Caduta - Pantani

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Inconnu, May 29, 2003.

  1. Inconnu

    Inconnu Guest

    Drat Pantani crashed

    But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too badly
    injured to continue tomorrow

    Tags:

  2. Dan Gregory

    Dan Gregory Guest

    Finished 23rd at 15min+ - Petacchi and 40 others hors delais..that snow made it hard.. All the best
    Dan G "inconnu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected].net.cable.rogers.com...
    > Drat Pantani crashed
    >
    > But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too badly
    > injured to continue tomorrow

  3. Mark Janeba

    Mark Janeba Guest

    inconnu wrote:
    > Drat Pantani crashed
    >
    > But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too badly
    > injured to continue tomorrow

    How bad is Pantani hurt? Doesn't sound too bad if he finished, but Cycling News' photo captions say
    "broken collarbone". Story *text* doesn't say anything at all about extent of injuries.

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/2
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/13

    Sounds like a captioning screw-up to me, does anyone know for a fact?

    I think Pantani is earning much respect by "doing it the hard (honest?) way" this Giro. He seems to
    be engaging the brain before the mouth, too. I think he's learned something from his mistakes.
    <Applause>
    --
    Mark Janeba remove antispam phrase in address to reply

  4. "Mark Janeba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > inconnu wrote:
    > > Drat Pantani crashed
    > >
    > > But he's back on his bike as of right now and I hope he can finish the stage and is not too
    > > badly injured to continue tomorrow
    >
    > How bad is Pantani hurt? Doesn't sound too bad if he finished, but Cycling News' photo captions
    > say "broken collarbone". Story *text* doesn't say anything at all about extent of injuries.
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/2
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/giro03/?id=stage18/13
    >
    > Sounds like a captioning screw-up to me, does anyone know for a fact?
    >
    > I think Pantani is earning much respect by "doing it the hard (honest?) way" this Giro. He seems
    > to be engaging the brain before the mouth, too. I think he's learned something from his mistakes.
    > <Applause>

    If he was engaging his brain he wouldn't talk about riding for Bianchi in the TdF without ever
    talking to Bianchi.

    Dude is a dumbass.

    K. Gringioni

    ps. I'm thinking about riding for Bianchi in the TdF myself. I'm sure my team will give me an
    exemption for this one race, but first I've got to go mail off my license application.