camelbacks

Alastair Maxwel

Guest
Hi

whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

Alastair

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Hi
|
| whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
|
| Alastair

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Hi
|
| whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
|
| Alastair

Flush it with water, more water, more water and then after that.........flush it with water. Some
people fill it with water and leave it for a day or two then flush some more.

Also I personbally use "Milton Baby Fluid" to clean my camleback once a month or so. Bottle brushes
come in handy too.

Simon.........Feeling a little flushed!

Return it and buy Platypus. ;-)

Peter - staunch supporter of Cascade Designs

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:48:59 -0800, top-postin' Bob wrote:

> wild turkey whiskey-----100 oz
>
> bob

Well, I much prefer the anise flavor of Ouzo, but that's purely personal taste.

> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Hi
>>
>> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
>>
>> Alastair

Seriously: Usually a solution of baking soda will improve stuff like that. I used about a teaspoon
in my 72 oz-er. Fill it the rest of the way with hot water, let it sit there for a couple of
hours, rinse.

Note: Some people seem to be more sensitive to the "plastic" taste than others. SO notices it much
more than I.

HTH gabrielle

Soak over night with bleach, flush out really good.

Fire up MTB 03

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi
>
> whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?

Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't need
to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
bacteria that might grow in the bladder.

-John Morgan
--
To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Hi
> >
> > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
>
> Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
> need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys any
> bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
>
> -John Morgan
> --
> To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a bottle
brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them live their
lives.... Westie

pee in it!

"Westie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > whats the best way to get rid of the horible taste of plastic from a new camelback?
> >
> > Dunno, the water here tastes so bad anyway, it covers up the plastic taste completely! I don't
> > need to ever clean my camelbak because the chlorine content is so high it immediately destroys
> > any bacteria that might grow in the bladder.
> >
> > -John Morgan
> > --
> > To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.
> >

> Bacteria? I think that I got a whole new form of life goin' on in mine. Gonna poke 'em with a
> bottle brush one day and evict 'em from that tube.... Until then it's fascinating watching them
> live their lives....

Sounds like you're got Sea Monkeys.