cameras & videos

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by musketman, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. musketman

    musketman Guest

    Iam going to get a camera soon, what camera is a good one thats not to
    cunfusing and can put vids on the forum?

    I dont know 1 thing about posting vids or pics or anything. What do i
    need? I heard i have to install some kind of movie maker on my computer
    to edit vids is this true? if so where can i get this CD? Does it come
    with the camera?

    When its all said and done and i have some clips in the camera and a
    movie maker thingy installed into my computer what do i do? is there
    some kind of wires that i plug into the camera then into the computer
    to "translate" the clips into the computer video maker for editing?

    Then when i have it all edited in the vid maker program how do you post
    it on this forum?

    Try your best to answer some of these questions because im lost in this
    whole vid making world.

    ;)

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  2. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    For the editing progams i just googled "programs for video editing" then
    i downloaded a nice simple program that can put music to the vids,
    slow-motion shots and add all those video effects, you can also make
    the green screan effect with it the one i used is called "Video edit
    magic 4.1" there thats one of your questions answered

    --
    Radical Reed

    If at first you don't suceed, distroy all evidence that you tried

    the main reason santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad
    girls live.
    Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

  3. If you have Windows XP it comes with Windows Movie maker, that's an
    easy-to-use program, I like it.

    In WMM you hook the video camera to the computer, and a window should
    come up that asks you if you want to upload video.

    I suggest that at the splace were you finally buy said camera, that you
    talk with the salesperson, ask lots of questions, 'what do I need to do
    this?' etc. We bought our video camera at Best Buy and would have been
    lost if he hadn't told us everything we needed to do.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    I do not believe in computer programers.
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    "If I am ever that good I will be in a constant state of crapping my
    pants." ~ koebwil

  4. having made a movie already, and working on my next, first with a
    panasonic, now with a sony, and having worked as a videocamera salesman
    at Futureshop.... (getting to play with all the stuff at all price
    ranges)

    I would recommend, at whatever pricerange you are looking at, go with
    the Sony.

    The touch screen they have (including the zoom buttons on the flip out
    viewfinder) and their clearer shots in lower light settings make this a
    great video camera. having a touch screen menu is incredible, what a
    great feature.

    Sony makes fantastic video cameras, handsdown.

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  5. squeegy

    squeegy Guest

  6. musketman

    musketman Guest

    squeegy wrote:
    > Radical Reed, what link did you click on google? if you can remeber...

    if your looking for the video edit magic 4.1 then just put "video edit
    magic 4.1" in the web google search

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  7. Seager

    Seager Guest

    Brian MacKenzie wrote:
    > having made a movie already, and working on my next, first with a
    > panasonic, now with a sony, and having worked as a videocamera salesman
    > at Futureshop.... (getting to play with all the stuff at all price
    > ranges)
    >
    > I would recommend, at whatever pricerange you are looking at, go with
    > the Sony.
    >
    > The touch screen they have (including the zoom buttons on the flip out
    > viewfinder) and their clearer shots in lower light settings make this a
    > great video camera. having a touch screen menu is incredible, what a
    > great feature.
    >
    > Sony makes fantastic video cameras, handsdown.

    any experience with the panasonic pv-gs250? The reviews I've read say
    it's the best in it's class. The gs300 comes out in March and is
    supposed to be the next version of the same price level.

    --
    Seager

    'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
    Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
    (http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
    Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

  8. Seager wrote:
    > any experience with the panasonic pv-gs250? The reviews I've read say
    > it's the best in it's class. The gs300 comes out in March and is
    > supposed to be the next version of the same price level.

    My original Panasonic was an Sg-120 (used to film TWNR) and I was quite
    pleased with it...although the pictures are not as clear as I was
    hoping...for example you can't really make out people's features if
    they are in the background. I have no experience with this particular
    model, realistically, any 3ccd camera is going to look nice, and they
    have come along way in 2 model years, and I'm sure you will be very
    happy with it.

    The superior functionality of the Sony models have heavily biased my
    opinions though. the sony models also seem to offer better quality
    batteries, although I don't have first hand comparrisons of them

    Simple summary...if it's 3ccd, it's going to be a beautiful picture. I
    was happy with my panasonic, and I'm sure the newer versions are even
    better.

    It's just like unicycles...you can't just buy 'the best one' :)

    a great place to further research prior to buying would be
    www.videouniversity.com (the unicyclist.com of the video community!)

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

  9. squeegy

    squeegy Guest

  10. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    well it gives you a 30 day trial period then you have to buy it.. or
    just download the trial again like me;)

    --
    Radical Reed

    If at first you don't suceed, distroy all evidence that you tried

    the main reason santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad
    girls live.
    Radical Reed's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10427

  11. Radical Reed

    Radical Reed Guest

    http://www.deskshare.com/vem_reviews.aspx theres the link to video edit
    magic 4.1 if any one wants it, i highly recomend it
    simple enough for a monkey, but made for a human

    This is my @))TH POST i mean 200th post!!!!!!!!!!