(California) Need UNi Trials riders for Keyesville Bike trials event

LessIsMore wrote:
> Two or three of my sons and I would like to join in the fun. How do we
> register for the competition and book camp sites?
> Most likely we will be driving up Fri night, leaving Sun. Not sure what
> levels
> we should register for.
> Any advice or info would be much appreciated

Thanks, and the increased interest is appreciated. The more the
merrier!
I put up a web page here
http://www.unicycleroundupla.com/keyesvilletrialsinfo.htm
It has a lot of the most recent information. There is information on
that page that is not below. Registration is in person on the day of
the competition. See more below.

The practice day is Friday, March 17 and the competition is on Saturday
March 18.

abbabibble wrote:
> i may try to get down there with a parent.
> excuse me if this is already writted, but does it cost anything to
> enter?

FOR EVERYONE THAT IS INTENDED ON COMING TO THE EVENT, WHETHER AS A
COMPETITOR OR OBSERVER, I NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO I CAN PUT YOU ON
MY EMAIL LIST. EMAIL ME, DON'T PM, AT TEACHNDAD (ATT) AOL (DOTT) COM.

According to the organizer, campsites are pretty much wherever you can
find an open plot of land. Sites aren't marked. Thus, reservations
for campsites are not necessary. The registration is in person on
Saturday morning at a sign in table that is supposed to have signs
pointing to it. Registration is $25 or $30 dollars per participant.

There are 4 different classes, Pro, Expert, Sport, and Beginner. I
recommend you scope out the sections on Friday, or Saturday morning
before 9 am. to see what sections you can ride. Signs will mark
sections with the appropriate difficulty rating. You pick what level
you think you can both ride and feel challenged by, and then sign up
for that class. Rider meeting is at 9:45 am.

We will be competing against the bike trials riders, not in our own
class. Our goal is to make them cry for their mommies, once they see
what we can do on one wheel” – I paraphrase Maestro.

If you have any questions, email me.

CURRENT TEAM OF ONE MEMBERS INCLUDE

GerbleFranklin – Bevan
Maestro – Jason Heiman
Mango – Erik
XtrialsX – Jake Sprague

OBSERVERS/ RIDERS?
Teachndad – Rod Wylie
Corbin Dunn
Terry Bigwheel - Terry Peterson

*We are the TEAM of ONE! Who needs 2 wheels, anyway...*:)

All For ONE and ONE for ALL

Cheers.

--
teachndad

Rod Wylie 'MountainUnicyclingLA.com'
(http://www.mountainunicyclingla.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
'UnicycleRoundupLA.com/' (http://unicycleroundupla.com/)
teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

I just checked the weather forcast for Lake Isabella, where the
Keyesville trials are scheduled to take place this Saturday. It is
calling for RAIN both Friday and Saturday! Now, we ALL know that the
"weatherman" is not always right, but if it DOES rain on competition
day, will it simply be rescheduled, or will the show still go
on?:confused:

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

I'm not going, but if its raining, i say ride that place like there is
no tomorrow, the rain just adds to the whole experience, and if they
move it, i guess youll have to wait a little longer =p

--
Jerrick

What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

Terry brings up an important point.
I emailed the organizer and will post his response later.

I found this weather info at
http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Lake_Isabella.html

It shows 20 percent chance of rain on Saturday and 50 percent on
Friday. The important day is Saturday, the day of the comp. We'll see
how it changes as we get closer. But, check out the high and lows.
It'll be cold by So Cal standards.

--
The Munieer

Rod Wylie - Email teachndad (att) gmail(dott) com

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicycling.us)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Images'
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Greater-Los-Angeles-Trails)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)
The Munieer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/736

20 percent chance of rain isn't enough, for me, to call off going up to
Keyesville. I can sweat that, but the water may effect the sections,
in that, there may be pools of water that we will have to ride through.
Bring extra shoes, socks and pants.

BTW, the issue of moving the event is not mine to make. This is not my
event. I am just trying to gather some unicycle riders together to
compete within the event. This is a national bike trials competition,
so, I doubt that it will get moved.

As of this post, I still haven't heard back about Terry's rain
question.

Cheers!!

--

teachndad wrote:
> 20 percent chance of rain isn't enough, for me, to call off going up to
> Keyesville.

I'm going to keep my eye on the weather. Bevan and I may not come if
we're going to have to camp out in the rain... I'll email you if we
decide to cut out.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

maestro8 wrote:
> I'm going to keep my eye on the weather. Bevan and I may not come if
> we're going to have to camp out in the rain... I'll email you if we
> decide to cut out.

Camp out? Why not just come out on Saturday? There is an 80% chance
that it WON'T rain that day, but a bit more likely on Friday. I'll be
watching the weather too, and a few light showers won't keep me
away....unless all or most of the other uni-ers decide to bail, there
what's the point?:)

--

terrybigwheel wrote:
> Camp out? Why not just come out on Saturday?

We've got a considerable drive between here and there. I'd rather come
a day early, get a chance to preview the terrain, and get a halfway
decent rest the day before whooping some bike riders' butts. I won't
be a happy dude rolling out of bed before the sun comes up, driving
five hours, then getting thrown into a national event. :confused:

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

maestro8 wrote:
> We've got a considerable drive between here and there. I'd rather come
> a day early, get a chance to preview the terrain, and get a halfway
> decent rest the day before whooping some bike riders' butts. I won't
> be a happy dude rolling out of bed before the sun comes up, driving
> five hours, then getting thrown into a national event. :confused:

I hear ya. That's exactly why I'm leaving TWO days before the moab (Day
1 Friday) munifest so I can have at least one day to recover and rest
from the 12 hour drive!:p

--

teachndad wrote:
> 20 percent chance of rain isn't enough

I just checked the forecast, and that chance has been bumped to 40%.
Looks like the storm is a little behind schedule. This is not looking
good! :(

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

maestro8 wrote:
> I just checked the forecast, and that chance has been bumped to 40%.
> Looks like the storm is a little behind schedule. This is not looking
> good! :(

Man, I was really looking forward to having Jason and Bevan ride. Not
having you guys ride is worse than the storm rolling in. But, that
sucks too.

I have connections... I will see what I can do about the storm.;)

--

teachndad wrote:
> I have connections... I will see what I can do about the storm.;)

If that doesn't pull through, you could just erect a big tent over the
course. I'll wear my big shoes and a red nose and it'll really turn
into a circus :rolleyes:

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

So are there still enough riders going at this point? AT what percentage
of rain likeyhood do we all just say forget it and stay home? I have no
problem with 40% chance; that's still odds in our favor that it won't
rain at all! There really has to be enough riders commited to going or
as I said, what's the point?

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

The Delight clan, with 4 riders (Guy, Björn, Magnus and Olof) and one
observer (Marie), is still in! We are packing as we speak due to a busy
Thu evening.

I guess our "wimp threshold" is somewhere around a 60% chance of rain.

Of course, we have a room booked at the Kernville Inn, which might
raise our wimp factor by a good 20%.

Be there or be square!

Guy

--
LessIsMore

3 degrees of freedom
LessIsMore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6864

Guy just beat me too it.

Yep, Teachndad is still in too. Jake and Erik are still in - last I
heard. That's 7 of us still going for sure, plus Marie.

Even with the rain.

I am looking at 60 percent as well as the threshhold as well.

The organizer said in his last email to me (2 hours ago) that the gig
runs rain or shine. I will call him on Friday on his cell, for an eye
witness report late Friday.

TEAM OF ONE!!

All for ONE and ONE for all.