Camp Cropper and The Two Pound Diet

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mu_nstruck, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.

    The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    meal (morning).

    No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    group (anymore). The incident of disease is far less than expected
    according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal of
    time with.

    I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    together.

    Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.

    The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.

    The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    it.

    Tags:

  2. "Mu_nstruck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.
    >
    > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > meal (morning).
    >
    > No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    > group (anymore). The incident of disease is far less than expected
    > according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal of
    > time with.
    >
    > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    > many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > together.
    >
    > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.
    >
    > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.
    >
    > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > it.

    It works IF one is a prisioner in Iraq. But then again, what choice does
    one have in this environment? By the way, did you check their lipid
    profile? This is a Cardiology newsgroup, you know. I would be willing to
    bet that after YEARS on this diet, one might slip and fall on ice and then
    there would be the likes of Andy Ben_Hua Chung defending the diet and
    declaring they must have gone off their diet and went on a low carb diet and
    died as the result of a cardiac event that would not have happened had they
    stayed on their two pound diet.

    Cross posting deleted from this reply.

  3. Phil Holman

    Phil Holman Guest

    "Paul E. Lehmann" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Mu_nstruck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and

    the
    > > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.
    > >
    > > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water,

    canned
    > > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > > meal (morning).
    > >
    > > No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    > > group (anymore). The incident of disease is far less than expected
    > > according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal

    of
    > > time with.
    > >
    > > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent

    Iraqis
    > > many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    > > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    > > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > > together.
    > >
    > > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.
    > >
    > > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to

    bribe
    > > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.
    > >
    > > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > > it.

    > It works IF one is a prisioner in Iraq.

    Or IF one has the willpower.

    >But then again, what choice does one have in this environment?

    None but outside of this environment one can chose to be ideal or not
    chose and be overweight.
    Is the answer to take away the choice or to educate/reprogram the
    person.
    Diets work or fail based on the what goes on in one's head and not which
    diet one is on although, weight aside, some will be healthier than
    others.

    >By the way, did you check their lipid
    > profile? This is a Cardiology newsgroup, you know. I would be

    willing to
    > bet that after YEARS on this diet, one might slip and fall on ice

    Ice in Iraq. I never knew that.

    >and then
    > there would be the likes of Andy Ben_Hua Chung defending the diet and
    > declaring they must have gone off their diet and went on a low carb

    diet and
    > died as the result of a cardiac event that would not have happened had

    they
    > stayed on their two pound diet.

    Hmmm. Do you feel better now.

    Phil Holman

  4. Tiger Lily

    Tiger Lily Guest

    keep it to your own group Roose

    or has it got too quiet for you???

    "Mu_nstruck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.
    >
    > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > meal (morning).
    >
    > No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    > group (anymore). The incident of disease is far less than expected
    > according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal of
    > time with.
    >
    > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    > many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > together.
    >
    > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.
    >
    > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.
    >
    > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > it.

  5. Bob Pastorio

    Bob Pastorio Guest

    Mu_nstruck wrote:

    > Recently, I

    I'm sorry. I missed exactly who this "I" is. Perhaps you can tell
    everyone in these groups you crossposted to and are trolling who you
    are. So we can see what you're about. You know, see if there's any
    substance to you and what you say. See why your impeccable credentials
    make you a formidable and truthful witness for events.

    Just asking as a close, close friend.

    > was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.
    >
    > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > meal (morning).

    A few liters of water? Beans? Canned meat? We feed them once a day?
    And that should be a source of pride for us? That demonstrates how
    humanely we're treating our prisoners? This is something you believe
    to be good?

    > No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    > group (anymore).

    When people are starving, they get skinny. Duh. Not dying from
    malnutrition is a notable landmark in humane prisoner treatment to
    you? This is a mark of success?

    > The incident of disease is far less than expected
    > according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal of
    > time with.
    >
    > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    > many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > together.

    So let's see. You're in Iraq for some reason and you're spending a
    great deal of time with Red Cross people and also high-level Iraqi
    prisoners. And you talk about the 2PoundPOWDiet with them? You now
    also speak Arabic, Farsi, Kurdish... Right. You went there and talked
    about the diet. You went there because you're knowledgeable about the
    cuisines of their cultures? You went there to talk to people who were
    losing weight and being thirsty and you think it's some sort of
    vindication of your illiterate dietary idea?

