Californian Politics = Political Arsenal

on a lighter note that requires no knowledge of world bodybuilders, does anyone know how I could fit a alto or baritone saxophone on a bike for a 10+ mile ride? my duct-tape idea didnt work too well- new sax case and $250 repair. an alto sax case (the most feasible) is 3 feet long, 14" high, and 6" wide. Completely irrelevant, I know.

-JoJOjoJOjoJO

Darjevon said:
on a lighter note that requires no knowledge of world bodybuilders, does anyone know how I could fit a alto or baritone saxophone on a bike for a 10+ mile ride? my duct-tape idea didnt work too well- new sax case and $250 repair. an alto sax case (the most feasible) is 3 feet long, 14" high, and 6" wide. Completely irrelevant, I know.

-JoJOjoJOjoJO
I faced a similar problem two summers ago when cycling down to my music class in wisconsin. first of all you have to be more specific about whether its a alto or baritone sax that you have, the techniques for attaching the two to a pedal bike are complex and utterly different.

i suggest you get yourself down the local Homebase and get some araldite, 3m of fibreglass loft insulation, 4 house bricks, a baby cactus, a set of quaker garden furniture with lounger and some dulux brilliant white paint. And while you are it see if you can afford a mig welder. That should set you off in the right direction.

If you're a die-hard fan you could get to read me in the free media. Only 2 days ago I was in the papers but it would be telling if I informed you which one.
No, I don't know much about powerlifting in the U.S. Mostly I followed the bodybuilding scene of the eighties and met a few of the champs of the time, including Robby Robinson.
But I did live a couple of years in Russia and train over there.
"You are thick" is an opinionated statement as opposed to objective. The opinion isn't based on any objective research on your part so isn't really valid. This is why you could sure use some Socratic philosophy.

FredC said:
I thought you knew about World Champion Power lifters, and instructors in the USA. Why don't you just FO. You ARE thick. The more you write, the more we laugh at you.

Carrera said:
If you're a die-hard fan you could get to read me in the free media. Only 2 days ago I was in the papers but it would be telling if I informed you which one.
No, I don't know much about powerlifting in the U.S. Mostly I followed the bodybuilding scene of the eighties and met a few of the champs of the time, including Robby Robinson.
But I did live a couple of years in Russia and train over there.
"You are thick" is an opinionated statement as opposed to objective. The opinion isn't based on any objective research on your part so isn't really valid. This is why you could sure use some Socratic philosophy.
It says is all, doesn't it? You're always quoting from that worst of all newspapers The Daily Mail. FYI Tony Fitton was from 70's and 80's. Google him. OK then, how about Terry Phillips Mr Universe from Liverpool, and his coach Bob Memery? Same era. Just stick to topics you know something about, you used to write some good stuff.

Darjevon said:

-JoJOjoJOjoJO
Were you in 'One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest'?

Carrera said:
My opinion of you is an objective view based on researching and analysing your postings. If the study of Socrates has done this amount of damage to you, then I'll give it a swerve thank you. You stick to the subjective, and I'll live with being objective.

Ha! Got Ya!
I met Terry Phillips some time ago. I also met Bertil Fox who finally winded up on death row some time after he broke up with the Weiders. Shame about Bertil as he threw it all away (even worse than Tyson).
Then there was Serge Nubret of France who appeared with Arnie in the Olympia. Serge worked out with a friend of mine for a few sessions, as I recall.
But that was long ago and it would be nice to meet some of the cycling champs too. Would love to meet Big Mig as I lived in the same area of Spain as he did (Navarra).
Maybe the good stuff you refer to is my anti Iraq war articles. Yes, I'm against the war to this day but so is the Mail. The Mail is a mixture of liberal and conservative ideas and isn't quite so right-wing as you might think. O.K. Melanie Philips is a bit butch but Steven Glover is O.K.
I also read the Mirror under Piers Morgan and, in fact, the Mail and Mirror were in agreement over Iraq and dislike of Blair.
But I'm no guardian reader either.

FredC said:
It says is all, doesn't it? You're always quoting from that worst of all newspapers The Daily Mail. FYI Tony Fitton was from 70's and 80's. Google him. OK then, how about Terry Phillips Mr Universe from Liverpool, and his coach Bob Memery? Same era. Just stick to topics you know something about, you used to write some good stuff.

MountainPro said:
I faced a similar problem two summers ago when cycling down to my music class in wisconsin. first of all you have to be more specific about whether its a alto or baritone sax that you have, the techniques for attaching the two to a pedal bike are complex and utterly different.

i suggest you get yourself down the local Homebase and get some araldite, 3m of fibreglass loft insulation, 4 house bricks, a baby cactus, a set of quaker garden furniture with lounger and some dulux brilliant white paint. And while you are it see if you can afford a mig welder. That should set you off in the right direction.
i have both an alto AND a baritone, i switch between them, depending on what the music calls for. and, i certainly cant afford a mig welder

Carrera said:
Ha! Got Ya!
I met Terry Phillips some time ago.
What's this 'Ha! Got Ya!' mularkey?
Got me what? How old are you? Seven.
Well when I lived in Liverpool, I used to go to the Bingo with Terry at the Mecca.

FredC said:
What's this 'Ha! Got Ya!' mularkey?
Got me what? How old are you? Seven.
Well when I lived in Liverpool, I used to go to the Bingo with Terry at the Mecca.
Yeah he got you arlright....I met Lyle alzado does that count??? :rolleyes:

Darjevon said:

-JoJOjoJOjoJO
Its a "no-brainer" mate. Get one of these: http://www.bobgear.com/trailers/
Glad to be of service. :)

zapper said:
Yeah he got you arlright....I met Lyle alzado does that count??? :rolleyes:
Errrrrrrr. No. it only counts if Socrates had been at the Bingo with us, and chewed enough of those leaves. Now if Alzado wants to join he can have a chat with Terry and Bob. Tony Fitton doesn't like Bingo though, he got fed up with it in the Pen. social recreational hall. Now you have a good time with Carrera discussing body building, ya hear now.

FredC said:
Errrrrrrr. No. it only counts if Socrates had been at the Bingo with us, and chewed enough of those leaves. Now if Alzado wants to join he can have a chat with Terry and Bob. Tony Fitton doesn't like Bingo though, he got fed up with it in the Pen. social recreational hall. Now you have a good time with Carrera discussing body building, ya hear now.
No thanks...not in the mood for a one sided conversation...

Carrera said:
But that was long ago and it would be nice to meet some of the cycling champs too. Would love to meet Big Mig as I lived in the same area of Spain as he did (Navarra).

Pamplona-Tudela-Hueseca-San Sebastian.
Spent a week there last year - great part of the world.
Even went to Villava to find Indurains old club and got talking with the locals there.
Fascinating part of the world, I have to say.

I used to enjoy discos and drinking in the pueblos around Navarra. You have towns such as Cascante, Fustinana and Alfaro. In Tudela, there's a place called El Tubo which is a series of winding cobbled roads lit up by bars and discos. People stand in the streets with beer, making a lot of noise.
As for the big cities, my favourite was Zaragoza because of the girls who had a reputation for being gorgeous. There's a Spanish saying that goes, "Quien mas pica, mas goza en Zaragoza" which sort of means that if you like to play the field, it's best in Zaragoza.
Pamplona is Navarra province as you know while Zaragoza is Aragon.

limerickman said:
Pamplona-Tudela-Hueseca-San Sebastian.
Spent a week there last year - great part of the world.
Even went to Villava to find Indurains old club and got talking with the locals there.
Fascinating part of the world, I have to say.