Cadel Evans Interview - 100% certain he is clean

thunder said:
Moncoutie was 13th? in 2001? 0r 2002?

Must be the best result in the Tour de France ever in the EPO/blood boosting era, by a clean rider.

Everyone clean, Moncoutie would be on the podium every year. Phenomenal rider.

Mcgee would be top 5 and perhaps on the podium. Without the recovery drugs, and blood boosting, who knows where Armstrong would be.

Everyone assumes Ullrich would be, because he was at 23, but he was doping when he was young. So who knows how that aided his recovery. Some guys cannot recover without their meds.
This makes me feel like watching minor league baseball (or cricket, hurling, curling, etc. depending on where you're from). How can all of you geniuses conclude these no-names were clean? Because they said so? Because they were never tested? They were hardly tested because they hardly ever had a good result. They were probably the most juiced up of all the riders and were hanging on to the group for dear life. Let me get this straight: You brain surgeons are going to take the WORD of these riders over FACTS from the most tested athlete in the history of sports??? Unbelievable! I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

160 spent syinges
Cow blood (Actovegin)
insulin
corticosteroid flunked urine test
Frankie Andreu's EPO TDF abuse
Michele Ferrari's performance doctor's conviction for illegal pharmacy
Nike sneakers and Live Wrong bracelets
Jealous rumors and ugly facts

No_Positives said:
Knock Knock. Earth to dumbass. Let me help you, Lance, and Costas out here. There was no test. Someone just made up a report showing a positive. Why would the lab go through the trouble of putting EPO in a vial of urine when they control the entire process. They could spill pee all over the floor. So instead they just come out and say it's positive and they are home free. **** Pound surely isn't going to question them. What other labs tested this sample? Any US labs? I would never take the word of this corrupt French lab. The French hate Lance and I'm sure the lab technicians hate Lance too.

No_Positives said:
Unbelievable! I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
My husband and I joke now about that word: Unbelievable!! The word all the sportscasters use right before the positive test results show up. Whenever the analyst in anything says "Unbelievable!" we just look at each other and laugh.

Sorry, dude, Disco (my favorite team, now, flamers) has a performance record that is UNBELIEVABLE!

nns1400 said:
My husband and I joke now about that word: Unbelievable!! The word all the sportscasters use right before the positive test results show up. Whenever the analyst in anything says "Unbelievable!" we just look at each other and laugh.

Sorry, dude, Disco (my favorite team, now, flamers) has a performance record that is UNBELIEVABLE!
Thanks sweetheart, but the iVillage forums are here. http://www.ivillage.com/messageboards

No_Positives said:
Thanks sweetheart, but the iVillage forums are here. http://www.ivillage.com/messageboards
Lance Armstrong is a bald faced liar. A pathological one.

Benoit Joachim flunked his steroid test in June 2000 (Nandrolone) yet still raced on the drugged 2000 Tour USPO.

The 1999 & 2000 fraudualent Armstrong victories will be earased soon.

USPO has a long history of lying, doping and cheating.

btw: Just like Jan Ulrich & T-Mobile, Johan Museeuw & Quick Step and David Milar and Cofidis, Mauro Gianetti and Saunier Duval, Vino & Astana.

Even the Floyd Fairness Foundation knows that.

No_Positives said:
Knock Knock. Earth to dumbass. Let me help you, Lance, and Costas out here. There was no test. Someone just made up a report showing a positive. Why would the lab go through the trouble of putting EPO in a vial of urine when they control the entire process. They could spill pee all over the floor. So instead they just come out and say it's positive and they are home free. **** Pound surely isn't going to question them. What other labs tested this sample? Any US labs? I would never take the word of this corrupt French lab. The French hate Lance and I'm sure the lab technicians hate Lance too.
You calling someone a "dumbass"....thats rich...RICH I tell you!

No_Positives said:
Dumbass to Earth: knock knock, did you know that the samples still exist, and that it would be easy to do re-test of them? Of course this has no legal validity in front of UCI (1999 Tour de France victory is safe, pffff), but one can prove (AGAIN), and this time in front of 50 Lance lawyers, that

a) the urine is his
b) there's EPO in it

It only takes a lawsuit to be started by Lance against l'Equipe for smearing him, but....oooops no he didn't take action ! **** scheisse merde, bloody French lab - Bad bad bad Lancie...

Still dumbass wishes you a nice day

thoughtforfood said:
This has to be saluki under a new name.
Nope. "No Positives" is definately my dear friend JSull14. Both are American. Both think the French lab spiked Armstrong's six EPO positives, etc.

Hey No Positves/JSull, are you voting for Hillary or Barack?

Bonjour mon amie.

lemond was around 153lbs race weight.. i weigh 6lbs less and have a threshold power of 315w and have only been training for 1 year... dude does that mean i can win the tour de france?! sweeeeeeeeeeeet?! :p

fbircher said:
And with his phenomenal VO2MAX, the best power output Lemond could achieve was in the low 300's. It was around the time that EPO became prevalent that cyclists started demonstarting 400W+ power outputs and guys like Lemond got blown away. If Cadel is really able to sustain 400W average power, then I would be very suspicious that he's doping. As cynical as it may be, I'm afraid that every contingent of hero worshipers is in for a big letdown sooner or later when their admiration for a given rider blinds them to hard numerical and physiological reality.

yonatan11 said:
lemond was around 153lbs race weight.. i weigh 6lbs less and have a threshold power of 315w and have only been training for 1 year... dude does that mean i can win the tour de france?! sweeeeeeeeeeeet?! :p
How long can you sustain that power on a climb? 5, 10, 15, 20, 30?
and how many watts after 2 Alpes passes?

poulidor said:

At that weight, if you can go up Alpine passes all day at 315w, then yes mate, pack your bags, you're off to the Tour.

poulidor said:
that's my 30min threshold power. after a 4hour day of climbing i can still hold around 300-310w substained on long climbs and still surge to around 350w for a few minutes during a climb. i would be deep, deep in the pain cave though.

yonatan11 said:
that's my 30min threshold power. after a 4hour day of climbing i can still hold around 300-310w substained on long climbs and still surge to around 350w for a few minutes during a climb. i would be deep, deep in the pain cave though.
What category racer are you... if you don't mind me asking?

