Calculating fork steerer length

santa

New Member
Apr 17, 2004
How do you calculate how much steerer length is required for a certain handlebar height?

santa wrote:
> How do you calculate how much steerer length is required
> for a certain handlebar height?

If you need to experiment with dimensions to try to figure
out what combination of stem angle, stem length and mounting
height will give you your desired position, try Bike CAD at
http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD.html

JLS
--
James "Measure twice, cut once" Scott www.jls.cx

Originally posted by James Scott
santa wrote:
> How do you calculate how much steerer length is required
> for a certain handlebar height?

If you need to experiment with dimensions to try to figure
out what combination of stem angle, stem length and mounting
height will give you your desired position, try Bike CAD at
http://www.bikeforest.com/CAD.html

JLS
--

Let me rephrase the question: if I have a Ritchey stem, a CK headset, and 2 cms of spacers, and the head tube length on my bike is 19cm long, what is the minimum length needed for the steerer?