Camp 10sp Derailleur Slop

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by wannagofast, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. wannagofast

    wannagofast Guest

    My rear has some side to side movement. The pivot bolt is tight to the
    frame, yet the body wiggles about it. How much movement is acceptable?

    I'm having some shifting problems, but that could be due to a worn shifter.

    Thanks, Chris

    Tags:

  2. right-<< My rear has some side to side movement. The pivot bolt is tight to
    the
    frame, yet the body wiggles about it. How much movement is acceptable?
    >><BR><BR>

    Change inner wire and housing first and ensure the EC-RE-111 isn't broken along
    with one or both of the springs.

    Go see a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo'.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  3. wannagofast

    wannagofast Guest

    Thanks, so I take it a little slop in the derailleur/pivot is not meaingful,
    it's more likely the EC-RE-111 is cracked. I've already replaced the
    cables, housing and springs.

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > right-<< My rear has some side to side movement. The pivot bolt is tight

    > the
    > frame, yet the body wiggles about it. How much movement is acceptable?
    > >><BR><BR>

    > Change inner wire and housing first and ensure the EC-RE-111 isn't broken

    along
    > with one or both of the springs.
    >
    > Go see a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo'.
    >
    > Peter Chisholm
    > Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    > 1833 Pearl St.
    > Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535
    > http://www.vecchios.com
    > "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. right-<< Thanks, so I take it a little slop in the derailleur/pivot is not
    meaingful,
    it's more likely the EC-RE-111 is cracked. I've already replaced the
    >><BR><BR>

    Perhaps. Take the lever off, take the back cap off. Yoy will see the end of the
    post. If it wiggles like a loose tooth, it is broken.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302