Cameras, Big Brother

bikerboy

Aug 3, 2003
I would be interested to see if any pro team, continental pro or pro tour could operate while being followed by cameras, 24/7 all season long. Every rider would always be watched, but not impeded by these hidden cameras. The riders would know about it, but it would not impede them in any way. Could they operate without drugs? The UCI would never let these guys ride in the ProTour, I mean, think of the bad publicity and public outrage when they see these guys finishing in the last placed and DNF'ing left and right. I think that there must be 1 or 2 guys in the pro ranks that dont dope, just vitamins and protein powder in their oatmeal. Am I right?

bikerboy said:
I would be interested to see if any pro team, continental pro or pro tour could operate while being followed by cameras, 24/7 all season long. Every rider would always be watched, but not impeded by these hidden cameras. The riders would know about it, but it would not impede them in any way. Could they operate without drugs? The UCI would never let these guys ride in the ProTour, I mean, think of the bad publicity and public outrage when they see these guys finishing in the last placed and DNF'ing left and right. I think that there must be 1 or 2 guys in the pro ranks that dont dope, just vitamins and protein powder in their oatmeal. Am I right?
I don't know, but I would hope there are at least a few honest riders out there. That is an idea though, follow a team that has been excelling and see how they do with no doping... too bad it'll never happen

runner_guy2381 said:
That is an idea though, follow a team that has been excelling and see how they do with no doping... too bad it'll never happen

According to Pro Cycling magazine Ivano Fanini wants his Div 2 Amore e Vita team to be subject of a Big Brother-inspired series to run during the 2007 season. He hoped to secure the backing of a major TV company as soon as possible. I'll check this one out.