Holding over 300-310w for long climbs at a weight of 147 lbs is impressive. At 310w and 66kgs... that's a power to weight ratio of 4.7.

Landis' average wattage on that infamous stage that he tested positive for was about 282watts. That included the descents though... where wattage was near zero.

Crankyfeet said:
What category racer are you... if you don't mind me asking?

Holding over 300-310w for long climbs at a weight of 147 lbs is impressive. At 310w and 66kgs... that's a power to weight ratio of 4.7.

Landis' average wattage on that infamous stage that he tested positive for was about 282watts. That included the descents though... where wattage was near zero.

i'm only a 3 now. where i live there aren't as many climbs that suit me so being a lot bigger gives you an advantage. guess i need to move out of the southeast!

in a race i'll average around 220-230w for about 4-5hours if it's a harder day (that's with zero's averaged in, without zeros is more around 250-260 so big difference). i think i recall floyd climbing the first pass at 330w, 2nd at 360, and 3rd at 390, averaging 360w for the total climbing. also when he broke away he ended up average around 400watts for the first 30 minutes to break away from the peleton. and that's after over 2 weeks of racing 5-7hrs a day. so his threshold would have to be higher than 400w - a lot more than me!

Most tour riders have thresholds around 380-400 so I kind of consider my threshold pretty low. but comparing yourself to a protour rider is kinda like apples to oranges.. but i hope to be there soon

yonatan11 said:
i'm only a 3 now. where i live there aren't as many climbs that suit me so being a lot bigger gives you an advantage. guess i need to move out of the southeast!

in a race i'll average around 220-230w for about 4-5hours if it's a harder day (that's with zero's averaged in, without zeros is more around 250-260 so big difference). i think i recall floyd climbing the first pass at 330w, 2nd at 360, and 3rd at 390, averaging 360w for the total climbing. also when he broke away he ended up average around 400watts for the first 30 minutes to break away from the peleton. and that's after over 2 weeks of racing 5-7hrs a day. so his threshold would have to be higher than 400w - a lot more than me!

Most tour riders have thresholds around 380-400 so I kind of consider my threshold pretty low. but comparing yourself to a protour rider is kinda like apples to oranges.. but i hope to be there soon
So your only 20% or so behind Landis, drugged up, and cycling like a man possessed compared to everyone else in the pro peloton that day.

If you're young... good luck on your development. You have got some raw talent there IM layman's O.

And I'm a bit envious of your predicament in the SE. I am a bigger build flatlander (190lbs - beginner though) and 90% of the road racing in the Pacific NW is about climbing it seems.

well i'm 20.. so compared to some people (european riders), i'm on the older side as far as getting started, but most all the riders i race against are older than me.

most of the best riders out here are around 165-180lbs. the hills are too short to have any real bearing on the outcome. that's really the only place a lighter rider has a chance of getting away if he's really explosive.. then he has to be able to hold that intensity over the next few climbs and pray that a flat section doesn't come up. you'd definately like the racing here.

sounds like we need to swap locations.

do you train with power?

Crankyfeet said:
So your only 20% or so behind Landis, drugged up, and cycling like a man possessed compared to everyone else in the pro peloton that day.

If you're young... good luck on your development. You have got some raw talent there IM layman's O.

And I'm a bit envious of your predicament in the SE. I am a bigger build flatlander (190lbs - beginner though) and 90% of the road racing in the Pacific NW is about climbing it seems.

yonatan11 said:
well i'm 20.. so compared to some people (european riders), i'm on the older side as far as getting started, but most all the riders i race against are older than me.

most of the best riders out here are around 165-180lbs. the hills are too short to have any real bearing on the outcome. that's really the only place a lighter rider has a chance of getting away if he's really explosive.. then he has to be able to hold that intensity over the next few climbs and pray that a flat section doesn't come up. you'd definately like the racing here.

do you train with power?

Just cos the hills are small doesn't mean you can't win. repeated accelerations on small hills can rob the big guys of their sprint. I am 165 and a sprinter, and I have been outsprinted at the end by small guys that I can usually put 10kmh on - I just have nothing left.

You need a good coach and some SE work to build up your max output. If you can hold the wheels of the big boys when they accelerate, then go yourself when it heads up hill, you'll negate their sprints at the end.

I hate it when the little guys work me over on small climbs. I have the power to match them but it ruins my finishing kick.

yonatan11 said:

do you train with power?
No I don't train with power. I do go and periodically test my FTP just for benchmarking purposes.

I am an over 40 beginner racer. So forget about me. I have played some reasonably serious sport when younger... and can advise that you always feel older than what you really are when you are in that 20-25 age group. A lot of guys (with talent) drop out around that age bracket due to distractions... And I don't think one really physically and mentally peaks until they're 27-33. Tyler Hamilton was 20 before he busted his back and switched from skiing to cycling. He became a pro... but it took him four years or so. What matters is reaching your potential... and enjoying the process. That could take another 5-15 years. So don't ever feel like you are lagging behind anyone and are at a disadvantage. Take your time and have fun seeing how good you can get. You will be amazed looking back when you're 28, say, at how far you have come since you were 20... But it doesn't happen in a steady upcurve, in my experience, so don't get down if you hit a plateau.

All the best with it.