Cadel Evans Interview - 100% certain he is clean

fscyclist said:
You have an established 'belief' not based in any fact or evidence to which you are bound. No one will change your mind.
Innocent until prooven guilty my friend. As I said, not for me to provide evidence.

My father always said not to argue with a moron. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So, on that note. I'm out. See you pack of cynical crunts on the flipside.

Oh - that golf thing... http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-britishopen-drugs&prov=ap&type=lgns

I suppose, going by your mentality, that means that all golfers are now officially on steroids.

Nitrous has left the forum!

nitrous said:
Innocent until prooven guilty my friend. As I said, not for me to provide evidence.

My father always said not to argue with a moron. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So, on that note. I'm out. See you pack of cynical crunts on the flipside.

Oh - that golf thing... http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-britishopen-drugs&prov=ap&type=lgns

I suppose, going by your mentality, that means that all golfers are now officially on steroids.

Nitrous has left the forum!
Thanks for the article confirming that the PGA doesn't drug test. See ya.

FS v. NIT - And the winner is...draw

Both have points. It's obvious doping is huge as cyclists have been getting caught red-handed, admitting, etc. for years. But it's also apparant that there is a "guilty until proven innocent" theme which I guess I don't understand. Look what that type of thinking did to Petacchi a couple months ago. He got kicked out of race and totally screwed for nothing. Or even Ras in this year's tour. Yes he got booted for "breaking a team rule" but that's ********. He got booted because the public thought he was doping during that "breaking of the team rule." You think if he was caught boozin' after curfew with a couple of hookers (I'm assuming that would be breaking a team rule) he would have been kicked out of the tour? I don't think so. That cost him millions probably! Without a positive!! Un-freaking-believable!! And finally Lance. He has spent three lifetimes wearing yellow, being tested and having to defend the negative results of those tests. Yes, defend the negative results which sounds bizarre.

So for every Riis, Virenque, and Millar there are squeeky clean cyclists like Petacchi, Ras, and Lance.

nitrous said:
What about if 1/2 of the "top end" only got that way through using PED's. The were at the start of their career, decided they couldn't do it without PED's as they were always getting beaten by guys who were (20%) better than them.

Is it safe to argue (I think it may be as there is no evidence supporting the contrary) that in light of this it is actually possible for clean riders to be competitive?
I read on a search of blood doping, that by doing so can give you up to 20% more red blood cells. I think that is where that 20% figure is coming from.

I don't think it's a case of making one person 20% better.
(I don't know how much better)

nitrous said:
As I said, not for me to provide evidence.
Nitrous-the new Saluki. Even resorts to the same feeble insults when he doesn't like the answers to his blind faith assertions. Has he also just done a Saluki style flounce?

jsull14 said:
there are squeeky clean cyclists like Petacchi, Ras, and Lance.
Not necessarily the best possible examples. You 'might' have pulled it off if you had used say, Caritoux, Mottet and Bassons, but you've really lost your way with this improbable trio. Unless, of course, you are using them parodically.

nitrous said:
If your argument holds true in Cycling, then it must also hold true in all other sports. I'm sure there are dirty swimmers, sprinters, horses, soccer players...
Bingo.

Gregers said:
You 'might' have pulled it off if you had used say, Caritoux, Mottet
Who are these Cat 2s?

Gregers said:
you've really lost your way with this improbable trio.
Just show me the positives. Please show me 22 positives for Lance, one for each Tour stage he won in his career.

So, in your myopic, Armstrongcentric view, Grand Tour and multiple National Champions are considered to be Cat 2s. Your obvious lack of perspective and ignorance of anything that happened before 1999 betrays the fact that you are not well equiped to argue anything of significance about cycling. Stick to collecting yellow wristbands.

QUOTE=jsull14]Who are these Cat 2s?

Just show me the positives. Please show me 22 positives for Lance, one for each Tour stage he won in his career.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...Has anyone noticed Tiger's bigger muscles lately? He is ripped like never before...... maybe Nike does have a secret lab hidden in one of those sweat shops....MAYBE ON THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU !!!!!!!!1

Horses, I know something about.

There was a real problem doping racehorses about 20 years ago. As I recall, butte and lasix were the most commonly used drugs. The industry got serious, and cracked down on it. Unlike cycling, they did it early and did it quietly, so that bad publicity didn't destroy the industry's credibility.

It's a pity that the cycling powers couldn't completely emulate that example. Right now, they acting like just the hindquarters.

