Campag 10 front derailleur + 8 speed chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Wright

Hi,

I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do this
in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the gap
between the two edges too narrow?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Wright

If you are useing 10 speed in the back you will need a 10 speed chain. If you are useing the front
10 speed on the front of an 8 speed in the back, remove the plastis guide in the outer cage and you
now have 8-9 speed front derailer. Hope this helps, Garry

"Tom Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do
> this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
> gap between the two edges too narrow?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tom Wright

Tom-<< I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to
do this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
gap between the two edges too narrow?

gap is the same for 8s/9s/10s. For 10s they added a plastic 'part', just remove it but even with it,
it will work.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thanks very much to those that replied - just the info I needed.

Tom

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
> Tom-<< I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like
> to do this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or
> is the gap between the two edges too narrow?
>
> gap is the same for 8s/9s/10s. For 10s they added a plastic 'part', just remove it but even with
> it, it will work.
>
> Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Status
Not open for further replies.