Cadel now the Favourite ??

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was training in Italy....

anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with the Time trial coming up....?

MikeyOz said:
Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was training in Italy....

anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with the Time trial coming up....?

he's no organic chicken! Very appropriately, Rabobank have just fried him:)

It certain puts the cat amoung the pigeons and makes for a very interesting time trail.

Scotty

On Jul 26, 7:41 am, ProfTournesol <ProfTournesol.2ua...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> MikeyOz Wrote:
>
> > Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to
> > much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was
> > training in Italy....

> > anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with
> > the Time trial coming up....?

> he's no organic chicken! Very appropriately, Rabobank have just fried
> him:)

Wow ....

This is one dramatic tour.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:37:06 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:

> Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to
> much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was
> training in Italy....

Wow, it's surprising, even with the recent mysteries surrounding him. The
team must have been put under some serious pressure to pull him out.

> anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with
> the Time trial coming up....?

I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
Leipheimer won't end up far behind. Cadel was lucky not to lose more
time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
Cadel's life!

Michael Warner said:
I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
Leipheimer won't end up far behind. Cadel was lucky not to lose more
time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
Cadel's life!

anyway who were those people writing off Cadel as being done for the Tour!?? :)

On Jul 26, 9:40 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2ua...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Michael Warner Wrote:
>
> > I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
> > Leipheimer won't end up far behind. Cadel was lucky not to lose more
> > time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
> > attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
> > Cadel's life!

> anyway who were those people writing off Cadel as being done for the
> Tour!?? :)
>
> --
> MikeyOz

C'mon Cadel ... I don't want to see a Disco rider winning the Tour.
Especially one who is linked to Op Puerto / Saiz /Vino.

If it comes down to seconds on Saturday then Leipheimer's going for
last night's time bonus might have blown Contador's chances of winning
it.

Hmmm ... 2 Disco riders in the top 3 ... what are the chances of them
pulling off the TT of their lifes and putting minutes into Cadel in
Saturday's TT?

;)

On Jul 26, 9:40 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2ua...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Michael Warner Wrote:
>
> > I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
> > Leipheimer won't end up far behind. Cadel was lucky not to lose more
> > time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
> > attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
> > Cadel's life!

> anyway who were those people writing off Cadel as being done for the
> Tour!?? :)

Most (I was, anyway ..) were saying that he'd need something fairly
dramatic to happen. And, it has. I wonder if that's the last for
this tour or not? Contador is under suspicion also, with links to
Puerto.

It's a **** of a way to win a bike race, having all your competition
kicked out for cheating. It doesn't take anything away from the win
(if he does, or wherever he places) but it does mean that many people
will perceive it as less of a result than it might otherwise have been
- like Rogers winning the world ITT after Millar was stripped for EPO
use.

Bleve wrote:

> It's a **** of a way to win a bike race, having all your competition
> kicked out for cheating. It doesn't take anything away from the win
> (if he does, or wherever he places) but it does mean that many people
> will perceive it as less of a result than it might otherwise have been
> - like Rogers winning the world ITT after Millar was stripped for EPO
> use.

But at least if cadel does win he'll get to enjoy the victory at the
finish line. Beats the hell out of winning months or years later when
the truth finally comes out (or is arbitrated on).

DaveB

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:40:04 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:

> Michael Warner Wrote:
>> I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
>> Leipheimer won't end up far behind. Cadel was lucky not to lose more
>> time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
>> attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
>> Cadel's life!

> anyway who were those people writing off Cadel as being done for the
> Tour!?? :)

I wasn't writing him off. Just that he couldn't beat Rassmusen and Contador
in the mountains and he was best off doing as he did last night trying to
minimise his loses to Leipheimer and hope that things go his way or he rode
a brilliant time trial. And that he was no certainty for 3rd.

Evans did loose 1'44'' to Leipheimer and more to Rassmussen and Contador in
the Pyrenees. Rassmussen geting booted out, Contador only managing 3rd as
Leipheimer chased a spot on the podium and Sastre's breakaway failing have
all gone Evans's way.

He is now looking at a podium finish as long as nothing drastic happens.
Still 1'53 is a lot to get back off someone in the yellow racing after you
and Leipheimer looks to be in good form. But anyone on of the three could
win it on Saturday (Sunday can't be ruled out either given the nature of
this tour).

dewatf.

petulance said:
On Jul 26, 9:40 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2ua...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Michael Warner Wrote:

Hmmm ... 2 Disco riders in the top 3 ... what are the chances of them
pulling off the TT of their lifes and putting minutes into Cadel in
Saturday's TT?

