Campag 2002 - rattling left brifter

Shane Halpin

Guest
All,

My left lever - 2002 record, rattles incessantly, is this a known problem, or can any of you offer
guidance - I though I'd got away from this when I changed from the older Ultegra!

Many thanks,

Shane.

"Shane Halpin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> All,
>
> My left lever - 2002 record, rattles incessantly, is this a known problem, or can any of you offer
> guidance - I though I'd got away from this when I changed from the older Ultegra!

Look at your right lever and you'll see a little rubber nubbin stuck into the back of the brake
lever that stops it from hitting the shift lever. This is probably missing from your left lever.

--
Robin Hubert <[email protected]

Thanks Robin, checked that already any other ideas?

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:52:28 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Shane Halpin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> All,
>>
>> My left lever - 2002 record, rattles incessantly, is this a known problem, or can any of you
>> offer guidance - I though I'd got away from this when I changed from the older Ultegra!
>>

>Look at your right lever and you'll see a little rubber nubbin stuck into the back of the brake
>lever that stops it from hitting the shift lever. This is probably missing from your left lever.

Do you have a non-Campy brake cable installed in that lever? I have a generic cable in my right
lever and though it works fine, it rattles a touch when not braking because the shape of the end
isn't a perfect fit.

- Dan

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 19:47:23 GMT, "Dan Gillette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you have a non-Campy brake cable installed in that lever? I have a generic cable in my right
>lever and though it works fine, it rattles a touch when not braking because the shape of the end
>isn't a perfect fit.
>
>- Dan
>
>"Shane Halpin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Thanks Robin, checked that already any other ideas?

>> On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:52:28 GMT, "Robin Hubert" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >"Shane Halpin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >news:[email protected]...

>> >Look at your right lever and you'll see a little rubber nubbin stuck into the back of the brake
>> >lever that stops it from hitting the shift lever. This is probably missing from your left lever.

Yes - I'm using a transfil cable (French) I'll investigate - thanks for the tip, I'll report back

Regards,