Campag 10 front derailleur + 8 speed chain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom Wright, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Tom Wright

    Tom Wright Guest

    Hi,

    I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do this
    in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the gap
    between the two edges too narrow?

    Thanks in advance,

    Tom Wright

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    If you are useing 10 speed in the back you will need a 10 speed chain. If you are useing the front
    10 speed on the front of an 8 speed in the back, remove the plastis guide in the outer cage and you
    now have 8-9 speed front derailer. Hope this helps, Garry

    "Tom Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do
    > this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
    > gap between the two edges too narrow?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tom Wright

  3. Tom-<< I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to
    do this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
    gap between the two edges too narrow?

    gap is the same for 8s/9s/10s. For 10s they added a plastic 'part', just remove it but even with it,
    it will work.

  4. Tom Wright

    Tom Wright Guest

    Thanks very much to those that replied - just the info I needed.

    Tom