Cadel - the pity party

serpico7

Sep 18, 2006
While I'm glad that a wheelsucker didn't win the Tour, I can't help but feel bad for the man-child. He really persevered without any help. Even Popo must be feeling bad - if he really worked hard for Evans, he might have been rested enough to win it all.

Well done, Cadel.

His joke of a team ****ed up. They did not have a lot of ammunition, but they still managed to shoot themselves in the foot. Allowing Popo to burn energy going for a stage win was a waste. That was the only day that Popo looked like he was worth the money they are paying him.

Bro Deal said:
His joke of a team ****ed up. They did not have a lot of ammunition, but they still managed to shoot themselves in the foot. Allowing Popo to burn energy going for a stage win was a waste. That was the only day that Popo looked like he was worth the money they are paying him.
Disagree. Popoutthebackovitch farked that up too. Get in a break like that you better bloody well win IMO.

I admit I hoped for Cadel to win this year. But his antics turned me off. His riding style is defensive which is what suits him, but now it will probably never be enough to win the thing. Certainly not with such a **** team. Anyway, I feel a little bit sorry for him with two 2nd places in a row. Sastre deserved it this year with his Alpe attack. Cadel's time was really last year. Unfortunately, he went against two guys doped up to their eyeballs. He was still able to pretty much hold his own then.

serpico7 said:
While I'm glad that a wheelsucker didn't win the Tour, I can't help but feel bad for the man-child. He really persevered without any help. Even Popo must be feeling bad - if he really worked hard for Evans, he might have been rested enough to win it all.

Well done, Cadel.
I don't feel badly for him. he placed 2nd, the highest he could expect to acheive given his abilities. quite frankly, he did well to be in the position he was in before the final itt. that was an achievement in an of itself, considering his rivals performed below expectations.

seriously, cadel was way overrated to begin with and with the omission of other top cyclists, he should be happy with his placement b/c winning the tour will only be a dream for him from now on. he missed his one golden opportunity, yet I am not surprized. he doenst have that extra something something that many of us have mentioned... the winning mentality.

he's merely a stuffed lion, :D

Klodifan said:
I don't feel badly for him. he placed 2nd, the highest he could expect to acheive given his abilities. quite frankly, he did well to be in the position he was in before the final itt. that was an achievement in an of itself, considering his rivals performed below expectations.

seriously, cadel was way overrated to begin with and with the omission of other top cyclists, he should be happy with his placement b/c winning the tour will only be a dream for him from now on. he missed his one golden opportunity, yet I am not surprized. he doenst have that extra something something that many of us have mentioned... the winning mentality.

he's merely a stuffed lion, :D
Wow, that's really harsh. I've been doing my share of Cadel bashing, but let's face it, if he had even a quarter of the help Sastre had, he would have been much fresher in the TT.

As for winning mentality - the rules simply aren't set up that way. Again, even a little more help from his team, and Cadel wins. And he wins last year if Contadope wasn't hopped up. That's why I'd like to see the Tour rules changed to make it impossible for a wheelsucker to win.

serpico7 said:
Wow, that's really harsh. I've been doing my share of Cadel bashing, but let's face it, if he had even a quarter of the help Sastre had, he would have been much fresher in the TT.

As for winning mentality - the rules simply aren't set up that way. Again, even a little more help from his team, and Cadel wins. And he wins last year if Contadope wasn't hopped up. That's why I'd like to see the Tour rules changed to make it impossible for a wheelsucker to win.
no, last year was the tour of attrition. cadel would not have made podium otherwise.

eta: you make a valid point regarding his pathetic team, so maybe things would have been better for evans, but maybe not...

I hope Popo gets on his knees for hours after they hit Paris tomorrow, that's the least he owes Cadel...!

Cadel needs a new team me thinks :cool:

Cadel4PM said:
I hope Popo gets on his knees for hours after they hit Paris tomorrow, that's the least he owes Cadel...!

He either has to sign for another team next year or get his team to sign a whole load of decent domestiques - at the very least hire one who can climb and sack Popo or get him back on the EPO.

What the hell is wrong with his team management? They've had a contender for 4 years and don't do anything to try and get him the win. I guess they don't really care??? Now that Robbie's washed up maybe they'll focus a little bit more attention to their tour contender. Popo was a big disappointment, but even if he was good he's still only one man. Oh well, glad to see Sastre pulled it off. We'll see how the test results come out.

Cadel4PM said:

Why take that from Popo when he could just make mad monkey love to his stuffed lions or his little accessory dog?

Klodifan said:
eta: you make a valid point regarding his pathetic team, so maybe things would have been better for evans, but maybe not...
You're so decisive in your opinions....

earth_dweller said:
Time to start a new poll: Evans to Rock Racing!
I'm not used to your new avatar...it just throws me off. I keep not reading your posts becasue I don't recognize you.

thoughtforfood said:
I'm not used to your new avatar...it just throws me off. I keep not reading your posts becasue I don't recognize you.
oh shoot, okay then, just for you.

Only himself to blame.

bettiniphoto_0029619_1_full.jpg