Camelbak mule question

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ctg, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    Trevor S <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > It is dark here at 6pm and it is winter and the max is about 17 C.

    There is something I always wanted to know about the southern hemisphere:

    1- Does gravity make your blood rush to your head?

    2- and do toilets really flush counter clockwise?

    -Dave

  2. > > note, in my upper mesh pocket, i usually carry my wallet (Licence for ID in case of bad crash,
    > > and cause it is better than the back pocket and safer than leaving it in the car), my cell phone
    > > (in case of a bad crash... where i am still conscious. note to others, when riding alone,
    > > _always_ tell somebody where you are going and expected return),
    >
    > What happens if you live on your own?

    Leave a post on here, and if we don't get a RR within say 2 - 3 weeks we'll send Shaun out to
    have a gander.

    Steve E.

  3. Trevor S

    Trevor S Guest

    [email protected] (Dave Stocker) wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    <snip>

    > 1- Does gravity make your blood rush to your head?

    No we stand the correct way up, it is YOU guys who are upside down ;) oh wait, did you mean
    penis ? :)

    > 2- and do toilets really flush counter clockwise?

    No, this is a minomer. We don't flush toilets we crap in a doggie type bag and then export our waste
    to the USA, they then sell it as MacDonalds :) Thus the expression "jus' chewin' the shit !"

    Trevor S

  4. "Trevor S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Dave Stocker) wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > > 1- Does gravity make your blood rush to your head?
    >
    > No we stand the correct way up, it is YOU guys who are upside down ;) oh wait, did you mean
    > penis ? :)
    >
    > > 2- and do toilets really flush counter clockwise?
    >
    > No, this is a minomer. We don't flush toilets we crap in a doggie type bag and then export our
    > waste to the USA, they then sell it as MacDonalds :) Thus the expression "jus' chewin' the shit !"

    ROFLMAO

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Paladin <[email protected]> wrote in message

    <snipz>

    > laundry list of crap.

    Dirty laundry list?

    Shaun aRe

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > > note, in my upper mesh pocket, i usually carry my wallet (Licence for
    ID
    > > > in case of bad crash, and cause it is better than the back pocket and safer than leaving it in
    > > > the car), my cell phone (in case of a bad crash... where i am still conscious. note to others,
    > > > when riding
    alone,
    > > > _always_ tell somebody where you are going and expected return),
    > >
    > > What happens if you live on your own?
    >
    > Leave a post on here, and if we don't get a RR within say 2 - 3 weeks
    we'll
    > send Shaun out to have a gander.

    about looking for Trav?!?!?!? - I'm off down the pub, stuff it.

  7. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > It is ten days to the summer solstice, it gets dark after 10PM and you people are talking
    > about LIGHTS?

    We night ride all year long, no matter what time of the season it is, sometimes we even go
    after 10pm.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  8. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Dave Stocker <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > "Technician" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Ahh, i see. i failed to see from that perspective as you can most likely guess. But being out in
    > > semi-country, i see dark about an hour, maybe an hour and a half earlier than 10pm.
    > > --
    >
    > Actually being in the country has nothing to do with it. Your sunset time is determined by your
    > latitude and your longitudal position (i.e. how far west you are) within the time zone. You are at
    > about 44 North. I have a few degrees on latitude over you (49N) so I have a longer day at the
    > moment. When I lived in Northern NY (Potsdam NY is almost due west of Farmington
    > ME), sunset was in the 9-9:30 range.
    >
    > -Dave

    So you are telling me i am wrong, when you live many hundreds of miles away? Take note that you have
    no idea of any other factors involved. My claim was based on direct observation. there is no
    science, or math required, except that i glanced at my watch (that is kept up to date with my
    computer, that is also kept up to date with an atomic time server).
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  9. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...

    > ID
    > alone,
    > > >
    > > > What happens if you live on your own?
    > >
    > > Leave a post on here, and if we don't get a RR within say 2 - 3 weeks
    > we'll
    > > send Shaun out to have a gander.
    >

    > about looking for Trav?!?!?!? - I'm off down the pub, stuff it.

    Gee, nice friend you are.
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  10. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > >
    > > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...

    > > ID
    > > alone,

    > > > Leave a post on here, and if we don't get a RR within say 2 - 3 weeks
    > > we'll
    > > > send Shaun out to have a gander.

    talking
    > > about looking for Trav?!?!?!? - I'm off down the pub, stuff it.
    > >

    > Gee, nice friend you are.

    scum-bag.

    Shaun aRe - I don't like anybody.

  11. Technician

    Technician Guest

    Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> spoke thusly...

