Cake 3 or Upgrade my Tassajara?

Xao

Guest
I have about a '97 Tassajara that I am thinking about upgrading with XT components and a Marchozzi
Comp ETA '04 fork (which is another question, should I get the 105mm or the 120mm version?), but I
don't know if it's the best thing to do or if I should maybe just get a new bike?

I'm looking at the Cake 3 if I do decide to get a new bike.

I've never rode a FS bike before, so I'm not even sure if I would like it out on the trails. I live
in a small town, so the downside is I can test ride in the local lot, but there are no demoes to
really test on the trails.

I don't do huge jumps and mainly do plain single-track riding with a couple trips to Moab each year
to hit Slick Rock.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

[email protected] (Xao) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Any opinions?

The Cake should be named the Joke. I have never thrown my leg over a more flexy POS FS than the
Cake. Are you confined soley to Gary Fisher's offerings for some particular reason?

JD

Not really tied to just GF, the brand has just been pretty good to me,
my wife is a specialized bigot. :)

If I purchase a new bike I would be looking not to spend more than $1500 +/- $200 or so.

Or upgrade to hardtail to a XT group or so.

I'm open for opinions.