CAMPAG 8 SP v's SHIMANO 8SP COMPATABILITY?

gorroy

Sep 23, 2004
Currently have an 8 speed campag system and it looks like the freehub body on the rear wheel has finally packed in. I dont really want to just scrap the whole 8 speed system as it works fine, but I cannot get hold of either a replacement 8 sp wheel, hub or freehub body for campag.

I have thought about buying a shimano 8 speed wheel and block as they seem to be a lot more available and you can still buy new. Can anyone advise if running a shimano 8sp wheel/block with a campag system works ok. If not - what are my 8 speed alternatives?

Thanks

Gordon

gorroy said:
Currently have an 8 speed campag system and it looks like the freehub body on the rear wheel has finally packed in. I dont really want to just scrap the whole 8 speed system as it works fine, but I cannot get hold of either a replacement 8 sp wheel, hub or freehub body for campag.

I have thought about buying a shimano 8 speed wheel and block as they seem to be a lot more available and you can still buy new. Can anyone advise if running a shimano 8sp wheel/block with a campag system works ok. If not - what are my 8 speed alternatives?

Thanks

Gordon
Campy 8 speed cog spacing is 5.0mm, and shimano 8 is 4,8mm.Cloee enough that a shimano 8 casette/wheel will probably work. there is also a wheels manufacturing campy-sh8 spacer kit that will convert a shiamno8 speed casette to campy 8 spacing.