Camino de Santiago - Way of St James

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jason, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Ever considered cycling the long distance path to Santiago de Compostela? The Camino de Santiago, an
    800km path, otherwise know as the Way of St James?

    If so take a look at http:www.ultreya.net (a Camino de Santiago website.)

    Ultreya.net also has an online community of international adventurers, pilgrims, exchanging
    information about The Camino de Santiago.

  2. Jo Hardman

    Jo Hardman Guest

    Jason wrote:
    > Ever considered cycling the long distance path to Santiago de Compostela? The Camino de Santiago,
    > an 800km path, otherwise know as the Way of St James?
    >
    > If so take a look at http:www.ultreya.net (a Camino de Santiago website.)
    >
    > Ultreya.net also has an online community of international adventurers, pilgrims, exchanging
    > information about The Camino de Santiago.

    It's a great ride - did it year before last - definitely recomend it! Jo

  3. Jason wrote:

    > Ever considered cycling the long distance path to Santiago de Compostela? The Camino de Santiago,
    > an 800km path, otherwise know as the Way of St James?

    Yes I did consider it, but ended up riding further south, I used a few sections of the Camino later
    in my travels. I'd be very tempted to ride it again, since the NW of Spain was one of the places I
    never visited...

    > If so take a look at http:www.ultreya.net (a Camino de Santiago website.)
    >
    > Ultreya.net also has an online community of international adventurers, pilgrims, exchanging
    > information about The Camino de Santiago.

    Every page seems to contain the words "under contruction" and very little else.

    Here's a suggestion --- build the site and *then* announce it.

    Adrian Tritschler mailto:[email protected] Latitude 38°S, Longitude 145°E,
    Altitude 50m, Shoe size 44

  4. Shane Badham

    Shane Badham Guest

    Jason <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Ever considered cycling the long distance path to Santiago de Compostela? The Camino de Santiago,
    > an 800km path, otherwise know as the Way of St James?
    >
    > If so take a look at http:www.ultreya.net (a Camino de Santiago website.)
    >
    > Ultreya.net also has an online community of international adventurers, pilgrims, exchanging
    > information about The Camino de Santiago.

    Did it in 2001, but added most of the Paris route, starting at Orleans.

    I joined it via Newhaven-Dieppe, then Rouen, Chartres and Orleans.

    One advantage of this is the ride down trough France builds up your fitness for the Camino and the
    Montes de Leon.

    --
    Regards, Shane. "A closed mouth gathers no feet." Web site: http://www.wonk.demon.co.uk/