Cadel to wear number 1 - another snub for Astana & Contador

Crankyfeet said:
Geez you're full of ****. You're welcome to post your views. Don't go passive-aggressive on us crying to mummy if your views get shot down in logical flames.

Nice consistent logic -

1. Regular contributors are sad *****...
2. Your forum is shite because you have less than ten regular contributors.

Hmmm.... slightly contradictory statements wouldn't you say?

You do a lot of research on this forum for someone that is so disgusted by the collective CF groupthink. Let's see... you can count on two hands those that regularly contribute. Hmmm..... Let me rattle off a few regular contributors. You must have grotesque looking hands.

Bro Deal
whiteboytrash
TheDarkLord
Crankyfeet
limerickman
thunder
thoughtforfood
NNS1400
C'dale Girl
Rolfrae
Wayne666
cyclingheroes
thecyclist
fscyclist
Eldron
Eldrack
Malkmus
jhuskey
Leafer
Frigo's Luggage
earth dweller
confusedfan
Drongo
Cobblestones
helmutRoole2
coneofsilence
Jeff Vader
Eden
Powerful Pete
Grater
jimmypop
poulidor
kennf
plectrum
classic1
Ava marie
Andrija
JAPANic
mitosis
musette
Runitout
hawkeye87
ilpirata
JonoL
slovakguy
azdroptop
Anticyclone
Aquamarinos
RdBiker
lucybears
El Loto
EvilJediJ
OAR8
micron
gpriatko

That's over 50 that come to mind. Sorry all those regulars that I left out off the top of my head.
Cranky, did you do the memory course on the home shopping network with Danny Bonaduce?

That is the bomb dude!

Crankyfeet said:
You do a lot of research on this forum for someone that is so disgusted by the collective CF groupthink. Let's see... you can count on two hands those that regularly contribute. Hmmm..... Let me rattle off a few regular contributors.
No, he is right. We are in the process of chasing off another in the "Floyd" thread.

We have gone below critical mass. It is one reason I don't post much here anymore.

Bro Deal said:
No, he is right. We are in the process of chasing off another in the "Floyd" thread.

We have gone below critical mass. It is one reason I don't post much here anymore.
Bro, if I ran you off or am running off others please feel free to IM me to discuss. I may seem like an insuffrable *****...well maybe more than seem....but I respect you and would listen to what you have to say.

lol... someone is going to have a stroke here i think... calm down Cranky, get out a bit and ride your bike instead of wanking over your computer :D , it took you 5 hours to come up with that list.... pour on the insults, i reckon we aren't far from that old chestnut, spelling and grammer....oops I mean grammar.

What's funny is folk like you spout from your armchair about chinese whispers, rumours etc, tell me you like cycling yeh ?? what have you ever achieved.... I can't ever remember seeing you on the final climb ;)

Based on Cadel's dauphine performance it appears he's getting his daily dose of sucking somewhere else, because he wasn't sticking to any wheels. He attacked in a way that made the race interesting. And that seems to be a general theme of his riding this year.

That, as well as the fact he's the highest place rider from last years TdF in this years one means I reckon he can wear the number one and not look like a misplaced idiot in it. Do I think he'll win the tour? Not sure, but I think he is the best candidate for the numero uno.

ad9898 said:
lol... someone is going to have a stroke here i think... calm down Cranky, get out a bit and ride your bike instead of wanking over your computer :D , it took you 5 hours to come up with that list.... pour on the insults, i reckon we aren't far from that old chestnut, spelling and grammer....oops I mean grammar.

What's funny is folk like you spout from your armchair about chinese whispers, rumours etc, tell me you like cycling yeh ?? what have you ever achieved.... I can't ever remember seeing you on the final climb ;)
See, doping apologists and participants like you will never realize that simply because we peons don't "know" the "reality" of what pro's go through does not means our opinions amount to naught. Really, all we want t see is clean racing. As to qualifying for serving up an opinion, well, in the grand scheme of things we all have that right. I don't remember those pros ever returning the money they stuffed in their pockets that was provided by their fans. You exist because of us. If we didn't watch, you would be just some schmuck who rode his bike really fast. Really, with your tone, that is all you seem to be anyway.

What I have achieved is being a great father, dad, and employee. I was not given the athletic or mental talent to excel. There are a small number who have. If you were, good for you; however, the worms won't taste the difference in our flesh.

Eldrack said:
Based on Cadel's dauphine performance it appears he's getting his daily dose of sucking somewhere else, because he wasn't sticking to any wheels. He attacked in a way that made the race interesting. And that seems to be a general theme of his riding this year.

That, as well as the fact he's the highest place rider from last years TdF in this years one means I reckon he can wear the number one and not look like a misplaced idiot in it. Do I think he'll win the tour? Not sure, but I think he is the best candidate for the numero uno.
Evans certainly thinks he is number one. Oh, the ego on that guy. He has a painting of himself above the fireplace in his house. :confused:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=130803&stc=1&d=1214760314

..just for perspective, off the top of your head, name the guy who won javelin throw in the very first Olympics. Yea, his name is lost to history as will yours be some day. Enjoy the fame while you have it.

ad9898 said:

Finally a reply by ad9898 that is worthy of this forum. Well done. :D

ad9898 said:

Nah... five minutes, off the top of my head... except for gpriatko.

