Campag 10 speed cassette spacers

Soderskungen

Sep 7, 2007
Not a problem, but am curious to know why there is a slightly thicker spacer (2.55mm) between cogs 4 and 5 (counting from the biggest) than between the others (2.4mm). Any ideas anyone?

It takes up the extra space between the carrier for 3rd and 4th (which is a bit thin) and the fifth sprocket. I got them mixed up the spacers once and it took me a long time to figure out why the shifting was wrong.

Tschüss

Thanks Tafi, but I meant the cheaper models with all 10 cogs separate and not on carriers. There is definately a noticably larger gap between 4th and 5th that can be seen if you hold the cassette up to the light. Seems odd that they wouldn't engineer it to function with identical spacing between all cogs.

Söderskungen said:
Not a problem, but am curious to know why there is a slightly thicker spacer (2.55mm) between cogs 4 and 5 (counting from the biggest) than between the others (2.4mm). Any ideas anyone?
Campagnolo 10-speed I have measured all have 4.12 mm Center-to-Center spacing with 1.7 mm thick cogs and 2.42 mm thick spacers

My Chorus setup instructions (going by memory) say to set the derailleur up initially by putting it on the 5th (or 6th, forget which one) cog from the outside and centering the upper pulley to the cog by adjusting the cable tension. I thought the shift steps would be the same for all gears though?

Are the cogs different thicknesses and compensated by differing spacer widths?

CAMPYBOB said:
My Chorus setup instructions (going by memory) say to set the derailleur up initially by putting it on the 5th (or 6th, forget which one) cog from the outside and centering the upper pulley to the cog by adjusting the cable tension. I thought the shift steps would be the same for all gears though?

Are the cogs different thicknesses and compensated by differing spacer widths?
No, they're all the same thickness as the same cog can be placed in different positions dependant on the cassette ratio (eg. a 12-23 has a 19C sprocket in position 3, whilst a 13-26 has the same in position 4 and a 14-23 has it in 5).

I can actually see that the gap is slightly bigger between 4 and 5 when I hold it up to a bright light.

Söderskungen said:
No, they're all the same thickness as the same cog can be placed in different positions dependant on the cassette ratio (eg. a 12-23 has a 19C sprocket in position 3, whilst a 13-26 has the same in position 4 and a 14-23 has it in 5).

I can actually see that the gap is slightly bigger between 4 and 5 when I hold it up to a bright light.
I was wrong about my first posting regarding spacers.
Different models have different spacers in different positions.
Take a look at the model you are dealing with.

http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/7225320_Pignoni_10s_1106.pdf

Shows 2.4 and 2.55 mm spacers in the Centaur example.

daveornee said:
I was wrong about my first posting regarding spacers.
Different models have different spacers in different positions.
Take a look at the model you are dealing with.

http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/7225320_Pignoni_10s_1106.pdf

Shows 2.4 and 2.55 mm spacers in the Centaur example.
Yeah, it's the same as for Veloce. 2.55mm between 4th and 5th and 2.4mm between all the rest. And excluding the spacers between paired cogs on carriers, it's the same for all of them.