    Did you go because you're a nutritionist? No, you aren't one. Did you
    go because you're a doctor? No, you aren't one. Did you go to train
    the prisoners how to maintain muscle on less than 2 pounds of food a
    day? No, you didn't. Did you go for humanitarian aid? Can't imagine it
    given your pronouncements. So why did you go and talk with prisoners?

    Jayzus, you're transparent.

    > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.
    >
    > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.

    We're not giving them enough water? Middle east, desert conditions and
    we're giving them a few liters a day?

    > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > it.

    Right. Put them in prison and let's make light of the whole situation.
    Americans and Iraqis being killed daily and shitskull anonymously
    heroic Mu talks about his delusional dietary twaddle. Crossposted, no
    less. It's all about him. Every bit of it is about his stunted ego and
    overdeveloped neediness. Looka me, looka me...

    Good work demonstrating what you are and what you aren't so
    graphically. Again. Oh please reply like you always do with all those
    hooks dangling out of your mouth.

    Pastorio

  6. Ron Ritzman

    Ron Ritzman Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:24:48 -0400, Mu_nstruck <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    >implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    >it.

    All (low calorie) diets "work" on those who "don't choose to use
    them". This is never questioned by anybody with more then 17 brain
    cells. Whether or not the 2PD will work with people in the "affluent
    west" where food choices are abundant can't be demonstrated by it's
    "forced" implementation POWs in a third world country. (of course the
    2PD *will* work if followed "with an ounce of common sense" as you
    once put it, but so will any other low calorie diet)

    Taking you at your word that you did go to Iraq, how many of the POWs
    were obese before becoming POWs?. With the exception of some former
    elites, I would guess that most weren't because Iraqis don't eat as
    much as we do here in the good old fat USA. They probably ate 2 pounds
    or its caloric equivalent when they weren't POWs.

    So once again, the only thing you demonstrated is...

    If you eat more then your body needs, you may get fat.

    If you don't eat more then your body needs, you won't get fat.

    If you are fat and you eat less then your body needs to maintain the
    fat, you'll get unfat.

    But then again, anybody with 17 brain cells or more knows that too.

    BTW, I'm beginning to believe that we won't solve the obesity problem
    until we can get to the point where those who would otherwise be prone
    to obesity can maintain a weight that's healthy for them with
    intuitive ad lib eating and without ANY dieting schemes or
    paraphernalia. This would include journals, charts, points, calorie
    counters, fat or carb gram counters, ketosticks, or food scales.

    --
    Ron Ritzman
    http://www.panix.com/~ritzlart

  7. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Oh, yeah. That'll work.

    Steve

  8. Diane

    Diane Guest

    If he went to Iraq...I'm the Woosh Fariy!!!!
    All he has to contribute to anything is Two Pounds of Bullsh%$#.

    MsDee

  9. Mu_nstruck wrote:

    > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.
    >
    > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > meal (morning).
    >
    > No one has died from malnutrition. There is not one fat POW in the
    > group (anymore). The incident of disease is far less than expected
    > according to the International Red Cross folks I spent a great deal of
    > time with.
    >
    > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    > many who were part of the Deck of Cards. When I asked them about
    > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.
    > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > together.
    >
    > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.
    >
    > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.
    >
    > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > it.

    Thank you for sharing your story.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  10. Fencer

    Fencer Guest

    Mu_nstruck wrote:

    > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the now
    > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport and the
    > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.

    Yup, that's quite a blessing for someone like you.

    It's out bad luck they let you back.

    > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water, canned
    > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a single
    > meal (morning).

    "Coming soon, from the creators of the 2 pound a day diet, the ALL NEW
    "Beans and canned meat once a day meal plan!"

    > No one has died from malnutrition.

    You mean "No one has YET died ..."

    > There is not one fat POW in the
    > group (anymore).

    How many fat POWs were there to begin with? Iraq isn't exactly Samoa.

    > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent Iraqis
    > many who were part of the Deck of Cards.

    Don't tell me, let me guess. You played poker with them.

    > When I asked them about
    > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were similar.

