Cadel Evans is World Road Race Champion 2009



anthonyg

New Member
Sep 8, 2006
73
0
0
Well he did it. Cadel broke away for the win. He put his head down, gritted his teeth and went for it. Here's a video link of his winning move, [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05JmXec-Egg"]YouTube - HQ - Mondiali Ciclismo 2009: ORO per Cadel Evans. La prima volta per l'Australia nel ciclismo.[/ame]

Congratulations Cadel.

Anthony
 

Aussie Steve

New Member
Nov 8, 2005
418
0
0
Sure I'm happy for the man but I wouldn't have been unhappy if he came second. He was quoted as saying he is happy as Geelong won the Grand Final (he's from Barwon Heads) and guess who I barrack for? So yeah, I'm rapt for him, but as a Saints supporter, its with mixed feelings !!
 

limerickman

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
220
63
Just want to add my congratulation to CE, his wife and family.

Superb win.

All Aussies should be very proud if his win!
 

anthonyg

New Member
Sep 8, 2006
73
0
0
camdyson said:
Take that Silence Lotto......

Yes I think the Australian fans have been a bit hard on Cadel. We've expected that he can be the "Robbie McEwan" of the GC contenders but that in reality is a step too far. Lance Armstrong is a great rider and all but he didn't get to where he did without demanding, and getting great team support.

Anthony
 

Aussie Steve

New Member
Nov 8, 2005
418
0
0
Well he has now moved to BMC (is that their name) and this second-tier team should/may be promoted to elite (or whatever they call it) so they can contend the top races in Europe, Tour of Langkawi, and the Tour Down Under...
remember the TDF permits 2 wildcard entries (I believe)...on top of the top-ranked teams:rolleyes:
 

anthonyg

New Member
Sep 8, 2006
73
0
0
Aussie Steve said:
Well he has now moved to BMC (is that their name) and this second-tier team should/may be promoted to elite (or whatever they call it) so they can contend the top races in Europe, Tour of Langkawi, and the Tour Down Under...
remember the TDF permits 2 wildcard entries (I believe)...on top of the top-ranked teams:rolleyes:

Yes BMC is the team name. BMC is a bike brand and they have previously been the bike supplier to a few TDF/Pro Tour teams. Last year Team Cervelo got a wildcard into the TDF possibly in no small way because they had the defending champion, Carlos Sastre on the team.

Anthony
 

Hitchy

New Member
Jan 26, 2004
1,876
0
0
anthonyg said:
last year Team Cervelo got a wildcard into the TDF possibly in no small way because they had the defending champion, Carlos Sastre on the team.

Anthony

having a bloke called 'Thor' who was a good chance to win the 'green' jersey (& subsequently DID), wouldn't have hurt them either!
 

anthonyg

New Member
Sep 8, 2006
73
0
0
Hitchy said:
having a bloke called 'Thor' who was a good chance to win the 'green' jersey (& subsequently DID), wouldn't have hurt them either!

Yes that wouldn't hurt either. I couldn't remember everyone on the team. I was doing a Google search for wildcard teams in the TDF and that was obviously the best example. There have been many outstanding teams that got into the TDF on a wildcard.

Anthony
 

Similar threads

B
Replies
7
Views
207
Road Cycling
Ryan Cousineau
R