camelbacks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Alastair Maxwel, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi

whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

Alastair

Tags:

2. Bob

Bob Guest

wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz

bob "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

3. Simon

Simon Guest

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hi
    |
    | whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    |
    | Alastair
    |

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
    people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
    come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

4. Simon

Simon Guest

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hi
    |
    | whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    |
    | Alastair
    |

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
    people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
    come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

5. Zebu

Zebu Guest

6. Wayne

Wayne Guest

Mint Mouthwash!

Wayne

> Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

7. Peter

Peter Guest

Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

Peter

8. Peter

Peter Guest

Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

Peter - staunch supporter of Cascade Designs

9. Gabrielle

Gabrielle Guest

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:48:59 -0800, top-postin' Bob wrote:

> wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz
    >
    > bob

Well, I much prefer the anise flavor of Ouzo, but that's purely personal taste.

> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >>
    >> Alastair

Seriously: Usually a solution of baking soda will improve stuff like that. I used about a teaspoon
    in my 72 oz-er. Fill it the rest of the way with hot water, let it sit there for a couple of
    hours, rinse.

Note: Some people seem to be more sensitive to the "plastic" taste than others. SO notices it much
    more than I.

HTH gabrielle

10. crazy6r54

crazy6r54 Guest

Soak over night with bleach, flush out really good.

Fire up MTB 03

11. John Morgan

John Morgan Guest

> Hi
    >

Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't need
    to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
    bacteria that might grow in the bladder.

-John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

12. Westie

Westie Guest

> Hi
    >
    >
    > Alastair
    >
    >

Lemon juice.

Westie :-o

13. Westie

Westie Guest

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
    > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
    > bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
    >
    > -John Morgan
    > --
    > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
    >

Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a bottle
    brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them live their
    lives.... Westie

14. Shaun Rimmer

Shaun Rimmer Guest

Peter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

My Platypus tasted awfully of plastic when I got it, and even now, whatever is sat in the tube for
    longer than 5 minutes tastes foul.

Shaun aRe

15. Ol' Biker

Ol' Biker Guest

16. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Guest

pee in it!

Alastair Maxwell wrote:

> Hi
    >
    >
    > Alastair

17. R.White

R.White Guest

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    > >
    > > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
    > > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys
    > > any bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
    > >
    > > -John Morgan
    > > --
    > > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
    > >
    >
    >
    > Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a
    > bottle brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them
    > live their lives....

Sounds like you're got Sea Monkeys.

18. Xabel

Xabel Guest

Hi,

A mixture of water and lemon, for 24 hours.

Regards from Spain Xabel

> Hi
    >
    >
    > Alastair