    I'll be they said "Get lost you pathetic loser!"

    > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but the
    > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated all
    > together.

    People who fast for several days say their hunger pains go away too.

    > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more? No.

    How do you know?

    > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to bribe
    > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.

    Pray tell, dear mu/roose, with what would they bribe you? Sand? Nail
    clippings?

    > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    > it.

    There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, you too can lose weight by
    enrolling in a concentration camp.

    Hey, mu/roose, why don't you try to sell this idea to the corrections
    board. I doubt even Texas would go for this because they'd consider it as a
    cruel and unusual punishment.

  11. Fencer

    Fencer Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:52:31 -0400, Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote:

    > Thank you for sharing your story.

    Thank you for being a smarmy git.

  12. Annette

    Annette Guest

    Reminds me of something I've heard before;

    "There were no fat people in Auschwitz." (Well, amongst the
    prisoners, anyway).

    Most of them died from it.

    Annette
    "Just when I had trained my horse to work without eating, he up and
    died on me".

    "Fencer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > Mu_nstruck wrote:
    > >
    > > Recently, I was "blessed" with a trip to Iraq having work at the

    now
    > > infamous Camp Cropper outside of Baghdad International Airport

    and the
    > > reopened penal facility at Abu Ghraib.

    > Yup, that's quite a blessing for someone like you.
    >
    > It's out bad luck they let you back.
    >
    > > The food is rationed and includes beans, a few liters of water,

    canned
    > > meat....well under two pounds per day and usually only in a

    single
    > > meal (morning).

    > "Coming soon, from the creators of the 2 pound a day diet, the ALL

    NEW
    > "Beans and canned meat once a day meal plan!"
    >
    > > No one has died from malnutrition.

    > You mean "No one has YET died ..."
    >
    > > There is not one fat POW in the
    > > group (anymore).

    > How many fat POWs were there to begin with? Iraq isn't exactly

    Samoa.

    > > I had the opportunity to talk with a number of very intelligent

    Iraqis
    > > many who were part of the Deck of Cards.

    > Don't tell me, let me guess. You played poker with them.
    >
    > > When I asked them about
    > > their appetites, their hunger, to a one the responses were

    similar.

    > I'll be they said "Get lost you pathetic loser!"
    >
    > > They had learned to adjust over a period of days and weeks but

    the
    > > hunger cravings had been either severely reduced or eliminated

    all
    > > together.

    > People who fast for several days say their hunger pains go away

    too.

    > > Would they prefer to eat more? Sure. Did they need to eat more?

    No.

    > How do you know?
    >
    > > The entire time I spent there, not one POW asked or attempted to

    bribe
    > > me for more food. Tobacco? Oh, yes. Water?, Yep. Food? Not one.

    > Pray tell, dear mu/roose, with what would they bribe you? Sand?

    Nail
    > clippings?
    >
    > > The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    > > implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to

    use
    > > it.

    > There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, you too can lose weight

    by
    > enrolling in a concentration camp.
    >
    > Hey, mu/roose, why don't you try to sell this idea to the

    corrections
    > board. I doubt even Texas would go for this because they'd

    consider it as a
    > cruel and unusual punishment.

    ---

  13. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:04:40 -0400, Ron Ritzman
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Whether or not the 2PD will work with people in the "affluent
    >west" where food choices are abundant can't be demonstrated by it's
    >"forced" implementation POWs in a third world country. (of course the
    >2PD *will* work if followed "with an ounce of common sense" as you
    >once put it, but so will any other low calorie diet)

    The premise of the 2PDiet has been maligned by many on Usenet (not
    you) and the premise has proven itself once again. The POW"s reported
    a significant decrease in hunger, a large loss of appetite. many of
    these folks were once aristocratic and many never had the addition of
    manual labor (increased energy consumption) which, one would think,
    should have driven hunger up.

    It didn't happen.

    >Taking you at your word that you did go to Iraq, how many of the POWs
    >were obese before becoming POWs?.

    From records and from personal observation, approximately half. Very
    much like an American population.

    >With the exception of some former
    >elites, I would guess that most weren't because Iraqis don't eat as
    >much as we do here in the good old fat USA. They probably ate 2 pounds
    >or its caloric equivalent when they weren't POWs.

