Touring and recreational cycling · Public discussion

Calais to Rome - Advice

Started by Am1990 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,096 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Touring and recreational cycling
Published
8 January 2011
Last activity
17 September 2011
Original author
Am1990
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,096
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi

    I am riding from Calais to Rome this summer and am in need of some advice. I have done some basic mapping so far but would like some more info on recommended routes etc. Also, I am still unsure whether I am going to stay in hostels or camp.

    If anyone out there has done this ride and has some good advice regarding routes and accomodation etc, please let me know

    Thanks

  2. Hi - thinking of doing the same mid June to mid July. Am planning following the via francigena which is a pilgrim route - lots of info on web and book available with route, accommodation etc (Lightfoot guide). Also can't decide to camp or not. If you have any more info would love to share.

  3. Hi
    Probably a bit too late but... lots of info on cycling from Calais to Rome (and beyond!) at www.eurovelo5.com. I even wrote a book about it: Good Vibrations: Crossing Europe on a Bike Called Reggie ...
    Hope you had as good a trip as I did in 2010.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.