Camelbak Omega Reservoirs

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Huw Pritchard, Apr 14, 2003.

  1. So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones with
    the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this standard
    behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

  2. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

    another new use for winged maxis: bladder leakage.

    Penny

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

    It's just Huw.

    Bill "actually, mine doesn't have the black handle thing so maybe it isn't Huw" S.

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

    Pretty standard issue of O-Ring not seating.

  5. John G

    John G Guest

    Penny S. wrote:
    > Huw Pritchard wrote:
    >
    >>So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    >>with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    >>standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?
    >

    > another new use for winged maxis: bladder leakage.

    Thanks for sharing....... Don't you squaw's have some hides to chew or something.

  6. Huw Pritchard wrote:
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

    If its got the one with the long handle instead of the wide shorty handle, then contact camelbak.
    They'll give you the new one - its a lot stiffer, so it holds the o-ring a lot better. I had this
    problem too, and that fixed it right up.

    Jon Bond

  7. Fredzep

    Fredzep Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?
    >
    > --
    > Huw Pritchard Replace bounce with huw to reply by mail

    Mine has leaked a few times on the way to the ride and a few times during a ride. I thought that it
    wasn't tight enough but after reading this thread it is probably defective.

    Fredzep

  8. Bloocow

    Bloocow Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So, my Camelbak has just weed all over my back. It seems that the Omega reservoir (the new ones
    > with the black carry handle and the large screw in stopper) leaks through the stopper. Is this
    > standard behaviour, or is it just me with a bladder problem?

    I have the same problem for about a year now. Will contact camelbak as Jon suggested.

    bloocow.