Gregers said:
So, in your myopic, Armstrongcentric view, Grand Tour and multiple National Champions are considered to be Cat 2s. Your obvious lack of perspective and ignorance of anything that happened before 1999 betrays the fact that you are not well equiped to argue anything of significance about cycling. Stick to collecting yellow wristbands.

QUOTE=jsull14]Who are these Cat 2s?

Just show me the positives. Please show me 22 positives for Lance, one for each Tour stage he won in his career.
OK. You’re right. Lance is no Bradley Wiggins, David Millar, or even the newly-anointed patrone of the gruppetto Mark Cavendish.

Your head is not in the center of the UK. It is in the center of your ass!

JohnO said:
Horses, I know something about.

There was a real problem doping racehorses about 20 years ago. As I recall, butte and lasix were the most commonly used drugs. The industry got serious, and cracked down on it. Unlike cycling, they did it early and did it quietly, so that bad publicity didn't destroy the industry's credibility.

It's a pity that the cycling powers couldn't completely emulate that example. Right now, they acting like just the hindquarters.

Are you saying the problem with PEDs in racehorses is over? There wouldn't be a week goes by that a vet I know quite well isn't asked for testosterone mimics and stimulants. Not to mention the widespread use of epo.

There are many parallels between doping in horse racing and cycling.

mitosis said:
Are you saying the problem with PEDs in racehorses is over? There wouldn't be a week goes by that a vet I know quite well isn't asked for testosterone mimics and stimulants. Not to mention the widespread use of epo.

There are many parallels between doping in horse racing and cycling.
JohnnyO never heard of the 2006 Kentucky Derby, gambling, fixed races, doping and a dead pony named Barbaro.

Lost in Fog died too.

Horse racing is worse than the Pro Tour (higher mortality rate)----and that's saying someting.

If Marco Pantani were a horse----he would be ordinary.

No_Positives said:
OK. You’re right. Lance is no Bradley Wiggins, David Millar, or even the newly-anointed patrone of the gruppetto Mark Cavendish.

Your head is not in the center of the UK. It is in the center of your ass!
Seek help, Fanboy, your neurons are badly mis-firing. You seem compelled to project your own failing of rabid fan worship onto me. You may be inordinately biased in favour of someone, but you are deluding yourself in trying to attribute the same fault of national worship to me.
In terms of doping the Brits are guilty in roughly the same proportion as the rest of the World. In terms of hypocrisy, we are often at the fore-front. A bit like you really.

jsull14 said:
There are 6 stored in a French fridge. Please note Lance never denied they weren't positive. On Larry King Live 25th Aug 2005

"...COSTAS: Don't you have, or shouldn't you have copies of the records from every time you were tested during the Tour? And if there was any manipulation of the numbers, since they match the numbers to the samples, shouldn't you be able to produce your records and say, wait a second, these numbers don't sink up? ARMSTRONG: Yes. You get a carbon copy of the test results or the test form that day. I wouldn't have them from 1999. But that's not what was manipulated. What was manipulated was the urine. What was put in the urine? Who was there when -- I don't think the papers were manipulated.

COSTAS: So again, for those who may not be clear on this, you are flatly saying, regardless of the fact that you have criticisms of the protocol, even if the protocol was correct, there's no way they could have found...

ARMSTRONG: Listen...

COSTAS: EPO in your urine because you're flatly saying you never used it?

ARMSTRONG: When I peed in that bottle, there wasn't EPO in it. No way..."

So, even Armstrong admits the tests were positive. Got it? He's just saying that, whatever was put into it, was not his...

If you're relying on only positives to accuse someone, then remember Virenque never tested positive, neither did Millar, Andreu, Moreau, etc

Have a nice day

jsull14 said:
Who are these Cat 2s?
- Eric Caritoux, ***********, that was a climber. And he was clean when he won his mountain stages, and beat the sh.t out of the other dopers. But he was clever too. He knew he could just do it once (maybe twice) in a Grand Tour.

- Bassons was a fantastic amateur rider, but totally lost it with the Pros, because he refused to dope. Because Bassons was too loud in telling the press that after the Festina affair doping was still around everywhere, he got kicked out of cycling by the doping mafia, LA first.
Bassons said (on court during Festina affair): "In 1999 during a stage, Armstrong came to me and told me I was doing a lot of harm to cycling,” said Bassons. “He (Armstrong) told me I had better go home.” Armstrong said about Bassons (L'Equipe, 17th July 1999):"His accusations are not good for cycling, for his team, for me or anybody else. If he thinks cycling works this way, he is wrong and it's better for him to stay at home."

