calories in vitamin pills

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by John Sankey, Mar 28, 2005.

  1. John Sankey

    John Sankey Guest

    Has anyone found a site that gives an idea of how many calories there
    typically are in these things? I know several people who are taking a
    dozen a day of various sorts while starving themselves to lose
    weight, and I recall a poster here a while ago who had a list pages
    long. Just curious.

    Tags:

  2. Cubit

    Cubit Guest

    I've been curious about that too.

    For my omega 3 I count 1 gram of fat per capsule in my diet software. I
    also take several grams of an amino acid. I show those as grams of protein,
    but I'm not sure if that is the right way to log it. On the other dozen
    pills, I have no idea how to log their caloric value.

    "John Sankey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Has anyone found a site that gives an idea of how many calories there
    > typically are in these things? I know several people who are taking a
    > dozen a day of various sorts while starving themselves to lose
    > weight, and I recall a poster here a while ago who had a list pages
    > long. Just curious.

  3. MMu

    MMu Guest

    > Has anyone found a site that gives an idea of how many calories there
    > typically are in these things? I know several people who are taking a
    > dozen a day of various sorts while starving themselves to lose
    > weight, and I recall a poster here a while ago who had a list pages
    > long. Just curious.

    since most of these vitamin pills contain traces of fat (and maybe some
    caloric filler) you could calculate something between 1 and 4 calories for a
    vitamin pill I'd say. although, on your place, i'd forget about that-
    caloric value of food in tables/computer programs is not that exact (think
    of _at least_ +/-15% for an individual food item).