Caduta - Pantani

Inconnu

Guest
Drat Pantani crashed

But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too badly
injured to continue tomorrow

inconnu wrote:
> Drat Pantani crashed
>
> But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too badly
> injured to continue tomorrow

How bad is Pantani hurt? Doesn't sound too bad if he finished, but Cycling News' photo captions say
"broken collarbone". Story *text* doesn't say anything at all about extent of injuries.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/2
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/13

Sounds like a captioning screw-up to me, does anyone know for a fact?

I think Pantani is earning much respect by "doing it the hard (honest?) way" this Giro. He seems to
be engaging the brain before the mouth, too. I think he's learned something from his mistakes.
<Applause>
--
Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

"Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> inconnu wrote:
> > Drat Pantani crashed
> >
> > But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too
> > badly injured to continue tomorrow
>
> How bad is Pantani hurt? Doesn't sound too bad if he finished, but Cycling News' photo captions
> say "broken collarbone". Story *text* doesn't say anything at all about extent of injuries.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/2
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/13
>
> Sounds like a captioning screw-up to me, does anyone know for a fact?
>
> I think Pantani is earning much respect by "doing it the hard (honest?) way" this Giro. He seems
> to be engaging the brain before the mouth, too. I think he's learned something from his mistakes.
> <Applause>

If he was engaging his brain he wouldn't talk about riding for Bianchi in the TdF without ever
talking to Bianchi.

Dude is a dumbass.

K. Gringioni

ps. I'm thinking about riding for Bianchi in the TdF myself. I'm sure my team will give me an
exemption for this one race, but first I've got to go mail off my license application.