Cairns Cycling Options

46kgToDate

Aug 31, 2006
Does anyone know of somewhere in the Cairns region where you can rent half decent bikes? The ones you get from the resorts are ****:eek:!! I'm going to be up there for a week and am looking to do some k's in the mornings and afternoons .

46kgToDate said:
Does anyone know of somewhere in the Cairns region where you can rent half decent bikes? The ones you get from the resorts are ****:eek:!! I'm going to be up there for a week and am looking to do some k's in the mornings and afternoons .

Take yours with you. We haven't had any problems with getting our bikes there when we've flown virgin.

Cheers

Geoff

46kgToDate said:

Take yours with you. We haven't had any problems with getting our bikes there when we've flown virgin.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff X 2

You are so right!

It is total **** up here on the hire front.

Everyday I drive to work 25k passing innumerable cyclists on the loverly straight flat roads, on their nice road bikes.

All I can hire is shitty basket fronted mountain bikes with seats like camel backs!!!!

I am totally going out of my tree not being able to get on a bike

I walked/jogged 1 hr 45 min on the sand today can't wait to get home to get back on MY bike.

Did you really take tandem on the plane and those QANTAS baggage handlers left it alone?????????????

46kgToDate said:
Geoff X 2

You are so right!

It is total **** up here on the hire front.

Everyday I drive to work 25k passing innumerable cyclists on the lovely straight flat roads, on their nice road bikes.

All I can hire is shitty basket fronted mountain bikes with seats like camel backs!!!!

I am totally going out of my tree not being able to get on a bike

I walked/jogged 1 hr 45 min on the sand today can't wait to get home to get back on MY bike.

Did you really take tandem on the plane and those QANTAS baggage handlers left it alone?????????????

It was virgin that we flew there with. I booked the tickets well in advance and only paid $600 for the two of us rather than the cheapest deal through Qantas was over $1000. I was watching the baggage handlers unloading and one was just hurling the bags and the other one was placing them carefully on the trolley. We had no damage to the bike so we were lucky. When we first went for a ride on our new tandem in the US at the Kent County Spring Fling on Chesapeake Bay, We met another couple who also had a S&S coupled tandem. They said "fantastic paintwork. Great colours! Remember how it looks now, because once you start traveling with it. The paintwork will get scratches!". They were right.

Cheers

Geoff