Calling all Kiwis (New Zelanders)....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ::dom::, Apr 30, 2006.

1. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

I left a similar post in the Bike Café but I didn't get much joy.

I'll be in Auckland for the weekend (5-9 May) with bike in tow and I'm looking good rides/routes. I've never been to NZ before so I'd appreciate a point in the right direction. I'll be in the Newmarket area.

Cheers

Tags:

2. rooman

rooman New Member

not a Kiwi, been to Auckland heaps, roads are generally narrower than might be experienced in Oz, limited shoulder, some bike paths here and there, plenty of bike lanes on or near some of the major arterials and very picktchaskew scenery around..especially over on the north shore ( devonport, birkenhead) lots of hills, its a bit like Sydney 20 years ago with lots of mini SUVs and diesel trucks.

Hopefully you will get some more helpful info from a local who knows the groups and bunches if that's what you want...

country roads are open, can be windy, and generally not all that wide with gravel shoulders...

take your woollies, good lights and high reflective gear...enjoy the cheapest duty free Airport booze shops outside Vanuatu

3. ::dom::

::dom:: New Member

Thanks Roo

I DO have a friend in Auckland and he's a keen cyclist. I've contact him and he said he'd show me the roads around town this weekend. I'll try and get to the North Shore as well