

>Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:10:51 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
wrote:

>in 554639 20070922 040528 Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>From cycling news report on stage 19
>>
>>>Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto) showed a vast amount of experience
>>>as he struggled to maintain his classification position. The
>>>Aussie couldn't hold the wheels of the lead group, and lost
>>>1'22 to an aggressive Carlos Sastre, and slipped from
>>>second to third overall, but limited his losses enough to
>>>hold his podium spot.

>>Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

>and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

Right, and the fact that he gets tired does put him in a favorable
light when it comes to what is killing pro cycling, i.e. doping !

Keith wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:10:51 GMT, Bob Martin <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> in 554639 20070922 040528 Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >From cycling news report on stage 19
>>>
>>> Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

>> and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

> Right, and the fact that he gets tired does put him in a favorable
> light when it comes to what is killing pro cycling, i.e. doping !

Weakness is Strength

- Ben Orwell

Bob Martin wrote:
> in 554639 20070922 040528 Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>From cycling news report on stage 19
>>> Cadel Evans (Predictor-Lotto) showed a vast amount of experience
>>> as he struggled to maintain his classification position. The
>>> Aussie couldn't hold the wheels of the lead group, and lost
>>> 1'22 to an aggressive Carlos Sastre, and slipped from
>>> second to third overall, but limited his losses enough to
>>> hold his podium spot.

>> Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

> and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

Well there you go, he put that experience in the mountains
to work in the time trial!

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:30:05 +1000, Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob Martin wrote:
>> in 554639 20070922 040528 Bounty Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>From cycling news report on stage 19

>>> Yes he's very experienced at losing times on climbs.

>> and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

> Well there you go, he put that experience in the mountains
>to work in the time trial!

Guys...he's just tired !

>>Bob Martin wrote:

>>> and getting it back on time-trials. See what happens this afternoon.

>> Well there you go, he put that experience in the mountains
>>to work in the time trial!

> Guys...he's just tired !

No he's not. He's making a strategic play to attack from the rear, by
proving (in losing) that he's not doping. He's probably scared out of his
mind that, if he has too good a day, people will suspect him!

So how does one definitively lose (to prove a point) and yet win the race
overall?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

In article <[email protected]>,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Well there you go, he put that experience in the mountains
> >>to work in the time trial!

> > Guys...he's just tired !

> No he's not. He's making a strategic play to attack from the rear, by
> proving (in losing) that he's not doping. He's probably scared out of his
> mind that, if he has too good a day, people will suspect him!
>
> So how does one definitively lose (to prove a point) and yet win the race
> overall?

Finish below the Millar Line.