camelbacks

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Alastair Maxwel, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. Hi

    whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

    Alastair

    Tags:

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz

    bob "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hi
    |
    | whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    |
    | Alastair

    Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
    people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

    Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
    come in handy too.

    Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

  4. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Hi
    |
    | whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    |
    | Alastair

    Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
    people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

    Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
    come in handy too.

    Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

  5. Zebu

    Zebu Guest

  6. Wayne

    Wayne Guest

    Mint Mouthwash!

    Wayne

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

    Peter

  8. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

    Peter - staunch supporter of Cascade Designs

  9. Gabrielle

    Gabrielle Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:48:59 -0800, top-postin' Bob wrote:

    > wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz
    >
    > bob

    Well, I much prefer the anise flavor of Ouzo, but that's purely personal taste.

    > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >>
    >> Alastair

    Seriously: Usually a solution of baking soda will improve stuff like that. I used about a teaspoon
    in my 72 oz-er. Fill it the rest of the way with hot water, let it sit there for a couple of
    hours, rinse.

    Note: Some people seem to be more sensitive to the "plastic" taste than others. SO notices it much
    more than I.

    HTH gabrielle

  10. crazy6r54

    crazy6r54 Guest

    Soak over night with bleach, flush out really good.

    Fire up MTB 03

  11. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

    Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't need
    to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
    bacteria that might grow in the bladder.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  12. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

    Lemon juice.

    Westie :-o

  13. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
    > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
    > bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
    >
    > -John Morgan
    > --
    > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

    Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a bottle
    brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them live their
    lives.... Westie

  14. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Peter <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

    My Platypus tasted awfully of plastic when I got it, and even now, whatever is sat in the tube for
    longer than 5 minutes tastes foul.

    Shaun aRe

  15. Ol' Biker

    Ol' Biker Guest

  16. Jeff Engel

    Jeff Engel Guest

    pee in it!

    Alastair Maxwell wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    >
    > Alastair

  17. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
    > >
    > > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
    > > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys
    > > any bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
    > >
    > > -John Morgan
    > > --
    > > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
    > >

    > Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a
    > bottle brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them
    > live their lives....

    Sounds like you're got Sea Monkeys.

  18. Xabel

    Xabel Guest

    Hi,

    A mixture of water and lemon, for 24 hours.

    Regards from Spain Xabel