    Nope, these were mostly affluent, upper class, so to speak, in
    Cropper. They ate very American lifestyles except for the lack of
    fast food. But then, upper class, affluent America is mot the major
    customer of fast food.

    >So once again, the only thing you demonstrated is...
    >
    >If you eat more then your body needs, you may get fat.
    >
    >If you don't eat more then your body needs, you won't get fat.
    >
    >If you are fat and you eat less then your body needs to maintain the
    >fat, you'll get unfat.
    >
    >But then again, anybody with 17 brain cells or more knows that too.

    Tell the folks who are responding differently to this thread then.

    The fact that one has to repeat the obvious over and over again
    doesn't reflect on the truth of the message just the abilities,
    emotions, hatred and prejudices of the ones the message is aimed at.

    >BTW, I'm beginning to believe that we won't solve the obesity problem
    >until we can get to the point where those who would otherwise be prone
    >to obesity can maintain a weight that's healthy for them with
    >intuitive ad lib eating and without ANY dieting schemes or
    >paraphernalia. This would include journals, charts, points, calorie
    >counters, fat or carb gram counters, ketosticks, or food scales.

    I would disagree and look, again, to the successes of the 2PDiet.

    At some point, almost everyone tosses their food scales away. You
    don't need them to assess volume and you stop wanting to eat too much
    anyway.

  14. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:01:02 -0400, Bob Pastorio <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I'm sorry

    Accepted.

    Until you answer the questions regarding your quad bypass, your
    smoking, your obesity and why, with all the information known to you,
    by your own admission, you nearly killed yourself with a lousy diet,
    gluttony, excesses and no exercise, you can keep your hands off your
    keyboard and in your pants.

    It will be the only thing you will have left to play with, Cheffie.
    I'm no longer interested in your pitiful TROLLING and useless
    demagoguery.

  15. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thank you for sharing your story.

    You're welcome.

  16. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:22:01 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> The Simple Two Pound Diet works as advertised...even when it is
    >> implemented on those who, shall we say, didn't exactly choose to use
    >> it.

    >It works IF one is a prisioner in Iraq.

    And if one is not.

    >But then again, what choice does
    >one have in this environment?

    Choice is not the issue I am addressing.

    > By the way, did you check their lipid
    >profile? This is a Cardiology newsgroup, you know.

    Yes and yes.

    > I would be willing to
    >bet that after YEARS on this diet, one might slip and fall on ice and then
    >there would be the likes of Andy Ben_Hua Chung defending the diet and
    >declaring they must have gone off their diet and went on a low carb diet and
    >died as the result of a cardiac event that would not have happened had they
    >stayed on their two pound diet.

    Let us know when you slip.

  17. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:22:22 -0600, "Tiger Lily" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >keep it to your own group Roose
    >
    >or has it got too quiet for you???

    Thanks for pointing out the now undeleted Xpost, Cyberstalker.

  18. Mu_nstruck

    Mu_nstruck Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:45:02 +1000, "Annette" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Reminds me of something I've heard before;
    >
    >"There were no fat people in Auschwitz." (Well, amongst the
    >prisoners, anyway).
    >
    >Most of them died from it.

    Neither funny or relevant. A rather pathetic response.

  19. Fencer

    Fencer Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:03:44 -0400, Mu_nstruck wrote:

    > On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:45:02 +1000, "Annette" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Reminds me of something I've heard before;
    >>
    >>"There were no fat people in Auschwitz." (Well, amongst the
    >>prisoners, anyway).
    >>
    >>Most of them died from it.

    > Neither funny or relevant. A rather pathetic response.

    It's a typical mu/roose response, then; pathetic, irrelevant and devoid of
    humor.

  20. Fencer

    Fencer Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:01:18 -0400, Mu_nstruck wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:22:01 -0400, "Paul E. Lehmann"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I would be willing to
    >>bet that after YEARS on this diet, one might slip and fall on ice and then
    >>there would be the likes of Andy Ben_Hua Chung defending the diet and
    >>declaring they must have gone off their diet and went on a low carb diet and
    >>died as the result of a cardiac event that would not have happened had they
    >>stayed on their two pound diet.

    > Let us know when you slip.

    Why mu/roose, how Christian of you!