Cadel Evans Interview - 100% certain he is clean

fbircher said:
And with his phenomenal VO2MAX, the best power output Lemond could achieve was in the low 300's. It was around the time that EPO became prevalent that cyclists started demonstarting 400W+ power outputs and guys like Lemond got blown away. If Cadel is really able to sustain 400W average power, then I would be very suspicious that he's doping. As cynical as it may be, I'm afraid that every contingent of hero worshipers is in for a big letdown sooner or later when their admiration for a given rider blinds them to hard numerical and physiological reality.
wrong, Lemond was around 400 or 390 on the finishing climbs in the Tour. Would not be surprised if he was a few percent higher when fresh in the lab.

thunder said:
classic, you gotta fill this guy in.
Yes aussies don't dope.... well unless if we forget about the Mark French cycling drug scandal that engulfed the AIS 2 years ago... Come on what’s a IV drip between friends ? Matt Barber who was providing Dean Capobianco and other with steroids was a long time coach at the AIS…… he learnt his trade from the East Germans who the aussie also like to hire to be coaches at the AIS……

back to Cadel..... he learnt his trade at Mapai..... who also have links with the AIS and if you didn't dope at Mapei then you must have been the cook.....

whiteboytrash said:
Yes aussies don't dope.... well unless if we forget about the Mark French cycling drug scandal that engulfed the AIS 2 years ago... Come on what’s a IV drip between friends ? Matt Barber who was providing Dean Capobianco and other with steroids was a long time coach at the AIS…… he learnt his trade from the East Germans who the aussie also like to hire to be coaches at the AIS……

back to Cadel..... he learnt his trade at Mapai..... who also have links with the AIS and if you didn't dope at Mapei then you must have been the cook.....
I think the Mapei lab are clean WBT.

Mapei sportscentre, and Mapei tradeteam were separate entities I do believe, though with a close relationship.

Evans has had a long term relationship with his coach Aldo Sassi or the Mapei sportscentre for a long time, stemming from 2002 at the minimum.

Cyclingheroes has said, Evans confirmed to him he had a relationship with Ferrari around the time of Telekom. But I was of the opinion, Armstrong had Ferrari on an exclusive arrangement, with the exception of his teammates.

Go figure.

Really murky. But thing is, do not believe any pro cyclist when they issue a denial. It aint worth the air it was issued on.

But Cadel rode for Mapei ! in Europe ! and Saceo and Telekom..... you'd only need to add Festina and USPS to that list to have the top 5 drug teams of all time and Cadel rode with 3 of them !

thunder said:
I think the Mapei lab are clean WBT.

Mapei sportscentre, and Mapei tradeteam were separate entities I do believe, though with a close relationship.

Evans has had a long term relationship with his coach Aldo Sassi or the Mapei sportscentre for a long time, stemming from 2002 at the minimum.

whiteboytrash said:
But Cadel rode for Mapei ! in Europe ! and Saceo and Telekom..... you'd only need to add Festina and USPS to that list to have the top 5 drug teams of all time and Cadel rode with 3 of them !

worst teams,

ONCE/Liberty Seguros/Wurth
Banesto/Illes Balears/Caisse d'Epargne
Astana
USPS/Discovery
Euskaltel Euskadi
Telekom/T-mobile
Saunier Duval
CSC
Festina
Rabobank

plenty of dirty teams. He was really not part of Saeco, he just used them for a few races when riding with Volvo Cannondale.

Mapei, yes, they have had a program there.

If Evans was submitting to Doctor Lothar Heinrich, and just putting his arm out like Jaksche, I dont know how he could have been free from implication in that team.

I am not defending Evans, he does himself no favouts spewing the omerta line "the tests work, the UCI is doing a good job catching the cheats".

That just protects the status quo, which in my view, means he has some vested interest in the peloton status as it is now.

With the Omerta, you cannot just shoot from the mouth, but you can talk in code, and there is no need to praise the UCI. Ofcourse, you should not make a rod for your own back, because you might need the UCI to be in your corner in the future, but you do not sumbit yourself to venal platitudes.

thunder said:
classic, you gotta fill this guy in.
headUpAss.jpg

So is my head so far up my ass that I wrong to believe it is possible for anyone to be competitive without doping? Just wondering.

From what I've read, your rectal-cranial bond is unbreakable.

nitrous said:
So is my head so far up my ass that I wrong to believe it is possible for anyone to be competitive without doping? Just wondering.

Yer the OP is going a bit over the top. I am an aussie and I love cadel, I watched the interview with denton and yes Cadel was very "convincing".

But the fact he is australian and says he is not a drug cheat doesnt mean he is 100% without a doubt absolutely clean!!!

Australian's have there head in the sand with drugs...Look at the AFL's drug policy!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

I believe he is clean as there hasn't been a skerrick of evidence to suggest otherwise. His rise to form also seems quite "believable" considering his massive talent.

btw Im pretty sure brett aitken and will walker have had much higher vo2max then even cadel.

thunder said:
worst teams,

ONCE/Liberty Seguros/Wurth
Banesto/Illes Balears/Caisse d'Epargne
Astana
USPS/Discovery
Euskaltel Euskadi
Telekom/T-mobile
Saunier Duval
CSC
Festina
Rabobank
Most of the teams who rode in the 90's are worse than many of those.

Also how is CSC worse than teams like Liquigas, Lampre, Milram or Relax who still have known dopers riding for them?

nitrous said:
Thats not what I reckon you have your head up your blurter about. No, you are deluded that Aussies are any better (or worse for that matter) than any other nationality when it comes to doping, cheating, win at all costs.

I'll go back to your comments

nitrous said:
If you're not Australian you won't understand that the Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on.

This is demonstrably incorrect. Kids turn into adults. Aussies cheat - just like anyone else.

A number of people on this forum also seem to think that doper = ********. Incorrect. I know plenty of blokes that have doped. Some were definitely arseholes. Others, it so happens, are great blokes. Without casting aspersions on any particular rider, just because someone comes across as a nice guy doesn't mean he's never had a dabble.

Nitrous, you have no idea how ridiculous you sound talking about clean TDF podium cyclist and Cadel's physical abilities and, as you said: "Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on."
Do you believe in Santa too?

I was watching Kevin Trudeau this morning selling a book on a cure to weight loss. A 100% cure and he went through how it's affected him and he is also articulate and convincing. And 100% lying. He is a filthy scumbag liar. He is one of many who can lie very well. There are people like that.

nitrous said:

Never say, never.

Nothing wrong with supporting your man : but it might be prudent to view all professional cyclists with a sceptical eye when it comes to doping.

As our old friend The Doctor used to say (frequently) 'nice guys also dope'.