Cadel - the pity party

Klodifan said:
I don't feel badly for him. he placed 2nd, the highest he could expect to acheive given his abilities. quite frankly, he did well to be in the position he was in before the final itt. that was an achievement in an of itself, considering his rivals performed below expectations.

seriously, cadel was way overrated to begin with and with the omission of other top cyclists, he should be happy with his placement b/c winning the tour will only be a dream for him from now on.
so he performed well above your expectations then :D

earth_dweller said:
lets see. the guy rode himself in the ground for 3 weeks, finally lets his hair down, has a drink or ten, and hobbles? well yeah, he was probably drunk.
Yeah, I heard he had half a wine cooler and he was trashed.

earth_dweller said:
lets see. the guy rode himself in the ground for 3 weeks, finally lets his hair down, has a drink or ten, and hobbles? well yeah, he was probably drunk. I would have been **** faced in his place
No kidding...

I notice they just had to take the opportunity in the article to remind the world that his mother's name is Helen Cocks... Poor guy...

Bro Deal said:
It could have also been a Smirnoff Ice or a Mike's Hard Lemonade.
You know, those Mike's commercials were the second most annoying commercials on Versus....I mean, the drink has LEMONADE in the name....the only way to make that tough is to have Chuck Norris drink and urinate into a cup.

The MOST annoying were the Michelob commercials with the beautiful 30 somethings living "shine, shine, shine on" lives. You would have to live here to really understand why I detest that vision of life so much. People by the thousands try to live in the commercial here, and I want to see some super drunk wino come in and **** on the floor...and then dig in his crack and put his finger in one of their drinks for good measure....I am a bitter old man...

How about that commercial about recycling the car energy. That was annoying by about the 83rd time I saw it.

Jeff Vader said:
How about that commercial about recycling the car energy. That was annoying by about the 83rd time I saw it.
Since it repeated 3 times per commercial, was that the 27 2/3rds time you saw it or had you actually heard it repeated 249 times before you got annoyed?

thoughtforfood said:
Since it repeated 3 times per commercial, was that the 27 2/3rds time you saw it or had you actually heard it repeated 249 times before you got annoyed?
After having Saab irritate me to no end every July during the Tour, I have sworn to never, ever buy a Saab.

serpico7 said:
After having Saab irritate me to no end every July during the Tour, I have sworn to never, ever buy a Saab.
..yea, they need to change it to "spawn of Satan" not "born from Jets"

Sounds to me like you guys haven't learned your lesson with dvr. ;) Personally, I always jump in on the race at least an hour late so I don't have to watch any commercials. Saves a TON of time that way and also saves me from going crazy with the same 3 commercials over and over.

The really scarey thing is that even when waiting an hour I sometimes STILL caught up to the live feed. :mad: So, I did still see some of the air time of the three commercials and can really feel your pain.

I don't know who sells their air time at Versus but step into my office, 'cause you're f'n fired. I mean, really. Can we really not get more than half a dozen sponsors 24/7 for three weeks? ;)