Cadel Evans Interview - 100% certain he is clean

nitrous

Oct 25, 2004
Cadel was interviewed on Aus TV by Andrew Denton last night. Most of the interview was pretty **** with Denton more interested in how cyclists take a **** at 40kph and about Predictor being a pregnancy testing company... BUT when talk turned to doping, Cadel (and his mother) was so convincing and articulate, didn't dodge the questions, made it as clear as day that he is clean and knows that others are not. That, to me, is not consistent with those that are doping who prefer to dodge the subject and try to convince us that there is no doping in the peleton...

If someone is able to find a digital copy of the interview, please post it here. I looked on YouTube but nothing yet.....

nitrous said:
Cadel was interviewed on Aus TV by Andrew Denton last night. Most of the interview was pretty **** with Denton more interested in how cyclists take a **** at 40kph and about Predictor being a pregnancy testing company... BUT when talk turned to doping, Cadel (and his mother) was so convincing and articulate, didn't dodge the questions, made it as clear as day that he is clean and knows that others are not. That, to me, is not consistent with those that are doping who prefer to dodge the subject and try to convince us that there is no doping in the peleton...

If someone is able to find a digital copy of the interview, please post it here. I looked on YouTube but nothing yet.....

....so the guy gives an interview with his dear mommy and he was exceptionally articulate so that makes him "100% clean"? Come on man, you're not really so naive are you? As an example, LA is probably more convincing and straight forward in interviews but are you "100%" sure he's clean too? What the interview with Evans (and mommy) prove is that fans will always believe what their heroes say unquestioningly. Also, Evans has a great career ahead of him in PR and marketing.

PS: Apologies for picking on LA and doping again but you know.....trying to keep consistent with this forum's prevailing thought.

nitrous said:
There should be a copy up soon as I know a guy who has a copy of it an said he'll bung it up on youtube shortly.

So, are you saying that you think the entire peleton is doping? Or that it is not possible to finish high up the table without it?

My comments were a small excerpt of the interview, the whole package was convincing, I hope to find a copy online that I can link to from here.

Fact - Cadel Evans has the highest recorded VO2 Max at the Australian Institute of Sport. His power output over 30 minutes exceeds 400 watts, also one of the highest on AIS records for a cyclist of his size and weight.

If you're not Australian you won't understand that the Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on.

It will be really easy for you doubters to counter my arguments here, but let me say that I am up for any challenge that anyone can throw at me. Cadel is clean and will never ever be proven otherwise.

SaintAndrew said:
what is cadel's vo2 max? lemond's was 95 and he couldn't even place when epo blew up.
And with his phenomenal VO2MAX, the best power output Lemond could achieve was in the low 300's. It was around the time that EPO became prevalent that cyclists started demonstarting 400W+ power outputs and guys like Lemond got blown away. If Cadel is really able to sustain 400W average power, then I would be very suspicious that he's doping. As cynical as it may be, I'm afraid that every contingent of hero worshipers is in for a big letdown sooner or later when their admiration for a given rider blinds them to hard numerical and physiological reality.

nitrous said:
If you're not Australian you won't understand that the Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on..
i think your looking at aussies thru rose coloured glasses.
their just as ambitious and cheating as everyone else.

nitrous said:

Cyclists are not just great cheaters, they are also phenomenal liars.

tcklyde said:
Cyclists are not just great cheaters, they are also phenomenal liars.
Cynical fans are not just great inventors of conspiracy theories, they are also phenomenal discounters of natural ability.

More from the interview - as published on CyclingNews today"

"I think [cheating is] human nature. It's not just the Tour de France. It's not just sport. It's the world as a whole. People will always look for an easier way, or ways to gain more or profit more from a situation. I can't change the world as a whole, but I can do my best and what I believe is right and I [will] continue doing that."

Tech72 said:
....so the guy gives an interview with his dear mommy and he was exceptionally articulate so that makes him "100% clean"? Come on man, you're not really so naive are you? As an example, LA is probably more convincing and straight forward in interviews but are you "100%" sure he's clean too? What the interview with Evans (and mommy) prove is that fans will always believe what their heroes say unquestioningly. Also, Evans has a great career ahead of him in PR and marketing.

