Cadel to wear number 1 - another snub for Astana & Contador

Oh goodie. I can't wait to hear JB's guest commentator reaction on the North American TV coverage... :D

I don't think it's a snub to Astana. Maybe it is to Contador though.

Contador would obviously be the no1 holder and if he were not there it goes to the team which was Discovery. Discovery don't exist.
Astana have no right to the number one unless Contador was riding.

No2 becomes the highest seed. Evans.

Crankyfeet said:
Oh goodie. I can't wait to hear JB's guest commentator reaction on the North American TV coverage... :D
I want to know how many times he will say "If Contador [or Astana] were there..." during his commentary. :D

TheDarkLord said:
I want to know how many times he will say "If Contador [or Astana] were there..." during his commentary. :D

I'm not worried about Hog saying it -- I would expect that. I'm concerned that Phil and Paul will be talking about him.

And I defnitely won't bother to watch the evening version of the show because you know Frightwig and Roll will be blabbering about it.

I'm guessing they will only have Hog for studio analysis and not play-by-play, much as they've had Hyper Robbie Ventura in recent years. Oh man, it's making me nauseous already...

huboon said:
I'm not worried about Hog saying it -- I would expect that. I'm concerned that Phil and Paul will be talking about him.

And I defnitely won't bother to watch the evening version of the show because you know Frightwig and Roll will be blabbering about it.

I'm guessing they will only have Hog for studio analysis and not play-by-play, much as they've had Hyper Robbie Ventura in recent years. Oh man, it's making me nauseous already...
I don't believe anyone who says they aren't going to watch that coverage...:p The talk of the forum is going to be about things JB, Al and Bob say and how we are all cringing over it...;)

nns1400 said:
I don't believe anyone who says they aren't going to watch that coverage...:p The talk of the forum is going to be about things JB, Al and Bob say and how we are all cringing over it...;)
Since I'm not going to be listening to it, I'm looking forward to the reports and whining on the forum. :p

nns1400 said:
If I watch any TdF coverage I'll watch the recorded live version. I think I only watched a few nights of "enhanced" coverage last year.

I will put my trust in the rest of you to keep me duly informed about the outrageous ******** that Bruyneel playing off Bobke and cheered on by a clueless Trautwig will likely come up with.

VS probably has a form or an e-mail address to submit questions to Bobke. We should flood it with questions about doping and Dr. Ferrari.

On the OP, somebody has to get #1. Are they supposed to not issue 1 - 9 because the Contadope won't be there.

I think we should flood the Vs email with questions for the Hog. Like "Dear Mr. Hog. Can you give us the inside information of how many bags Lance and Alberto typcially would infuse before Alpe D'Huez." and "Mr Hog, How much weight have you gained in the last few years?"

By the way. I saw Carmichael a few years ago. **** is that man bloated.

Cadel is probably the favourite for this tour, however his climbing may let him down, I don't think he should wear the No.1 as he didn't win the tour, I also feel privately he may feel a little embarrassed about it.

Pantani didn't ride the '99 tour and nobody had the No.1, so it should be this time.

Ah Cadel and number 1.

Alas I am part of the "bloody wheel sucking Aussie will never win the tour" brigade. Our brigade never let results and form affect out judgement of Cadel.

My prediction - Cadel will not be Number 1 in Paris - all the flesh required to maintain that dopey smile of his weighs too much.

ad9898 said:
Cadel is probably the favourite for this tour, however his climbing may let him down, I don't think he should wear the No.1 as he didn't win the tour, I also feel privately he may feel a little embarrassed about it.

Pantani didn't ride the '99 tour and nobody had the No.1, so it should be this time.
err well thats cos the guy who came 2nd and they guy who came 3rd weren't riding in 1999...... be a little bit silly the 4th placed rider wearing No. 1 ! From memory that may have been Bobby Jullich !!! or did he finish 3rd 57 minutes back ?

whiteboytrash said:
err well thats cos the guy who came 2nd and they guy who came 3rd weren't riding in 1999...... be a little bit silly the 4th placed rider wearing No. 1 ! From memory that may have been Bobby Jullich !!! or did he finish 3rd 57 minutes back ?

I think Julich was 3rd in '98, no matter, in my opinion, 2nd as no more right to wear 1 than 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on, he didn't win and that's pretty much it.

ad9898 said:
I think Julich was 3rd in '98, no matter, in my opinion, 2nd as no more right to wear 1 than 3rd, 4th, 5th and so on, he didn't win and that's pretty much it.
Unless it was obvious that the bloke who won was on more gear than Columbian cargo train then yes no.2 should wear it...... besides last time I checked ASO make the rules not you so what you say doesn’t matter. I think its ASO’s way of saying Cadel was the true champion last year.

whiteboytrash said:
Unless it was obvious that the bloke who won was on more gear than Columbian cargo train then yes no.2 should wear it...... besides last time I checked ASO make the rules not you so what you say doesn’t matter. I think its ASO’s way of saying Cadel was the true champion last year.
I doubt that really.

whiteboytrash said:

So antagonistic and uptight here hey, I said it was my opinion that is all, I wouldn't want to make the rules neither do i give much of a toss really. I mean seriously its like a sewing circle here, anybody who may have an opinion thats different than some of the sad ***** that according to there post count live on here, get short shrift, it's probably the reason apart from the same old faces not many other people bother to join in.

