Cadel Evans working with Ferrari.

How long 'til they come down on him? Even if they have no real evidence against him, that certainly hasn't stopped them in the past from going after riders.

::cough.cough.Rasmussen.cough::

A pro told David Walsh something like 'do you seriously think we pay these guys (the doping docs) 100k a year for advice on interval training.'

Cobblestones said:
Is this new information? They don't specify when Evans worked with Ferrari.
In any case having a relationship with Ferrari proves that he is just as bad as the likes of Ullrich, Basso, Rasmussen, etc.

Not that I blame him.. I didnt expect him to be clean, none of the top riders are. But working with Ferrari means that he is not just the "minor doper who is as clean as it gets in the top and just uses the basics to be able to contend" that I made him out to be.

Working with Ferrari means you're doping to the max. Just like the rest of em.. No blame.. But also no more heroic stories about the "clean guy who can still get by!" please..

Trajectum said:
In any case having a relationship with Ferrari proves that he is just as bad as the likes of Ullrich, Basso, Rasmussen, etc.

Not that I blame him.. I didnt expect him to be clean, none of the top riders are. But working with Ferrari means that he is not just the "minor doper who is as clean as it gets in the top and just uses the basics to be able to contend" that I made him out to be.

Working with Ferrari means you're doping to the max. Just like the rest of em.. No blame.. But also no more heroic stories about the "clean guy who can still get by!" please..
What did Boonen say about Cadel?

Trajectum said:
Agree, but I would like to know if this information about Cadel has been around before. It is certainly new to me. With just one news outlet reporting, mistakes can happen, especially in the present atmosphere. Things are wild now, a supposed raid on Barloworld quarters, a possible positive test, speculations abound, reporting gets sloppy.

saluki said:
What did Boonen say about Cadel?
Doesnt matter what Boonen says/thinks/wants to think. Ferrari is not cheap and he is extremely good. If he has/had a working relation with ferrari it speaks for itself. Though once again.. I wont flame any riders for being involved in doping programs, in the current climate I believe you have no choice if you want to be a contender.

Unless the whole ferrari relation story is absolute bollocks of course.

well, it will be interesting to see how these guys fair in the coming years. what sort of health complications they will develop... they made a conscious decision of course, but its unfortunate really

rob of the og said:
There's almost nothing there in that story. If they actually had something on Evans wouldn't they be shouting about it?
Well there is if they are basing their story on reliable information. They write the following:
Gegen den Australier liegen keine Verdachtsmomente vor. Was dem Lotto-Fahrer angelastet werden muss, ist die Zusammenarbeit mit dem ehemaligen Armstrong-Coach Dr. Michele Ferrari. Wie alle Fahrer beteuern, beschränkt sich die Tätigkeit von "Dottore Epo" rein auf das Erstellen von Trainingsplänen

which means:

Against the Australian there have been no suspicious incidents. What the Lotto rider can be accounted for however, is the workingrelationship with the former Armstrong-coah Dr. Michele Ferrari. Like all the riders claim, the practices of "Docter Epo" have been solely the drawing up of training programs.

rob of the og said:
There's almost nothing there in that story. If they actually had something on Evans wouldn't they be shouting about it?
But I will admit that I havent heard that story from many other sources. So it could be just rumours I guess. lets hope so, I like the image of Evans as a "relatively clean" contender

Trajectum said:
But I will admit that I havent heard that story from many other sources. So it could be just rumours I guess. lets hope so, I like the image of Evans as a "relatively clean" contender

The usual Google test throws up nothing.

But I await disappointment tomorrow when doubtless he will be forced to admit that Ferrari was 'just preparing some training plans'. We've been here too many times to think that there'll be a different ending, haven't we?

Trajectum said:
Doesnt matter what Boonen says/thinks/wants to think. Ferrari is not cheap and he is extremely good. If he has/had a working relation with ferrari it speaks for itself. Though once again.. I wont flame any riders for being involved in doping programs, in the current climate I believe you have no choice if you want to be a contender.

Unless the whole ferrari relation story is absolute bollocks of course.
could be, I thought he worked with Sassi

German media outlet in printing load of utter unsubstantiated **** and presenting it in a fashion to arouse suspicion? Say it ain't so!

I don't see what the problem is. Armstrong assured us that Dr. Ferrari has nothing to do with doping. Armstrong wouldn't lie, would he? ;)

Cavalier is right. Its news to me. Soem sections of the press are making **** up or jumping at shadows. Evans works with a former doctor/trainer from Mapei IIRC

classic1 said:
Cavalier is right. Its news to me. Soem sections of the press are making **** up or jumping at shadows. Evans works with a former doctor/trainer from Mapei IIRC

Dr Aldo Sassi, Mapei Sportscentre, actually, Jono L is testing there yesterday
:D is, was.