PS: Apologies for picking on LA and doping again but you know.....trying to keep consistent with this forum's prevailing thought.
I hope Cadel goes on wins a couple of Tours, because Cadel 'Squeak' Evans sure in hell hasn't got any future in marketing or PR.
I saw the interview and the guy certainly is believable, he comes across as genuine and a nice bloke.

But does he dope? I have no idea.

nitrous said:
Cynical fans are not just great inventors of conspiracy theories, they are also phenomenal discounters of natural ability.
Nothing like blind nationalism. How refreshing.

fscyclist said:
Nothing like blind nationalism. How refreshing.
Don't get me started with blind nationalism. I live in Aus and in many ways am happy that I do but we are far from the greatest nation in the world, which I am happy to admit, unlike some in other countries. We have many problems and are doing many bad things to others, our own country, the environment, human rights, indiginous people.

I'm am far from a blind nationalist and my patriotism is certainly a hell of a lot less than it used to be. I don;t think I am the minority either.

BUT - I do recognise talent.

Tech72 said:
... As an example, LA is probably more convincing and straight forward in interviews but are you "100%" sure he's clean too?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA very very convincing... have you ever seen or read an LA interview? If you had, you would understand why (at least in Europe) everybody is so bloody convinced he doped.

nitrous said:
Don't get me started with blind nationalism. I live in Aus and in many ways am happy that I do but we are far from the greatest nation in the world, which I am happy to admit, unlike some in other countries. We have many problems and are doing many bad things to others, our own country, the environment, human rights, indiginous people.

I'm am far from a blind nationalist and my patriotism is certainly a hell of a lot less than it used to be. I don;t think I am the minority either.

BUT - I do recognise talent.
Love an arrogant aussie - our country is better because we have the sun......

.....well after Basso told the world that "my mother died of cancer and I would never cheat because I saw her die" I can firmly say wheeling your mother out for TV interviews does nothing to make me believe a cyclist doesn't dope..........

I like
Denton thou... he's interview with Glenn McGrath a couple of years ago is stirring... his wife had(has) cancer..... better than any Armstrong book I've read....

Texans are tougher, Aussies are battlers, Thais make great hookers. It's all the same pitiful, international, stereotyping horseshit.
Cue howls of outrage from prolific users of call girls.

I remember Shane Warne wheeling out his old Mum to exonerate him from PED use. That was funny, too. Hysterical, in fact-these battling Aussies just kill you.
whiteboytrash said:
Love an arrogant aussie - our country is better because we have the sun......

.....well after Basso told the world that "my mother died of cancer and I would never cheat because I saw her die" I firmly can saying wheeling your mother out for TV interviews does nothing to make me believe a cyclist doesn't dope..........

I like
Denton thou... he's interview with Glenn McGrath a couple of years ago is stirring... his wife had(has) cancer..... better than any Armstrong book I've read....

Gregers said:
I remember Shane Warne wheeling out his old Mum to exonerate him from PED use. That was funny, too. Hysterical, in fact-these battling Aussies just kill you.
I do remember that ! Warney famous for smokin, drinking and pulling girls half his age (when married) drops about 80kg in 3 weeks, gets busted for diuretic use then claims his mother gave it to him ! LOL !

nitrous said:
So, are you saying that you think the entire peleton is doping? Or that it is not possible to finish high up the table without it?

My comments were a small excerpt of the interview, the whole package was convincing, I hope to find a copy online that I can link to from here.

Fact - Cadel Evans has the highest recorded VO2 Max at the Australian Institute of Sport. His power output over 30 minutes exceeds 400 watts, also one of the highest on AIS records for a cyclist of his size and weight.

If you're not Australian you won't understand that the Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on.

It will be really easy for you doubters to counter my arguments here, but let me say that I am up for any challenge that anyone can throw at me. Cadel is clean and will never ever be proven otherwise.
classic, you gotta fill this guy in.