Calling Jaguar 75, please check in re Katrina

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by Hypnospin, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Hypnospin

Hypnospin New Member

our member Jaguar 75 mentions being a New Orleans, louisiana resident.

i'm sure there may be more of you as well,

please check in and let us know you are ok when you get the chance...

we are hoping the best for you and yours.

Tags:

2. jaguar75

jaguar75 New Member

Hi all. Today is actually the first day that I have had access to the internet. I was in a hotel on Bourbon Street during the storm and did not actually evacuate until Wed when the city officials made us. I spent 2 days driving to get to Colorado where my buddy's family owns a condo. The rest of my family evacuated days before the storm but I was not able to leave with them. I was walking around downtown and have some amazing video and pictures. In the near future when I can return home I will post them here so you folks can see them. It was very surreal walking around the city only hours after the storm passed. There was just debris and destruction everywhere. It looked like a war zone. I was able to see arial photographs today and confirmed that my house was intact but a tree and my car occupy the same space in my driveway. :( . I fared considerably better than my friend who confirmed today that he lost both his house and rental property. Most of my friends have lost everything. The worst part is the waiting. I do not know when I will be able to go home.

I will say this...PLEASE do not believe everything you are seeing on the media. They are not getting it right, Though the situation is desperate the way the media is placing blame and showing only what they want you to see to support their cause is just not right and not necessary right now. Please do not form an opinion or join the media bandwagon, there are a lot of people that need real help. Please send money or whatever you can and just keep praying or keep everyone in your thoughts especiall since there is still over one month left of the hurricane season.

Thank you for creating this thread and thinking about us. It really made me feel good when I logged in and saw it. :)

3. EoinC

EoinC New Member

Good to hear that you are OK, Jag. It may seem a little pithy to say it, but material possessions are repairable / replaceable. Our families and friends are not. What matters now is how you are all going to come back from this. My thoughts are with you.

4. Chance3290

Chance3290 New Member

Yeah Jag, its good to hear that you're ok. Our thoughts are with you.

5. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Indeed it is good to hear that you're safe after that horrific storm.

and Eoin C is correct - material possessions are that, material possessions.
    Replacable.

One cannot replace human life.

6. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

Good to see you and yours are all well Jag...:)