Calories + Jogging

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by np426z, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. np426z

    np426z Guest

    Tags:

  2. \El Paisano\

    \El Paisano\ Guest

  3. Dan Glyn

    Dan Glyn Guest

    "Ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm quite new to jogging and I was wandering what effect calories have on
    > performance (if any at all).
    >
    > Thanks for any info,

    Um, yes.

  4. Ed

    Ed Guest

    Hello,

    I'm quite new to jogging and I was wandering what effect calories have on
    performance (if any at all).

    Thanks for any info,

  5. Dot

    Dot Guest

    Ed wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm quite new to jogging and I was wandering what effect calories have on
    > performance (if any at all).

    about the same effect as fuel in your auto

  6. Yes, what exactly do you mean - I agree, same as fuel for your car but also,
    use the analogy of regular vs. unleaded - you could not put regular into an
    unleaded only vehicle, just the same as you should use "quality" calories
    for fuel instead of junk. Or, did you mean something else altogether?
    "Ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm quite new to jogging and I was wandering what effect calories have on
    > performance (if any at all).
    >
    > Thanks for any info,

  7. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    I think your trying to ask, will it help burn calories? And you know the
    answer is yet. What is great is it will help burn calories even after
    you run, it raises your metabolism. It will also improve your mood.

    Linda and Pete wrote:

    > Yes, what exactly do you mean - I agree, same as fuel for your car but also,
    > use the analogy of regular vs. unleaded - you could not put regular into an
    > unleaded only vehicle, just the same as you should use "quality" calories
    > for fuel instead of junk. Or, did you mean something else altogether?
    > "Ed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I'm quite new to jogging and I was wandering what effect calories have on
    >>performance (if any at all).
    >>
    >>Thanks for any info,

  8. rick++

    rick++ Guest

    > I think your trying to ask, will it help burn calories? And you know the
    > answer is yet. What is great is it will help burn calories even after
    > you run, it raises your metabolism. It will also improve your mood.

    For beginners, yes. Physically fit people return to regular metabolism
    quickly.

  9. >For beginners, yes. Physically fit people return to regular metabolism
    >quickly.

    This is true, but only to a degree. A real runners metabolism return to normal,
    is quite different than "normal" in a sedentary person. I think once your fit
    you just don't notice it as much.

  10. dave d

    dave d Guest

    "TheBillRodgerz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >For beginners, yes. Physically fit people return to regular metabolism
    > >quickly.
    > >

    > This is true, but only to a degree. A real runners metabolism return to

    normal,
    > is quite different than "normal" in a sedentary person. I think once your

    fit
    > you just don't notice it as much.

    What is this increased metabolism about anyway? I figure some of it is it
    energy used for muscle repair. Maybe one component is an evolved state
    designed to keep the energy level up for quick fight or flight. There are
    probably hundreds of dissertation studies quantifying exactly how much extra
    energy is burned after working out. Details, anyone?

  11. One particularly nasty day on Usenet, "No" said:
    >What is this increased metabolism about anyway? I figure some of it is it
    >energy used for muscle repair. Maybe one component is an evolved state
    >designed to keep the energy level up for quick fight or flight. There are
    >probably hundreds of dissertation studies quantifying exactly how much extra
    >energy is burned after working out. Details, anyone?

    You just had to go and open this can of worms again, didn't you? ;?)~
    Well it's probably a combination of the things you mention, and a lot of other
    things too. Yes there are studys galore on either side of the fence. Personally
    I only know that without a minimum of an hour a day of running, I'd be the star
    troll on "Rec.fatpeopleover300lbs" instead of here.