Came into the 21st century.

Mark Thompson
<pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com> of NTL
wrote:

>> Has anyone else used a new piece of simple
>> kit that has made a noticeable difference to their cycling enjoyment?

>Eeek, loads:
>
>Baseball cap in the rain
>Fleece hat that covers ears and scarfy thing round neck in the cold
>Clipless pedals
>STI levers
>Windproof top
>Panniers instead of rucksack
>Dual pivot brake calipers
>Pockets round back of top
>Map with countours on
>Floor pump
>Cake

You forgot the wondrous rain protecting brimmed hat.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

> I'm looking for a nice fleece that doesn't look too sporty or bikey.

Saw something that fitted the bill a couple of months ago. Was a
windproof, water resistant top that was fleecy, but not too fleecy (if you
know what I mean). Long sleeves and a small tail at the back made it a
good cut for cycling.

They don't seem to sell it any more, but this looks sort of similar. For
£100 (eeek) I think you'd need to try it on first thobut.

<url:www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/Cat/106969?Ref=>

(If the link doesn't work, it's a 'Mountain Equipment Windstopper Guide
Jacket' product code 16025112009.)

Erik Sandblom wrote:
> Den 2006-05-30 13:19:11 skrev mikef <[email protected]>:
> > Knee warmers. Great for the in-between weather at this time of year.
> > They do what they say on the tin and you can stuff them in a pocket
> > when you've warmed up.

> Can you wear them under long trousers?

Can do, although it needs to be seriously cold for that.

i artikel [email protected], skrev mikef
[email protected] den 06-05-31 13.12:

> Erik Sandblom wrote:
>> Den 2006-05-30 13:19:11 skrev mikef <[email protected]>:
>>> Knee warmers. Great for the in-between weather at this time of year.
>>> They do what they say on the tin and you can stuff them in a pocket
>>> when you've warmed up.

>> Can you wear them under long trousers?

> Can do, although it needs to be seriously cold for that.

Not for me, I shiver easily :)

Plus I came into spinning too late, my knees creak when they get cold.

--
Erik Sandblom
my site is EriksRailNews.com