I can count on two hands the people who regularly participate here, says a lot really, still its kind of fun droppin in now and again to see someone burst a blood vessel when someone disagrees with the "collective". :D

When I first joined this forum the entire posts were: "How high is Lance's Vo2 ?", "How fast is Lance's Cadence ?" and the 100 reasons why Lance is better than Ullrich. It was nauseating.

ad9898 said:
So antagonistic and uptight here hey, I said it was my opinion that is all, I wouldn't want to make the rules neither do i give much of a toss really. I mean seriously its like a sewing circle here, anybody who may have an opinion thats different than some of the sad ***** that according to there post count live on here, get short shrift, it's probably the reason apart from the same old faces not many other people bother to join in.

I can count on two hands the people who regularly participate here, says a lot really, still its kind of fun droppin in now and again to see someone burst a blood vessel when someone disagrees with the "collective". :D

ad9898 said:

Geez you're full of ****. You're welcome to post your views. Don't go passive-aggressive on us crying to mummy if your views get shot down in logical flames.

Nice consistent logic -

1. Regular contributors are sad *****...
2. Your forum is shite because you have less than ten regular contributors.

Hmmm.... slightly contradictory statements wouldn't you say?

You do a lot of research on this forum for someone that is so disgusted by the collective CF groupthink. Let's see... you can count on two hands those that regularly contribute. Hmmm..... Let me rattle off a few regular contributors. You must have grotesque looking hands.

Bro Deal
whiteboytrash
TheDarkLord
Crankyfeet
limerickman
thunder
thoughtforfood
NNS1400
C'dale Girl
Rolfrae
Wayne666
cyclingheroes
thecyclist
fscyclist
Eldron
Eldrack
Malkmus
jhuskey
Leafer
Frigo's Luggage
earth dweller
confusedfan
Drongo
Cobblestones
helmutRoole2
coneofsilence
Jeff Vader
Eden
Powerful Pete
Grater
jimmypop
poulidor
kennf
plectrum
classic1
Ava marie
Andrija
JAPANic
mitosis
musette
Runitout
hawkeye87
ilpirata
JonoL
slovakguy
azdroptop
Anticyclone
Aquamarinos
RdBiker
lucybears
El Loto
EvilJediJ
OAR8
micron
gpriatko

That's over 50 that come to mind. Sorry all those regulars that I left out off the top of my head.

Crankyfeet said:
Geez you're full of ****. You're welcome to post your views. Don't go passive-aggressive on us crying to mummy if your views get shot down in logical flames.

Nice consistent logic -

1. Regular contributors are sad *****...
2. Your forum is shite because you have less than ten regular contributors.

Hmmm.... slightly contradictory statements wouldn't you say?

You do a lot of research on this forum for someone that is so disgusted by the collective CF groupthink. Let's see... you can count on two hands those that regularly contribute. Hmmm..... Let me rattle off a few regular contributors. You must have grotesque looking hands.

Bro Deal
whiteboytrash
TheDarkLord
Crankyfeet
limerickman
thunder
thoughtforfood
NNS1400
C'dale Girl
Rolfrae
Wayne666
cyclingheroes
thecyclist
fscyclist
Eldron
Eldrack
Malkmus
jhuskey
Leafer
Frigo's Luggage
earth dweller
confusedfan
Drongo
Cobblestones
helmutRoole2
coneofsilence
Jeff Vader
Eden
Powerful Pete
Grater
jimmypop
poulidor
kennf
plectrum
classic1
Ava marie
Andrija
JAPANic
mitosis
musette
Runitout
hawkeye87
ilpirata
JonoL
slovakguy
azdroptop
Anticyclone
Aquamarinos
RdBiker
lucybears
El Loto
EvilJediJ
OAR8
micron
gpriatko

That's over 50 that come to mind. Sorry all those regulars that I left out off the top of my head.
******' Jeff ******' Vader ******' Rules!!

Eldron said:
Ah Cadel and number 1.

Alas I am part of the "bloody wheel sucking Aussie will never win the tour" brigade. Our brigade never let results and form affect out judgement of Cadel.

My prediction - Cadel will not be Number 1 in Paris - all the flesh required to maintain that dopey smile of his weighs too much.
he needs some of the supercharged dope your countrymen are on @Barlo