    > Technician <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> spoke thusly...
    > > >
    > > > spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    > for
    > > > ID
    > and
    > > > alone,

    > > > we'll
    > > >

    > talking
    > > > about looking for Trav?!?!?!? - I'm off down the pub, stuff it.
    > > >

    > > Gee, nice friend you are.
    >

    > scum-bag.
    >

    > Shaun aRe - I don't like anybody.

    awww, see, i knew you cared ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/

  12. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

  13. Ctg

    Ctg Guest

    > "ctg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Does the mule have enought storage capacity to carry a water-bottle
    battery
    > > for a helmet light?
    >
    > It all depends on what else you normally carry and whether or not you wish to leave a larger item
    > behind. Having "stuff" flop all over your pack, or tied on every which way makes for an unbalanced
    > pack and could be detrimental you your own balance. This is especially true for heavier items,
    > like one of those ungainly water bottle shaped batteries.
    >
    > JD

    That's what I was wondering, I'm used to my HAWG where everything just sinks to the bottom. I'm
    thinking of the MULE as a gift for my brother (and he better not be reading this post) and the
    battery could be a factor in the decision. His lights don't have a helmet mount yet but if he does
    get a helmet mount I want the MULE to be up to the job.

    Chris

  14. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Trevor S" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...

    > No, this is a minomer. We don't flush toilets we crap in a doggie type bag and then export our
    > waste to the USA, they then sell it as MacDonalds :) Thus the expression "jus' chewin' the shit !"

    I always wondered why the Bic Mac tastes vaugely of Vegamite...

    Actually we re-export it all over the world. People comnplain that McDonalds tastes like shit, but
    hey still eat it. The power of marketing.

    -Dave

  15. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    "Technician" <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:[email protected]...

    > So you are telling me i am wrong, when you live many hundreds of miles away?

    Thousands of miles away actually...

    >Take note that you have no idea of any other factors involved. My claim was based on direct
    >observation. there is no science, or math required, except that i glanced at my watch (that is kept
    >up to date with my computer, that is also kept up to date with an atomic time server).

    Whoaaa Travis, I was only talking about sunset. As in when the sun dips below the horizon. This is
    deterministic. The length of the day is determined by your latutude and date. Now if time zones were
    not a factor, the sun would be at it's highest point (transit) at 12:00PM (mid-day).

    This can be calculated at: http://aa.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_pap.pl

    Farmington, Franklin County, Maine (longitude W70.1, latitude N44.7): Begin civil twilight 4:18 a.m.
    Sunrise 4:55 a.m. Sun transit 12:41 p.m. Sunset 8:27 p.m. End civil twilight 9:04 p.m.

    Potsdam, St. Lawrence County, New York (longitude W75.0, latitude N44.7): Begin civil twilight 4:37
    a.m. Sunrise 5:14 a.m. Sun transit 1:00 p.m. Sunset 8:47 p.m. End civil twilight 9:24 p.m.

    Potsdam is at exactly the same latitude as Farmington and the length of the day is the same, but
    Potsdam sits 5° west in the same time zone. So everything in Potsdam lags Farmington by 20
    minutes. Now how much light pollution is in a certain place is a different story. ;-) (Potsdam
    aslo has dark skies)

    BTW- for where I live right now Rauenberg-Rotenberg, Germany (longitude E8.7, latitude N49.3): Begin
    civil twilight 04:36 Sunrise 05:19 Sun transit 13:25 Sunset 21:32 End civil twilight 22:15

    The length of my day is only about 40 min longer, but because the CET timezone is enormous,
    encompasing most of western Europe, I sit quite far west in it. I have a sun transit of 1:35PM,
    which gives me quite a bit of extra evening sun.

    -Dave

  16. Trevor S

    Trevor S Guest

    "Dave Stocker" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    <snip>

    > People comnplain that McDonalds tastes like shit, but hey still eat it. The power of marketing.

    Just like "The Theory of Relativity", another one of those things I will never understand :)

    Trevor S

  17. Gyp

    Gyp Guest

    Dave Stocker wrote:
    > Actually we re-export it all over the world. People comnplain that McDonalds tastes like shit, but
    > hey still eat it. The power of marketing.

    Indeedy, its been a while since I've eaten at McDonalds, but from what I can remember its hard to
    believe its accualy made from beef...

    Personaly I like my beef to taste of beef....Not soggy cardboard..

    Gyp

  18. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "Gyp" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Dave Stocker wrote:
    > > Actually we re-export it all over the world. People comnplain that McDonalds tastes like shit,
    > > but hey still eat it. The power of marketing.
    >
    > Indeedy, its been a while since I've eaten at McDonalds, but from what I can remember its hard to
    > believe its accualy made from beef...
    >
    > Personaly I like my beef to taste of beef....Not soggy cardboard..

    I think the worst of theirs that I tried was that short lived sourdough burger. That was sooo foul.
    I could only eat three bites before tossing it. Yuck.

    --
    Cameron