Cadel Evans Interview - 100% certain he is clean

nitrous said:
So is my head so far up my ass that I wrong to believe it is possible for anyone to be competitive without doping? Just wondering.
Nitrous, I think we all understand wanting to believe that our rider is clean irrespective of who that is. There are still plenty of people who believe that LA walked on water and **** gold bricks, and they may never be convinced. But to answer your question, yes, you are wrong to believe that a non-doping cyclist can compete with one who dopes. The human body, unaided, is incapable of producing the physiological abilities of a person who has enhanced their ability to supply oxygen to their muscles through artificial means. Past that, the ability of those same riders to aid their recovery through artificial means creates an even greater imbalance. There is simply no way.

thunder said:
wrong, Lemond was around 400 or 390 on the finishing climbs in the Tour. Would not be surprised if he was a few percent higher when fresh in the lab.
400W sustained power? 'd love to see the source of your data on this point. It directly contradicts what Lemond has said in recorded interviews, and unlike the many false statements cyclists have been known to make, this one is easy to refute or verify. It would surprise me if Lemond were willing to go on record with statements about power levels that could be incontrovertably refuted - statements that are at the very core of his assertions about doping. BTW, if he was producing the same power as the doped riders around him, why was he getting blown away by those guys?

thunder said:
wrong, Lemond was around 400 or 390 on the finishing climbs in the Tour. Would not be surprised if he was a few percent higher when fresh in the lab.
I went back and reviewed one of the Lemond interviews. You are correct. he refers to power levels in the upper 300's as the upper limit for a non-doped, front-of-the-pack GT contender. 400W is the level that he believes can't be surpassed without doping. He also stated that this number should be expected to decrease over the course of a three week event. So if the figure cited for Cadel earlier in this thread is correct, that puts him right on the edge of what's possible without chemical assistance (in Lemond's view).

Trev_S said:
here it is

You can find the interview at the following.
Enough Rope Interview - MP4
or on Windows Media Player format
When I first got interested in pro cycling, it was that last year Tyler Hamilton abandoned the Tour, when his dumb dog died. After that he got busted for doping. I didn't know much, and his televised interviews with his wife were the most earnest, believable performances I have ever seen. I totally believed him. And Lance, don't even go there! He's an American hero. Of course the French hate him -- he's the best.

Fast forward to reading up on a few facts, and honestly, it does not take long to see what liars these people are. None of that Dr. Phil "how to tell if someone's lying" shifty-eyed, foot-tapping stuff. No. They put politicians to shame. Michael Jackson should take notes. Defense attorneys should watch closely.

Any lingering doubts I had (not about the chimera - that was too much) were completely washed away by OP. "Not failing a test" no longer meant beans after that. Sorry, Cadel believers, but one day your bubble will burst.

Still love watching cycling though! :)

nitrous said:
Cadel was interviewed on Aus TV by Andrew Denton last night. Most of the interview was pretty **** with Denton more interested in how cyclists take a **** at 40kph and about Predictor being a pregnancy testing company... BUT when talk turned to doping, Cadel (and his mother) was so convincing and articulate, didn't dodge the questions, made it as clear as day that he is clean and knows that others are not. That, to me, is not consistent with those that are doping who prefer to dodge the subject and try to convince us that there is no doping in the peleton...

If someone is able to find a digital copy of the interview, please post it here. I looked on YouTube but nothing yet.....
Tyler Hamilton videos trained Cadel well.

fbircher said:
400W sustained power? 'd love to see the source of your data on this point. It directly contradicts what Lemond has said in recorded interviews, and unlike the many false statements cyclists have been known to make, this one is easy to refute or verify. It would surprise me if Lemond were willing to go on record with statements about power levels that could be incontrovertably refuted - statements that are at the very core of his assertions about doping. BTW, if he was producing the same power as the doped riders around him, why was he getting blown away by those guys?

I think generally that is 30 min max power.

Apart from 55 km tts, when do cyclists need to hold threshold at 400 plus watts for an hour? Liege is up and down, the descents dont require that, Flanders is not in the wind for over an hour on your own.

Only those 20 km long finishing climbs in the GT's that approach those requirements.

But you looked to have got your info, so we are cool I expect.

Though you cant put out as many watts in the tt position, Wiggins and Mcgee who are both around 73 kgs, report about 520/530 for the 4 km pursuit.