Sorry guys, couldn't resist... if you want, I can also talk about "cat2" Moncoutié, who won 2 stages in the Tour clean.

adamastor said:
- Eric Caritoux, ***********, that was a climber. And he was clean when he won his mountain stages, and beat the sh.t out of the other dopers. But he was clever too. He knew he could just do it once (maybe twice) in a Grand Tour.

- Bassons was a fantastic amateur rider, but totally lost it with the Pros, because he refused to dope. Because Bassons was too loud in telling the press that after the Festina affair doping was still around everywhere, he got kicked out of cycling by the doping mafia, LA first.
Bassons said (on court during Festina affair): "In 1999 during a stage, Armstrong came to me and told me I was doing a lot of harm to cycling,” said Bassons. “He (Armstrong) told me I had better go home.” Armstrong said about Bassons (L'Equipe, 17th July 1999):"His accusations are not good for cycling, for his team, for me or anybody else. If he thinks cycling works this way, he is wrong and it's better for him to stay at home."

Sorry guys, couldn't resist... if you want, I can also talk about "cat2" Moncoutié, who won 2 stages in the Tour clean.
Moncoutie was 13th? in 2001? 0r 2002?

Must be the best result in the Tour de France ever in the EPO/blood boosting era, by a clean rider.

Everyone clean, Moncoutie would be on the podium every year. Phenomenal rider.

Mcgee would be top 5 and perhaps on the podium. Without the recovery drugs, and blood boosting, who knows where Armstrong would be.

Everyone assumes Ullrich would be, because he was at 23, but he was doping when he was young. So who knows how that aided his recovery. Some guys cannot recover without their meds.

When everyone uses drugs---and everyone is a cheating and lying.

Some dope more or with better methods or research drugs. EPO is as standard as is air into the tyres--, EPO or punctures have little effect on the outcome in this day of medical care and quick wheel changes.

EPO was old hat by 1996.

Pharmstrong & Discovery had a better doping program than did Jan Ulrich T-Mobile and Predicter Lotto and Cadel Evans.

thunder said:
Moncoutie was 13th? in 2001? 0r 2002?

Must be the best result in the Tour de France ever in the EPO/blood boosting era, by a clean rider.

Everyone clean, Moncoutie would be on the podium every year. Phenomenal rider.

Mcgee would be top 5 and perhaps on the podium. Without the recovery drugs, and blood boosting, who knows where Armstrong would be.

Everyone assumes Ullrich would be, because he was at 23, but he was doping when he was young. So who knows how that aided his recovery. Some guys cannot recover without their meds.

adamastor said:
There are 6 stored in a French fridge. Please note Lance never denied they weren't positive. On Larry King Live 25th Aug 2005

"...COSTAS: Don't you have, or shouldn't you have copies of the records from every time you were tested during the Tour? And if there was any manipulation of the numbers, since they match the numbers to the samples, shouldn't you be able to produce your records and say, wait a second, these numbers don't sink up? ARMSTRONG: Yes. You get a carbon copy of the test results or the test form that day. I wouldn't have them from 1999. But that's not what was manipulated. What was manipulated was the urine. What was put in the urine? Who was there when -- I don't think the papers were manipulated.

COSTAS: So again, for those who may not be clear on this, you are flatly saying, regardless of the fact that you have criticisms of the protocol, even if the protocol was correct, there's no way they could have found...

ARMSTRONG: Listen...

COSTAS: EPO in your urine because you're flatly saying you never used it?

ARMSTRONG: When I peed in that bottle, there wasn't EPO in it. No way..."

So, even Armstrong admits the tests were positive. Got it? He's just saying that, whatever was put into it, was not his...

If you're relying on only positives to accuse someone, then remember Virenque never tested positive, neither did Millar, Andreu, Moreau, etc

Have a nice day
Knock Knock. Earth to dumbass. Let me help you, Lance, and Costas out here. There was no test. Someone just made up a report showing a positive. Why would the lab go through the trouble of putting EPO in a vial of urine when they control the entire process. They could spill pee all over the floor. So instead they just come out and say it's positive and they are home free. **** Pound surely isn't going to question them. What other labs tested this sample? Any US labs? I would never take the word of this corrupt French lab. The French hate Lance and I'm sure the lab technicians hate Lance too.