;)

I suppose that it depends on what they take:-(

MikeyOz said:
Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was training in Italy....
anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with the Time trial coming up....?

Good. Never liked that scrawny chickenbreast. Liked the McNugget even less given his antics with Contador two stages ago. Bye bye! burgurk!

hippy

On Jul 26, 7:37 am, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2ua...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to
> much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was
> training in Italy....
>
> anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with
> the Time trial coming up....?
>
> --
> MikeyOz

I dont think Leipheimer is a threat. Contador did pretty well in the
first time trial. He lost about a minute to Cadel. Question is, can
Cadel make up the two minutes on the flat?

phillip brown

DaveB wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
>>
>> It's a **** of a way to win a bike race, having all your competition
>> kicked out for cheating. It doesn't take anything away from the win
>> (if he does, or wherever he places) but it does mean that many people
>> will perceive it as less of a result than it might otherwise have been
>> - like Rogers winning the world ITT after Millar was stripped for EPO
>> use.
>>

> But at least if cadel does win he'll get to enjoy the victory at the
> finish line. Beats the hell out of winning months or years later when
> the truth finally comes out (or is arbitrated on).
>
> DaveB

I think Rabobank did the honorable thing by dropping Rasmussen from the
team even though it looked like it he'd win. It saves a lot of the
problems we saw in last years "win". At least this years podium
finishers will have some degree of satisfaction of a well earned position.

Dorfus

dewatf said:
I wasn't writing him off. Just that he couldn't beat Rassmusen and Contador
in the mountains and he was best off doing as he did last night trying to
minimise his loses to Leipheimer and hope that things go his way or he rode
a brilliant time trial. And that he was no certainty for 3rd.

Yeah I know I was just messing with ya.... :)

Would be sensational if the race actually came down to the very last stage, and was not just a scenic little la-de-da down the Champs. I might even stay up from now on to watch instead of recording...

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:33:50 -0700, phillip brown wrote:

> I dont think Leipheimer is a threat. Contador did pretty well in the
> first time trial. He lost about a minute to Cadel. Question is, can
> Cadel make up the two minutes on the flat?

On a climber on a long, flat time trial? Better than even odds, IMHO.

Bleve wrote:

> Wow ....
>
> This is one dramatic tour.

Here I was thinking "I wonder how many will have accidents with all
those motor bikes and cars they have to dodge". I didn't even give the
terrorist sniper idea any thought. Oh wait, that is the officials
sniping them off.

hippy said:
Good. Never liked that scrawny chickenbreast. Liked the McNugget even less given his antics with Contador two stages ago. Bye bye! burgurk!

WTF was all that about? ie: "The Look" part two or simply alpha male BS? Maybe if it was alpha male BS, it could of really "The Look of Love". ;)

"Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:37:06 +1000, MikeyOz wrote:
:
: > Pretty gutsy move by Rabobank..... I guess it just became a little to
: > much, so turns out he was not training in Mexico after all, he was
: > training in Italy....
:
: Wow, it's surprising, even with the recent mysteries surrounding him. The
: team must have been put under some serious pressure to pull him out.

I guess they thought there had to be some kind of brain damage
after all it takes some kind of psychedelic powers
to confuse Mexico with Italy

:
: > anyway.... surely this has put Cadel in Pole Position especially with
: > the Time trial coming up....?
:
: I think he must be the favourite now, although IMHO Contador and
: Leipheimer won't end up far behind.

Contador won't win - he can't afford to be tested again (joke - I hope)
seriously 'tho I think Leipheimer is in good enough form
to beat both Contador and Evans in the TT

: .............................................. Cadel was lucky not to
lose more
: time to those two on the last climb - Levi and Contador should have
: attacked him earlier. That must have been the toughest ride of
: Cadel's life!

FWIW and WWIKA but I have gained the impression watching
Cadel in the mountains [and to a lesser extent in the first TT]
that he is pushing a gear too high
but that may just be the way he rides ...

--
---
bjt

a man of words and
not of deeds
is like a garden full of weeds.

cfsmtb wrote:

> Maybe if it was alpha male BS, it could of really "The Look of
> Love". ;)

Don'tcha just hate people who use 'could of'? :)

Theo
(nearly resigned to 'orientated')