Think Mcgee's threshold power is about 390. That is clean. About the only one Millar swears too, and Millar is a de facto Australian with his links to the country.

Mcgee, Wiggins, Lovqvist, Hushovd, Casar, Voeckler, Pineu, Moncoutie. Alot of the other young French guys.

Andrija said:
Nitrous, you have no idea how ridiculous you sound talking about clean TDF podium cyclist and Cadel's physical abilities and, as you said: "Aussie battler attitude of doing the best you can, winning is not important, it's how you play the game and playing by the rules (sportsmanship) is instilled in kids from very early on."
Do you believe in Santa too?
Share some of your beliefs!!!! Why does Nitrous sound rediculus?? I agree with what Nitrous is saying. I believe Cadel is clean, why is it that just because someone is good at something they are instantly classed as cheaters. Is Tiger woods on drugs? Is Rodger Federer on Drugs? Is Valentino Rossi on drugs? How about Michellie Jones, Or Chris Mckormac are all these people on drugs, just because there good at what they do???? Acording to a percentage of people on this site they probably are. But maybe it's tall poppy syndrome, jsut because these people are better than them, they have to try and bring them down.

Scotttri said:
Share some of your beliefs!!!! Why does Nitrous sound rediculus?? I agree with what Nitrous is saying. I believe Cadel is clean, why is it that just because someone is good at something they are instantly classed as cheaters. Is Tiger woods on drugs? Is Rodger Federer on Drugs? Is Valentino Rossi on drugs? How about Michellie Jones, Or Chris Mckormac are all these people on drugs, just because there good at what they do???? Acording to a percentage of people on this site they probably are. But maybe it's tall poppy syndrome, jsut because these people are better than them, they have to try and bring them down.
its actually a better knowledge of the sport Scottri.

You have to explain away many things, one of not least, is why riders from the EPO era onwards can suddenly climb over 420 watts, when in the Lemond era, it was not possible to hit 400 on the finishing climb.

There are myriad of facts that create a picture.

Another thing that could point to Cadel being a doper is the dyed hair. As ridiculous as it sounds, all the other riders who dyed their hair white were dopers: Millar, Vandenbroucke, Rebellin, Manzano, Di Luca, Virenque, Frigo, Gaumont, Hondo, Roux, Sacchi and maybe some others.

mecadelvg9.jpg

Scotttri said:
So, you believe in Santa too...
These champions you've mentioned are better and more talented than others, no question about that. But it's ridiculous to write something like Nitrous did with experience of past, let's say, 11 years and especially this year (last too).
They are more gifted (Cadel too), but it's ridiculous to say someone is clean in modern sport and be so convinced in that only because he and his mother said so... They all do drugs. How strict are doping controls in tennis, football...? I don't even want to quote again his lines about Aussie way of training, life attitude, etc.. That's very immature thinking.

Bald head is a doper give away too!

Balco Barry Bald
Cal Ripken bald
Horner bald
Riis bald
Pantani bald

thecyclist said:
Another thing that could point to Cadel being a doper is the dyed hair. As ridiculous as it sounds, all the other riders who dyed their hair white were dopers: Millar, Vandenbroucke, Rebellin, Manzano, Di Luca, Virenque, Frigo, Gaumont, Hondo, Roux, Sacchi and maybe some others.

mecadelvg9.jpg

welk said:
Is that chart assuming all riders are the same weight?
Yes : 70kg + 8kg for bike...
Portoleau is making the same measurement every years so it's fine for comparaison.

Doctor.House said:

Balco Barry Bald
Cal Ripken bald
Horner bald
Riis bald
Pantani bald
And former users like........ummmm......Me :D

Doctor.House said:

Balco Barry Bald
Cal Ripken bald
Horner bald
Riis bald
Pantani bald
What about Levi?

What drugs would make some one lose their hair or dye their hair?

thecyclist said:
What about Levi?

What drugs would make some one lose their hair or dye their hair?
I know someone addicted to Red Bull, and his hair started falling out in chunks! And he's 20 years old.

I was thinking about something Helmut said one day about HGH repairing skin (making me wish for some) and a TdF interview with Levi after one of the stages. I thought, damn he has some smoooth looking skin for someone who spends all his time outdoors. No hair, but baby skin. Hmmmm. I spend a lot of time outdoors, and my skin didn't look like that when I was 25 years old. Now I'm 40 and I don't EVEN want to talk about it.