California a deadly place to ride...

California Tour Books eg
Road Biking Northern California, 3rd (Road Biking Series) by John
Nagiecki
alert the rider to road danger as often as say Colorado guides
but the Cal guides add substanstially more human guiding than other
area's guides
but not as much as say Nebraska where...

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:32:57 -0700, SMS wrote:

> One big problem is cities that decide to not have a police force, and
> instead contract out law enforcement to the county sheriff, as is the case
> in Cupertino, and the neighboring city of Saratoga. An experienced,
> professional, police department would not have allowed this person to
> become a police officer.

What's not "experienced" or "professional" about your county's sheriff's
dept?

Sheriffs are the county's police. Except for having a larger area to
cover they're the same as any other police dept.

Matt O.

> On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:59:56 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
> wrote:

> >[email protected] wrote:
> >> This is a depressing thread, but it's nice to see a post from you.

> >Sure, circling the wagons of your dreaded Colorado cabal?

> Dear Andrew,
>
> DCC circled-wagon t-shirts for sale soon at Vecchio's!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Fogel

Yeah yeah. Get back to me when the Peter's selling Crypto-Fogelite
Conspiracy shirts.

Make mine wool,

On Mar 15, 10:49 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>

>  [email protected] wrote:

> > >Sure, circling the wagons of your dreaded Colorado cabal?

> > Dear Andrew,

> > DCC circled-wagon t-shirts for sale soon at Vecchio's!

> > Cheers,

> > Carl Fogel

> Yeah yeah. Get back to me when the Peter's selling Crypto-Fogelite
> Conspiracy shirts.
>
> Make mine wool,

Puh-leees, its the "Krygo-Fogel Conspiracy" -- although I prefer the
"Krygo-Fogel Centipede." And yes, the shirts are available in Irish
wool at http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/KISS 123 by Andre Jute.htm
. -- Jay Beattie.

read that stuff and you'll go to hell no problem.
or california.

SMS aka Steven M. Scharf wrote:
> On Mar 12, 7:24 am, Crescentius Vespasianus <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> With the California mindset that
>> everything is ok, just so there is an
>> apology afterwards. Deputy James
>> Council, had a DUI, but got off with a
>> plea deal because he said he was sorry.
>> Now that he has killed two cyclists,
>> again he says he's all torn up and
>> devastated. So they'll let him off again.

> One big problem is cities that decide to not have a police force, and
> instead contract out law enforcement to the county sheriff, as is the
> case in Cupertino, and the neighboring city of Saratoga. An
> experienced, professional, police department would not have allowed
> this person to become a police officer.

Your sheriff's department probably has higher standards than Forest
County, Wisconsin, however. See
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crandon,_Wisconsin_shooting>.

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:
> On Mar 19, 8:07 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>> toss the tour book
>>
>> http://www.romp.org/

> veeee haf located zeee map
>
> http://govbud.dof.ca.gov/BudgetSummary/ImagePages/FG-RES-01.html
>
> and nooooo beachs

If the parks are sold off, think of the potential profits to housing
developers!

The parks could be sold to the politically well connected for pennies on
the dollar.

WELL, given the current flamboozel from CAL, a park sell off is
possible in theory but reality suggests Arnold would be hung by a mob
first.

On Mar 19, 8:56 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> WELL,  given the current flamboozel from CAL,  a park sell off is
> possible in theory but reality suggests Arnold would be hung by a mob
> first.

nothing irittates non park goers like park closings, dams, nearly
extinct varmits....
almost as good as outlawing automatic weapons

On Mar 19, 8:56 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> WELL,  given the current flamboozel from CAL,  a park sell off is
> possible in theory but reality suggests Arnold would be hung by a mob
> first.

On Mar 19, 8:56 pm, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
> WELL, given the current flamboozel from CAL, a park sell off is
> possible in theory but reality suggests Arnold would be hung by a mob
> first.

nothing irittates non park goers like park closings, dams, nearly
extinct varmits....
almost as good as outlawing automatic weapons

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:55:35 -0500, Tom Sherman
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Your sheriff's department probably has higher standards than Forest
>County, Wisconsin, however. See
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crandon,_Wisconsin_shooting>.

"Peterson was initially believed to have been killed by a police
sniper, but it was later discovered that he committed suicide by
multiple gunshots, with the third shot being the fatal one."

Curiouser and curiouser.

still just me wrote:
> "Peterson was initially believed to have been killed by a police
> sniper, but it was later discovered that he committed suicide by
> multiple gunshots, with the third shot being the fatal one."
> Curiouser and curiouser.

Yeah, anything north of Highway 8 is spooky. Different world up there.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Andrew Muzi wrote:
>> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Your sheriff's department probably has higher standards than Forest
>>> County, Wisconsin, however. See
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crandon,_Wisconsin_shooting>.

> still just me wrote:
>> "Peterson was initially believed to have been killed by a police
>> sniper, but it was later discovered that he committed suicide by
>> multiple gunshots, with the third shot being the fatal one."
>> Curiouser and curiouser.

> Yeah, anything north of Highway 8 is spooky. Different world up there.

Too many people with both guns and anti-social personalities. I have had
people fire warning shots over my head for doing nothing more than
riding by on a public road.

Walk up to a house in a rural area and knock on the door, and you will
often be greeted by someone with a bad attitude carrying a gun.