I'm pretty happy with my life sporting achievements thanks. And I am glad that the sports I participated in weren't riddled with PED's at the time I was playing. Well, maybe one of them was. My cycling sucks though...

You know that Lance can't rest easy. All it will take is one huge scandal that reaches a critical mass of people talking... and the great big edifice comes crashing down and multiple witness testimony and a broken omerta relieves everyone of their conscience. Truth is great and mighty above all things... ;)

Bro Deal said:

Well... you know as well as I do that this forum is on it's last legs. There have been 3,000 new members who have registered with this forum since late March... and only one of them has been allowed to post... a Chinese spammer called dreamath... as you pointed out.

So it is because we chase people off, that this forum has a problem? That's funny coming from the Bro... :D

Eldrack said:
Cadel will always look like a misplaced idiot regardless of what number is plastered on his jersey.

Crankyfeet said:
Well... you know as well as I do that this forum is on it's last legs. There have been 3,000 new members who have registered with this forum since late March... and only one of them has been allowed to post... a Chinese spammer called dreamath... as you pointed out.

So it is because we chase people off, that this forum has a problem? That's funny coming from the Bro... :D
I have tried to be a kinder, nicer Bro. It doesn't always work. :eek:

We should look up the whois data for this domain name. There should be a phone number.

thunder said:
he needs some of the supercharged dope your countrymen are on @Barlo

Yeah cos we all know Barloworld has been involved in drug scandal after drug scandal :rolleyes:

Finally - proof that Cadel doped! He beat Soler who was apparently on super charged dope so that proves conclusively that Cadel is on superdupercharged dope...

Gotta love Thunder logic.

I'm just really ****** off that the man wearing Number 1 in this year's tour is a doper - what a poor example.

Eldron said:
Yeah cos we all know Barloworld has been involved in drug scandal after drug scandal :rolleyes:

Finally - proof that Cadel doped! He beat Soler who was apparently on super charged dope so that proves conclusively that Cadel is on superdupercharged dope...

I'm just really ****** off that the man wearing Number 1 in this year's tour is a doper - what a poor example.
no one likes Saffas mate.

Eldron said:
Yeah cos we all know Barloworld has been involved in drug scandal after drug scandal

thunder said:

Mugabe's a bit of a fan. They've propped him up for years.

[jokes]

Soler and Evans. No souplesse. Two of the most ungainly looking climbers in cycling, and I couldn't hold either of their wheels for more than thirty seconds... makes me sad.

I find the whole "he's a doper!" no - "he's a doper!" thing amusing - that Swiss study taken last year as I recall indicated 80% usage of HGH in the pro peloton - tells you two things:

1. if you look at a cyclist, he's probably a doper;
2. some pros don't dope at all. No, really.

Given fact 1, it's staggering to see that it's only when riders bolt from the blue that they get the "doper" moniker - look at Hombre in dpf, he'll accuse anyone he's never heard of of being doped to the gills. More likely to be the other way around - if any of the top twenty are in the "not doped" crowd, then they are absolute champions, and I salute them.

So yeah, let Evans wear number 1, but I don't think anyone's got any illusions about what it currently takes to wear the maillot jaune. (Might change later - let's hope Slipstream are for real). The chance was there in 1999 and no-one took it. Tant pis.

Eldron said:

You did food poison the entire NZ rugby team before the World Cup final in '96... ;)

if Barloworld had any balls they would have a decent Saffa team, and Ryan Cox (rip) would still be alive, but they handed corti the reins.

Augustyn
Cox
George
Kannemeyer
Perry
Mcleod
Froome
Impy
Hunter

Then they could round it out with the talented Moroccans and Algerians at the UCI le Monde centre.

As it is, they are underwriting Italians, when they could do the same job.

thunder said:

Thank you for your insight global authority on national favouritism...

Fortunately you're a respresentetive sample of 1.

@Runitout - you take that back - South Africa's policy of quiet diplomacy is obviously working wonders in Zim - I mean Mugabe is the leader the majority voted for. At gun point.

Good call on Soler/Evans - they both look like they're suffering on warm up rides...

I read a report some years back asking pro athletes if they could take a drug that was undetectable and would make them invincible but would kill them in 5 years - would they take it? I can't remember the exact % but it was high 80's as I recall. I'm guessing that high 80's is about how many riders dope...

It's the reason I like the "safe to race" controls - now everyone can race at 53% hemacrit(?) regardless of natural levels. It's a nice leveller.

Crankyfeet said:
You did food poison the entire NZ rugby team before the World Cup final in '96... ;)

Pfffff NZ only have themselves to blame - taking tainted 'roids the day before a big game - what were they thinking? :D

@thunder - I'd love to see a 100% saffa team at the tour. That's a pretty good line up you have - apart from Froome - he's not South African.

@runitout - agreed - Hunter is an oppourtunistic winner (like last year) - I don't think he has much of a chance in a straight fight though. That said - I'm going to put some money on him for the green jersey - he's fast, consistent and will make it to Paris.