camelbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alastair Maxwel

Hi

whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

Alastair

S

Simon

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Hi
|
| whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
|
| Alastair
|

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

S

Simon

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Hi
|
| whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
|
| Alastair
|

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

P

Peter

Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

Peter - staunch supporter of Cascade Designs

G

Gabrielle

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:48:59 -0800, top-postin' Bob wrote:

> wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz
>
> bob

Well, I much prefer the anise flavor of Ouzo, but that's purely personal taste.

> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Hi
>>
>> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
>>
>> Alastair

Seriously: Usually a solution of baking soda will improve stuff like that. I used about a teaspoon
in my 72 oz-er. Fill it the rest of the way with hot water, let it sit there for a couple of
hours, rinse.

Note: Some people seem to be more sensitive to the "plastic" taste than others. SO notices it much
more than I.

HTH gabrielle

C

crazy6r54

Soak over night with bleach, flush out really good.

Fire up MTB 03

J

John Morgan

> Hi
>
> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't need
to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
bacteria that might grow in the bladder.

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

W

Westie

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
>
> Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
> need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
> bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
>
> -John Morgan
> --
> To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
>

Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a bottle
brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them live their
lives.... Westie

J

Jeff Engel

pee in it!

Alastair Maxwell wrote:

> Hi
>
> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
>
> Alastair

R

R.White

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
> >
> > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
> > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys
> > any bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
> >
> > -John Morgan
> > --
> > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
> >
>
>
> Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a
> bottle brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them
> live their lives....

Sounds like you're got Sea Monkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.