Cadel Evans working with Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by thecyclist, Jul 27, 2007.

1. thunder

thunder New Member

2. tcklyde

tcklyde New Member

I'm hardly surprised about Cadel. But this Ferarri nonsense is frustrating. Someone needs to arrest him and put him jail for a long time. He's a criminal, an international drug trafficker, and a disgrace to medicine. What a douche.

3. Scotttri

Scotttri Member

Log onto Cadels site www.cadel.com.au and look in his diary, it states who he works with, and says he has absolutely nothing to do with Ferrari

4. zap brannigan

zap brannigan New Member

last night here in australia there was an interview with cadel evans and some of his family and they said when he was at the australian institute of sport they were amazed at his physiology........had an amazing heart rate and lung capacity etc.

his numbers are still talked about to this day.......so he's always been a special athlete.

5. thunder

thunder New Member

so are the rest of them.

There is little separating the pros.

Armstrong had that myth also. That his physiology was superior.

Anyway, I think the story may have conflated Rogers and Evans, and Evans says himself, he is not with Ferrari. Rogers was with him last year.

6. Tech72

Tech72 New Member

So Evans is strong like ox. Every pro cyclist is an "amazing" physical specimen with awesome physiology and capacity for stamina, endurance, blah, blah, blah. Heard it with just about every top cyclist....LA, Conti, Vino, Ulle, Indurain, etc, etc. It doesn't mean he won't dope to get the edge on the next guy to him in the peloton who also happens to be a one-in-a-million bike riding machine. Are you saying Evans kept up with the top guys in the world dope-free because his physical tests are impressive? Good try but I don't buy it. I'm sure just about all the top riders in the ProTour can produce awesome numbers in the lab. But it doesn't stop them from sampling some "pharma aids".

7. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. I wonder what brought on those comments from Cadel. Anyone here care to speculate?

;)

8. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Maybe he is like the rest of us and gets kicks reading the utter crap posted on this forum - feels the need to state his case.

If everyone who is a great rider is going to get the tag of doper, eventually, somewhere down from the top, there will be a rider working within his own physical limits.

Maybe its Evans.

9. thunder

thunder New Member

I would be surprised at any guys who can be clean, at the pointy end of a GT GC.
    I would also be surprised at any of the classics top flight who are clean.
    I would also be surprised at any of the top chrono engines who are clean.
    I would also be surprised at any of the elite sprinters who are clean.
    I would not be surprised at any of the French in the Coupe de France races are clean.

10. Doctor.House

Doctor.House New Member

They all abuse drugs. Else a girl on a tricycle could easily defeat their wasted, atrophied, exhausted muscles.

Steroids, insulin, EPO, cow blood = 16 hour recovery and instant power

Thunder with lighting!

11. mitosis

mitosis New Member

Yeah, me too. If anything I'm getting more cynical with time. You know, I even thought there a sliver of a chance LA was racing clean - believed all the superhuman claims - even up until after he retired.

But somewhere down from the top of the heap (and hopefully not too far down) there has to be someone with a little integrity... doesn't there?

12. Eagle of Toledo

Eagle of Toledo New Member

Someone posted on the messages section of his website and accused him of working with Ferrari, he obviously saw that comment and was responding to it via his diary.

13. tommyadrian5

tommyadrian5 New Member

As far as i'm concerned, you have just as little credibility.