Calling all cyclist's in East Yorkshire

Matt28

Jul 18, 2010
Hi,

I'm very new to cycling having only bought my first bike last week. I'm already reasonably fit and I'm dying to get out.

I live in Leven near Beverley and have no good routes to use. I'd like something that would avoid heavy traffic if possible in the most part. I was thinking of heading out towards Driffield but not really sure!

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Matt

not from east yorkshire (in york), but i would have thought a good area to start would be the back roads towards market weighton/pocklington,

Matt, I'm in Hornsea & I have a regular route via Mappleton/Hatfield/Withernwick but today I included Rise/Siggy.
These are all very quiet roads. You could get to the same area via Riston or Catwick. It just depends on how far you want to go & whether you mind covering the miles without going far from home.

Ig

wow this thread takes me back. I played a county seconds game at Hull. Awesome ground.
I wasnt based so far east (I was near york). I used to ride my bike to the gym and would take various lanes through farming land. It was insane. There are no 'shoulders' and almost ever 5 minutes some nutter farmer in his beat up vauxhall hatchback would come thundering past nearly killing me.

I actually found being on bigger busier roads was more enjoyable and safer!

Find a local group and tag along with them.