Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Cadence Magnet-New Idea!

Started by Jeff in IL · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,071 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 August 2006
Last activity
14 August 2006
Original author
Jeff in IL
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,071
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Okay, don't know if this has been tried or posted before but I have tested this new method for a couple of hundred miles and no problems or lost magnets.

    You know what powers those electric toothbrush heads???? Magnets, two small magnets. When changing heads, I have saved mine for my tool box for a couple of years and they come in very handy.

    Well, I thought I would try them on the inside of the crank arm on the back of the pedal stud. Adjusted the cadence unit so that everything aligned and they work great! I think I fit three of them in there but I'm sure two would work as well. Since they are recessed into the crank arm, they won't (or haven't) fallen out and have plenty of power to trigger the sensor.

    I was always cutting the magnet strap when I clipped in. Went through three magnets in a couple of months. Well, this solution works for me...hope it helps some of you.

  2. Get some of the 1/2" round magnets that they sell at Home Depot. They are about $2 for a bag of 10. They fit right into the hole behind the spindle of the pedal (on the backside of the crank). They need no tape or glue as the magnetism keeps them there. And the magnet is stronger than the ones that are usually packed with your cadence sensor. These magnets have worked flawlessly for me.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.