Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Campag Brake/Lever Rattle

Started by Slyck · · Last activity · 1 post · 1,097 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
22 October 2003
Last activity
22 October 2003
Original author
Slyck
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,097
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. About 6 months ago, after I installed a new front deralieur cable, my left shifter (Campag Daytona) developed a rattle. When I shifty to the big chain ring (ie. tighten the cable) there is no rattle. In the small ring, it's like a pair of maraccas! My initial reaction was to try and tighten the cable but no cigar!

    There is no visible vibration, that is, the shifter and brake lever aren't knocking together so the rattle must be coming from inside the actual mechanism itself.

    As I didn't change the cable housing when I installed the new cable, I thought that might have been the problem. So I installed a new cable and housing but still no luck.

    The funny thing is if I take the cable off altogether, no rattle when I bounce it on the ground.

    Any help greatly appreciated...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.