Campag Carbon Cranks - chain ring bolts (T30) - torque specs?

MattAussie66

Oct 12, 2004
Hi there,

The campag technical manual isn't much help here...

"If it is necessary to replace the chaingrings contact a Campagnolo service centre... bla bla bla ... personal injury ... certain death"

Record 11sp cranks, four alloy T-30 bolts and a "hidden" T-30 behind the crank arm. I guess the hidden one screws into alloy.

I was thinking around 8 N.m would be the target here - but I think this is the spec for the old allen key steel ones.
Torx head should be higher torque spec than an allen key, but alloy should be lower torque spec than steel... lost :(

I don't want to cam out the torx heads... or possibility of certain death.

Does anyone out there know the torque spec for these suckers?

thanks and regards,
mattAussie66

According to the 2011 Campy instructions, the torque on the chainring bolts should be 8 nm. I've attached the Campy pdf.

Attachments

• Ultra_Torque_crankset_11_2011.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
thanks alienator,

The full 15MB technical manual doesn't appear to have the "Crankset Maintenance" section or the torque spec numbers - I wonder why they left them out? Probably that bit about certain death?

regards,
Matthew

Originally Posted by MattAussie66 .

thanks alienator,

The full 15MB technical manual doesn't appear to have the "Crankset Maintenance" section or the torque spec numbers - I wonder why they left them out? Probably that bit about certain death?

regards,
Matthew
I generally skip the full tech manual and just go straight to the instructions for the individual components.