Campag 10 front derailleur + 8 speed chain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom Wright, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Wright

Tom Wright Guest

Hi,

I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do this
    in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the gap
    between the two edges too narrow?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Wright

Tags:

2. Garry N

Garry N Guest

If you are useing 10 speed in the back you will need a 10 speed chain. If you are useing the front
    10 speed on the front of an 8 speed in the back, remove the plastis guide in the outer cage and you
    now have 8-9 speed front derailer. Hope this helps, Garry

"Tom Wright" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to do
    > this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
    > gap between the two edges too narrow?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tom Wright

3. Tom-<< I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like to
    do this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or is the
    gap between the two edges too narrow?

gap is the same for 8s/9s/10s. For 10s they added a plastic 'part', just remove it but even with it,
    it will work.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

4. Tom Wright

Tom Wright Guest

Thanks very much to those that replied - just the info I needed.

Tom

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    > Tom-<< I am in the process of converting to Chorus 10 speed from Shimano 8 speed, but would like
    > to do this in stages. Will a Chorus 10sp front derailleur work with a standard 8 speed chain, or
    > is the gap between the two edges too narrow?
    >
    > gap is the same for 8s/9s/10s. For 10s they added a plastic 'part', just remove it but even with
    > it, it will work.
    >
    > Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    > (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.